• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
This thread is aimed at two purposes here, first off, it is to give my perspective and stance on why I don't gatekeep nor condemn people who ended up choosing barbaric (and sometimes collateral damage) means to CTB. Then, it is also a small vent on the lack of peaceful, reliable means and how that results in people choosing risky and brutal means to CTB out of desperation and immense suffering.

First off, I want to say my official stance with regards to people choosing barbaric means to exit is that I don't personally endorse it, but I will NOT condemn nor judge them for choosing it.

• This is because I don't know their personal circumstances and situation; perhaps that may be the only thing they have (reliable) access to and/or is suitable for their situation. This is also the result of a prohibitive and anti-choice society itself!
  • Then also, CTB'ing itself may perhaps be one of the hardest (if not the hardest!) things one can undertake, which entails researching, planning, procuring, and even with all the best circumstances, execution and overcoming one's own biological SI (survival instinct), which is more than enough of a challenge, nevermind making things any more difficult or complicated than it has to be!
  • The other part is that because no individual/sentience being alive presently chose/consented to life to begin with. Then they are imposed responsibilities and burdens in life while being expected to uphold them for no reward. Therefore it would be unreasonable to expect one to bear the burdens and responsibilities to spare others some emotional harm or that they owe society some debt that they never explicitly accepted to begin with! This isn't about being petty nor out of vengeance, but simply based on the natural logic of nature, prior to one being bound by laws, mores, and norms of society.
So with that said, that is my reasoning for my stance on why I don't gatekeep nor condemn those who chose desperate (and often brutal, violent) methods to CTB, because I don't know their situation, and perhaps that's all they have. It would be unreasonable to expect them to go out of their way (on an already arduous existence) and even compromise their own plans just to spare others' some emotional harm. Of course, there will be people who take extra measures to ensure the minimum amount of collateral damage for unwilling participants and they really earn my respect because it's not something that they have to do. Instead, I consider it a 'generous favor' even on the ones who are suffering to take the liberty of limiting and minimizing collateral harm to other third parties.

My stance may be controversial and I know there are people (even pro-choicers) who don't agree with me and that's fine. I don't expect everyone to agree with me even though there are others who share the same/similar stance as I do, for instance, @FuneralCry . Also, several years ago, I had a thread describing about the horrors of those who ended up CTB'ing by police, and I do not endorse that. However, at the same time, I'm not going to condemn said person for doing what they did because maybe that person didn't have other "reliable" means to end their suffering (I assume they don't and that was the best they could do in their situation). It seems like almost all the pro-lifers would then be blaming the said person who CTB'd via cop/police, and while I understand it's selfish and it's sad, once again, I will claim that pro-lifers also share the responsibility of banning and restricting peaceful, reliable methods as well as supporting paternalistic and intrusive government (State) intervention and CTB prevention policies. They don't want to legalized and (carefully) regulate voluntary euthanasia/right to die/assisted suicide/medical assistance in dying, and also want to give the State (as well as sanctioning) the carte blanche authority to infringe upon an individual's personal freedom and liberty, in the name of health and safety.

So in conclusion, this is my explanation of why I'm not going to condemn people who end up choosing brutal methods to CTB, and even though I don't endorse it specifically, I could understand why they end up choosing the method they choose. If they do have a better, peaceful and also reliable method, I'm sure they would be more inclined to do so, but we (nor I) don't know their personal circumstances. Additionally, the act of CTB'ing itself is already one of the hardest (if not the hardest) acts that one can perform and that is not withstanding all the points of failure that one can encounter in their attempt, be it poor execution, unexpected situations, intervention by moral busybodies, and/or their method of choice. Therefore, I only see it as unnecessary complications to further make one's own attempt more cumbersome, inconvenient, and/or difficult by having to consider the impact it has on others. Sure, if one is able to consider all of that into their plan, that's a "generous favor" on behalf of the person trying to escape and end their suffering, but it shouldn't be an absolute obligation nor would I expect a person to go out of their way (especially potentially jeopardizing and compromising their plans/attempts) just to ensure that third parties or others aren't "severely" impacted by their own death.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I just find it horrifying how people are denied the option to reliably die in peace and have no other choice but to resort to methods like that in the first place. It's such an evil world where the option of a peaceful and guaranteed death isn't a human right, it's hellish to make it so people really have to struggle to leave this existence, it's beyond insensitive to me when people complain about desperate people with limited ways to die on their own terms.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
very well said. couldn't agree more.
Thanks and glad you enjoyed my article.

I just find it horrifying how people are denied the option to reliably die in peace and have no other choice but to resort to methods like that in the first place. It's such an evil world where the option of a peaceful and guaranteed death isn't a human right, it's hellish to make it so people really have to struggle to leave this existence, it's beyond insensitive to me when people complain about desperate people with limited ways to die on their own terms.
Absolutely agree with the statements. It's basically like pro-lifers want to have their cake and eat it at the same time, which is just illogical to begin with! Though at the end, no matter what they do, nature and biological instinct to escape suffering will persist and it will just manifest in ways that nobody knows or can predict.