• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

U

Ulrich

Mar 6, 2024
From a very young age I was given full access to the internet. I became terminally online thereafter; for the entirety of my primary school and highschool education, in fact. I only realized what had gone wrong when I cut that shit out from my life. It was too late. In retrospect, I'm still hesitant to blame my parents. From their perspective, they wanted to shower me with the things they never had growing up. Too bad this entailed consequences which I am still suffering for.
In class I never payed attention, hence never learned anything. While my peers were learning their trigonometric identities, I was in cloudcuckooland, unable to solve an integral. This is why I performed so badly at school. I was always known as an idiot, and evidently my lack of thought on any conversational topic reflected this. I was (and still am) a moron. I am incredibly fucking stupid. Every day I would come home and play videogames/browse the internet until night. Wake up, waste six hours, come home and waste another six, sleep. Repeat.
If reading material had taken precedence over technology, things could have been different. Instead, I was showered with commodities and gifts from the modern era, which lead to a decline in my mental faculties. Now, I'm acutely aware of my own intellectual failings. I can 'feel' the limits of my thought, if that makes sense. Recently, I had wanted to change things by studying something practical, in particular finance. The mathematics behind quant finance is really beautiful, but I fear I lack the intellectual prowess to excel in such a subject, especially due to the onset of brain fog and headaches which occur periodically (as a result of depressive episodes). In any case, I have no motivation to study now. I really wish I had the patience, but unfortunately I am a fatalist.

I recently came in contact with some old highschool friends. They put on airs, indulged in their vanity and accomplishments whilst undermining my own efforts. Of course, their memory of me is likely that of a complete moron, so it was unsurprising that I was treated as some kind of child when trying to add to the conversation. It's fair, I suppose. I am an idiot after all. Hopefully I will be able to CTB some time in the future. I don't like the fact that my mind will continue to degenerate. Even worse, that I may not have enough autonomy to act in a manner I consider rational. I do not want to fail, so planning is key. Of course, I don't think I can do it now. It would hurt my parents too much.

I want to die in a philosophical manner, like Weininger, Mainlander, Michelstaedter did. But compared to them I am an amoeba. For now, I can only contemplate such an act like some idiot Luftmensch.

MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
I feel similar.

I was praised as a gifted kid genius as a kid after taking some test. My parents always praised me and my dad wanted me to go to an iveleague.
however my parents gave me a phone and electronics and social media are a big factor as to why I barely feel alive now and am barely keeping up in school. My attention span has gone to shit

sorry you've gone through that

FitsTime

FitsTime

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
Are you sure is that the main problem? What brought me to failure was an injury and since i was no more 'perfect' as i thought, i started to waste time without no reason. In my case technology only helped me.

U

Ulrich

Mar 6, 2024
Are you sure is that the main problem? What brought me to failure was an injury and since i was no more 'perfect' as i thought, i started to waste time without no reason. In my case technology only helped me.
I just realized how entitled I must sound to those with physical brain injuries. I'm sorry.

For me, I feel like I'm in a daydream, and that the cause likely has to do with my arrested development. It's my own want of a cause which has lead to this conclusion, but I think it is a probable cause. When we are growing up, our fates are essentially consigned to those with power over us, whether that be parents, caretakers, relatives, etc. The point is that the child is, in essence, a sponge. He cannot will what he wants, though he does what he will.
I'm not sure how it is for most people, but technology tends to make everything a lot worse. If I stare at a screen for too long, my brain begins to feel numb. I end up staring at a screen for hours, as if I were dreaming. Some people think that the internet is a good resource. That may be true, but if that is the case then it is a double-edged sword.

Reactions: FitsTime
FitsTime

FitsTime

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
I just realized how entitled I must sound to those with physical brain injuries. I'm sorry.

