• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

RuntimeError

RuntimeError

I wanna sleep forever ;-;
Feb 4, 2023
In recent years we have seen the rise of ChatGPT, Devin, Copilot, DALL•E and the like. It appears to be be a matter of when, not if humanity creates artificial general intelligence. We will no longer be special in our intellect. It appears that many, or perhaps all, tasks that currently require a human will one day be doable by machine. When that time comes do you think we stop putting humans on a pedestal? Will we allow people who do not wish to exist to cease to exist?

M

m_h_d

Mar 9, 2024
I believe that basic logic and the choice of environmental / societal best possible solutions will lead AI to decide to eliminate a large part of the human race, to cull the population to a sustainable level. One way forward will be to offer CTB - indeed to promote it as a social benefit.

Reactions: tbroken
reclaimedbynature

reclaimedbynature

self-banned
Jan 24, 2024
No, I don't doubt it'll cause some people to lose their jobs but at the end of the day Ai is just a tool - it has its merits, but to say that it'll one day replace us is just silly. There's just too many things about our intelligence that AI cannot replicate - it lacks our nuance, autonomy and imagination. Our intellect is shaped mostly by our environment, evolution and genetics. Unlike Ai, people write stories based on personal life experiences - background and culture. AI can only regurgitate what we feed into it - it is neither intelligent or creative, it is just an over glorified calculator. There's a glaring distinction between a piece that is written by AI and an actual human being - and if you enjoy creative writing, you'll quickly realize just how much AI falls short in comparison. For example, there are a lot of movies thought to have been written by AI in light of the writer protests, like Wish and Megamind 2. They not only tanked in the box office but scored laughably low on rotten tomatoes and for good reason.

Last edited:
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Population decline is already a significant problem and AI will only make it worse. Less jobs will mean less people can afford families.

I think the biggest mistake people made was somehow assuming all this was decades away, when it's actually just years.

The other scary thing is that it's also widely believed we will significantly slow aging within 20 years. We will have less young people, less jobs but lots of people aged 60-200 years old. Who knows what everyone will be doing.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
We will have less young people, less jobs but lots of people aged 60-200 years old. Who knows what everyone will be doing.
That's what I was going to say. It seems that there will be a need for young people purely to be servants for the elderly, while having little prospect to ever retire themselves.

Reactions: UKscotty
GreyCTB

GreyCTB

Student
Aug 26, 2022
AI is the reason why I will CTB. I don't know for certain what will happen but given the fact that technological progress is ever-accelerating, it's safe to say that we are being taken into an utterly reckless ride into the unknown. If technological society stays intact for the next couple of years I fear AI will probably destroy all life on our planet (either directly or by modifying it such that nothing will be what like it is right now). I refuse to live in a world where machines may or may not get to play god.

Last edited:
Reactions: m_h_d