• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Squidward

Squidward

This is as brave as I know how to be...
Apr 18, 2018
Here's 2 that I like and find especially relevant here.

The artist is Pawel Kuczynski. He's the only living artist I've ever really kept up with, haven't seen an update in awhile though.

Attachments

• 380712_400888633273055_1393352173_n-620x.jpg
    380712_400888633273055_1393352173_n-620x.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 528869_416044941757424_473843323_n-620x.jpg
    528869_416044941757424_473843323_n-620x.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 34
El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
Here's 2 that I like and find especially relevant here.

The artist is Pawel Kuczynski. He's the only living artist I've ever really kept up with, haven't seen an update in awhile though.

I came across this artist's work a few years ago and was trying to find it again. Thanks!

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
My favorite piece of art ever. I saw it IRL a couple years ago.

Reactions: Chloe
Phantom

Phantom

Apr 9, 2018
I love play with perspective and the space as we know it: Thus M.C. Escher has to be mentioned.
300px-Escher%27s_Relativity.jpg

("Relativity")

Then, there is the mechanical side of things; although not all will be considered art by all, I'd suggest checking out Theo Jansen's Strandbeest, which is not a single creation but a group of them: http://www.strandbeest.com/
Upload 2018 5 9 0 0 44

---

On my own art, there isn't much to be praised, but for the bonus challenge I'll take part;

bird_by_phantomalpha01-dbw4oyu.png

This isn't the original version of this work, originals were on paper. I call it just "Bird", from a larger project of the same name. My aim was to offer a good look at how birds are constructed. This is supposed to be from below the bird, flying over with the wings wide open. You should see the correct arrangement of flight feathers, as well as the skeleton and body. Although somewhat lacking, I was and still am quite proud of it.

K

Kfoe!12

the grind
Mar 21, 2018
This isn't the original version of this work, originals were on paper. I call it just "Bird", from a larger project of the same name. My aim was to offer a good look at how birds are constructed. This is supposed to be from below the bird, flying over with the wings wide open. You should see the correct arrangement of flight feathers, as well as the skeleton and body. Although somewhat lacking, I was and still am quite proud of it.

Now that is sexy as fuck.
The anatomy makes it look very genuine like some type of fictional more fantasy minimalistic davinci notes, I love it.
aircraft-the-machine-has-been-reduced-to-the-simplest-shape-leonardo-da-vinci.jpg

Squidward

Squidward

This is as brave as I know how to be...
Apr 18, 2018
Hi - this is my first post here, just wanted to say that those pictures stunned me for a while. Thanks for sharing.

My pleasure and welcome to the forum! Sorry your here but were glad to have you.

Google the guy! A lot of his stuff is similarly stunning, I just picked the first 2 that seemed relevant here.

Mari

Mari

Left forum, time's up
May 10, 2018
My pleasure and welcome to the forum! Sorry your here but were glad to have you.

Google the guy! A lot of his stuff is similarly stunning, I just picked the first 2 that seemed relevant here.

Thanks for the welcome and likewise sorry that you as well as the rest of us are here. Still grateful this forum exists!

Googling coming up.

Phantom

Phantom

Apr 9, 2018
Now that is sexy as fuck.
The anatomy makes it look very genuine like some type of fictional more fantasy minimalistic davinci notes, I love it.
Thanks for the support, as well as the picture you shared! I love that type of stuff!

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Nemiik

Nemiik

May 11, 2018
I'd share my own art, but I have a bit of an online presence ( as small as it is ) and dont want to be linked back to here lol.

But, one of my favourite artists is Yuumei~ She makes really beautiful anime-style art. Her backgrounds and concepts are especially stunning. These are my favourite ones, I think. At the crossroads by yuumei daijox7 Better tomorrow by yuumei daa3fwv