For me, I feel like I'm in a daydream, and that the cause likely has to do with my arrested development. It's my own want of a cause which has lead to this conclusion, but I think it is a probable cause. When we are growing up, our fates are essentially consigned to those with power over us, whether that be parents, caretakers, relatives, etc. The point is that the child is, in essence, a sponge. He cannot will what he wants, though he does what he will.
I'm not sure how it is for most people, but technology tends to make everything a lot worse. If I stare at a screen for too long, my brain begins to feel numb. I end up staring at a screen for hours, as if I were dreaming. Some people think that the internet is a good resource. That may be true, but if that is the case then it is a double-edged sword.
We are not so different imo.
The point is that mine was not TBI, but another body injury that along with other minor problems made me really anxious and all i wanted to do was to rest and escape the world. It was really too much for me and people were not so gentle to me, since I'm a boy. After many years i also recovered and I made even better things in life than most of them, but the damage of those dark times is always there in my head, is not easy to remove it, or maybe this pain just made me prefer solitude and with the brain set always on survival.
Don't be so cruel with yourself, life is difficult, plus there are not only social activitied, it really depends on what you want to be in life.

U

Ulrich

Mar 6, 2024
We are not so different imo.
The point is that mine was not TBI, but another body injury that along with other minor problems made me really anxious and all i wanted to do was to rest and escape the world. It was really too much for me and people were not so gentle to me, since I'm a boy. After many years i also recovered and I made even better things in life than most of them, but the damage of those dark times is always there in my head, is not easy to remove it, or maybe this pain just made me prefer solitude and with the brain set always on survival.
Don't be so cruel with yourself, life is difficult, plus there are not only social activitied, it really depends on what you want to be in life.
The only thing that I want in life is the ability to think clearly; to comprehend the world. The world is, however, incomprehensible to me. I wanted to fight to remain afloat. I never wanted to accept my own inadequacy. But my friends from highschool are doing STEM degrees and scholarships now, while I waste away in my room working full-time. I never wanted to accept it, but I have no other choice. People simply tell me to cope with my how I am. I wish I could be happy being an idiot. Hell, it'd be nice to cling to the delusion that I somehow possess latent intellectual gifts. But life is a game of probability, and I lost.

FitsTime

FitsTime

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
The only thing that I want in life is the ability to think clearly; to comprehend the world. The world is, however, incomprehensible to me. I wanted to fight to remain afloat. I never wanted to accept my own inadequacy. But my friends from highschool are doing STEM degrees and scholarships now, while I waste away in my room working full-time. I never wanted to accept it, but I have no other choice. People simply tell me to cope with my how I am. I wish I could be happy being an idiot. Hell, it'd be nice to cling to the delusion that I somehow possess latent intellectual gifts. But life is a game of probability, and I lost.
You can go for a STEM degree or something similar later, like i did. Have you considered luck or environment as factors? Not everybody is born lucky or knowing already what to do. Maybe you took your time, because you didn't know exactly what you wanted to do in adulthood.
Imagine that when i was young i was good in maths, i lived in a big house with a big garden and me and my father are technicians. Then, somehow, everybody in my stupid town sold his soul to social things, i resisted till this stupid injury caught me.

Last edited:
Reactions: seekingrelease22
sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
STEM degrees aren't the end all be all. They're not the only hallmark of success. I have one and yet I'm still a hiki who wastes away in my room all day (because I failed to launch into the real world but never even wanted to anyways).

Last edited:
U

Ulrich

Mar 6, 2024
STEM degrees aren't the end all be all. They're not the only hallmark of success. I have one and yet I'm still a hiki who wastes away in my room all day (because I failed to launch into the real world but never even wanted to anyways).
The degree itself is immaterial, it is the fact that they are learning new things while I am withering away which causes me pain. I cannot learn anything.
You can go for a STEM degree or something similar later, like i did. Have you considered luck or environment as factors? Not everybody is born lucky or knowing already what to do. Maybe you took your time, because you didn't know exactly what you wanted to do in adulthood.
Imagine that when i was young i was good in maths, i lived in a big house with a big garden and me and my father are technicians. Then, somehow, everybody in my stupid town sold his soul to social things, i resisted till this stupid injury caught me.
I know what I want, but I cannot achieve what I want. It is primarily my inability to take in information, to think logically, to make basic inferences, etc., which contributes to my degeneration. The intellect functions to describe the world. If I lack this, then I am clearly consigned to failure in this respect.
While others are able to study for hours on end, take pride in the fruits of their labor, etc., I sit staring at a screen all day. I don't have dreams. I just want to be able to think clearly.

