• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Pistolero114

Pistolero114

Veteran
Jun 25, 2019
Anyone else have a line from a movie; favorite or not that describes a past or present situation in their life?

Mine would be; "outta all the gin joints in all the world she had to walk into mine".

If you recognize that then your as old as I am....

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Stop Trying To Make Fetch Happen !!! :pfff::pfff: That was the first thing that I thought of. Not sure if it's good or bad. :wink:

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Anyone else have a line from a movie; favorite or not that describes a past or present situation in their life?

Mine would be; "outta all the gin joints in all the world she had to walk into mine".

If you recognize that then your as old as I am....

Casablanca.

How about "Frankly My Dear, I don't give a damn."

Or the whole screenplay for 'night Mother.

Both of those quotes are kinda famous. Even if someone hasn't seen the movie. :wink: I did see Casablanca for the first time about a year ago ??? on TCM
I think the Frankly My Dear is from Gone With The Wind (Without googling it) Night Mother I would have to Google.

Reactions: Pistolero114
Pistolero114

Pistolero114

Veteran
Jun 25, 2019
Both of those quotes are kinda famous. Even if someone hasn't seen the movie. :wink: I did see Casablanca for the first time about a year ago ??? on TCM
I think the Frankly My Dear is from Gone With The Wind (Without googling it) Night Mother I would have to Google.

It is indeed from gone with the wind. Spot on.

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018

So I was correct... do I win anything ??? The sweet release of death perhaps ??? :love:

I did have Gone With The Wind on the DVR but deleted for space and I have too much stuff I don't have time to watch.

Last edited:
Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
Michael. Dear Michael. Of course it's you, who else could they send, who else could be trusted? I... I know it's a long way and you're ready to go to work... all I'm saying is wait, just wait, just-just-just... please hear me out because this is not an episode, relapse, fuck-up, it's... I'm begging you Michael. I'm begging you. Try and make believe this is not just madness because this is not just madness. Two weeks ago I came out of the building, okay, I'm running across Sixth Avenue, there's a car waiting, I got exactly 38 minutes to get to the airport and I'm dictating. There's this, this panicked associate sprinting along beside me, scribbling in a notepad, and suddenly she starts screaming, and I realize we're standing in the middle of the street, the light's changed, there's this wall of traffic, serious traffic speeding towards us, and I... I-I freeze, I can't move, and I'm suddenly consumed with the overwhelming sensation that I'm covered with some sort of film. It's in my hair, my face... it's like a glaze... like a... a coating, and... at first I thought, oh my god, I know what this is, this is some sort of amniotic - embryonic - fluid. I'm drenched in afterbirth, I've-I've breached the chrysalis, I've been reborn. But then the traffic, the stampede, the cars, the trucks, the horns, the screaming and I'm thinking no-no-no-no, reset, this is not rebirth, this is some kind of giddy illusion of renewal that happens in the final moment before death. And then I realize no-no-no, this is completely wrong because I look back at the building and I had the most stunning moment of clarity. I... I... I... I realized Michael, that I had emerged not from the doors of Kenner, Bach, and Ledeen, not through the portals of our vast and powerful law firm, but from the asshole of an organism whose sole function is to excrete the... the-the-the poison, the ammo, the defoliant necessary for other, larger, more powerful organisms to destroy the miracle of humanity. And that I had been coated in this patina of shit for the best part of my life. The stench of it and the stain of it would in all likelihood take the rest of my life to undo. And you know what I did? I took a deep cleansing breath and I set that notion aside. I tabled it. I said to myself as clear as this may be, as potent a feeling as this is, as true a thing as I believe that I have witnessed today, it must wait. It must stand the test of time. And Michael, the time is now.

This is the opening voice over from Michael Clayton .
I Love this movie .

Not a brief line like OP was referencing , but the distraught angsty hyperbole ( ? ) has always
rung true .
For everyone in the industrialized world perhaps ?

CareOfCell44

CareOfCell44

Jul 26, 2019
Great film.

"You know, Jill, you remind me of my mother. She was the biggest whore in Alameda and the finest woman that ever lived. Whoever my father was, for an hour or for a month - he must have been a happy man. ."