I have no energy to study anymore. I work all day, come home and sink into my chair and browse the internet. Any form of noise is headache inducing. It becomes intolerable. I can't hear myself think anymore.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: FitsTime
B

bipbapbop

Experienced
Mar 7, 2024
I had a very similar experience from k-12 but also interspersed with time in and out of hospital for mental health issues + being drugged up on antidepressants throughout my adolescence without my consent. I didn't finish school and then just floated around until my late 20s when I took some random courses at my local cc for fun. Now I'm in a PhD program! This is all to say that browsing the Internet doesn't necessarily make you dumb and you sound like a well spoken person to me. And for what it's worth, I don't study for hours or take pride in my work. I can only work when I want to and in small spurts.

touhoufan

touhoufan

hello! feel free to pm
Feb 14, 2023
For someone who claims to be intellectually behind you're quite verbose and well spoken. Excuse my skepticism but I truly do not think it's over for you or anything.

Get tested for ADHD or get a screening from a private clinic if you have the means, obtain some Adderall, Vyvanse, etc. and it'll help you get some energy back. There's hundreds of people who've suffered the same fate who still manage to pull through when aided with medication!

LuvMeMusic

LuvMeMusic

Student
Jan 24, 2024
I think I can relate to your experience. When learning something it's like the information goes in on the one side and comes out on the other. I can sit in front of a textbook page, and read it again and again, but the information won't "get through" if that makes sense. The very few times that it does "get through", I forget whatever it was after mere minutes. I see the people around me being good at what they're doing and learning new things every day, while I sit in my room, knowing I couldn't ever have that, regardless of how hard I'd try.
I suppose the difference is that in your case you have something to "blame", while I really am just an idiot (which is probably obvious from what I write haha).

U

Ulrich

Mar 6, 2024
For someone who claims to be intellectually behind you're quite verbose and well spoken. Excuse my skepticism but I truly do not think it's over for you or anything.

Get tested for ADHD or get a screening from a private clinic if you have the means, obtain some Adderall, Vyvanse, etc. and it'll help you get some energy back. There's hundreds of people who've suffered the same fate who still manage to pull through when aided with medication!
I was really tired when I wrote that post, and oftentimes I become needlessly wordy when I'm tired. It's funny since I think that wordy people put on intellectual airs, while I myself am exactly the same. Talk about hypocrisy.
I measure my own intelligence on my analytical ability, which I view as being terrible. Long-term/short-term memory, inference, deduction, pattern recognition, etc. Stimulants might help, I don't know. Maybe I just don't want to accept that I am below average, or at most average. I live in a world of pragmatists. Pragmatists always outshine lofty fools. I'm truly a fucking moron.
I am intellectually behind. That is a fact. Nothing will change that. Fundamentally, I need to change something about my working life in order to be able to keep up. I've always been scared of drugs because of their pharmacological properties. I haven't done enough research, of course, but I don't want my cognitive abilities to decline more than they already have. But I will consider stimulants. I have bottomed out, and if I'm willing to die than I must exhaust all possible solutions, regardless of the final outcome.
I think I can relate to your experience. When learning something it's like the information goes in on the one side and comes out on the other. I can sit in front of a textbook page, and read it again and again, but the information won't "get through" if that makes sense. The very few times that it does "get through", I forget whatever it was after mere minutes. I see the people around me being good at what they're doing and learning new things every day, while I sit in my room, knowing I couldn't ever have that, regardless of how hard I'd try.
I suppose the difference is that in your case you have something to "blame", while I really am just an idiot (which is probably obvious from what I write haha).
I guess blaming others makes it easier for myself. If the conditions were the same despite my parents best efforts, I would probably blame nature over nurture. That's my defeatism speaking. I feel exactly the same. Sorry you're going through that.

O

Olisop21.

Student
Mar 15, 2024
The degree itself is immaterial, it is the fact that they are learning new things while I am withering away which causes me pain. I cannot learn anything.

I know what I want, but I cannot achieve what I want. It is primarily my inability to take in information, to think logically, to make basic inferences, etc., which contributes to my degeneration. The intellect functions to describe the world. If I lack this, then I am clearly consigned to failure in this respect.
While others are able to study for hours on end, take pride in the fruits of their labor, etc., I sit staring at a screen all day. I don't have dreams. I just want to be able to think clearly.

I have no energy to study anymore. I work all day, come home and sink into my chair and browse the internet. Any form of noise is headache inducing. It becomes intolerable. I can't hear myself think anymore.
I too know I can't learn anything.