• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Are you overweight?

• Total voters
WhenTheyCry

WhenTheyCry

if only this was just a simulation
Jun 25, 2022
I am, I'm 195 pounds, but it might be considered average in America.

Last edited:
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
i'm not exactly overweght but i'm tall athletic build, and being depressed has made me more housebound and gained a little. im 5'10" 160lb

Reactions: Jane Doe 13
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
Yes, and I eat on average less than 1000 calories per day (I calorie count) which by itself should be causing a lot of weight loss, but I lose weight very slowly or it bounces around a lot. Somedays I don't eat at all. I wish people weren't so ignorant about it, inc. family who are all overweight as well btw, if people weren't maybe I could get the help I need to lose weight or get whatever diagnosed. It's a probably a combination of medical issues like thyroid and some stuff I'm already diagnosed with. At least I don't feel hungry and/or I'll find someone who understands, or a g.p./nurse who cares.

I got out the scales and weighed myself just now after a month of pure stress and low calorie diet and I'm still 5-6kg above my lowest recent point. *vent* This fucking sucks so much.

Last edited:
looseye

looseye

A boring person.
Oct 27, 2021
Yes, and I eat on average less than 1000 calories per day (I calorie count) which by itself should be causing a lot of weight loss, but I lose weight very slowly or it bounces around a lot. Somedays I don't eat at all. I wish people weren't so ignorant about it, inc. family who are all overweight as well btw, if people weren't maybe I could get the help I need to lose weight or get whatever diagnosed. It's a probably a combination of medical issues like thyroid and some stuff I'm already diagnosed with. At least I don't feel hungry and/or I'll find someone who understands, or a g.p./nurse who cares.

I got out the scales and weighed myself just now after a month of pure stress and low calorie diet and I'm still 5-6kg above my lowest recent point. *vent* This fucking sucks so much.
I'm glad somebody mentioned that and I totally feel you. The extent to which you're able to lose weight is influenced by genetics way more than most people think. Sometimes it's also an organ (I believe it was the liver?) not working properly which does weird stuff to your metabolism. Sometimes both.

Being thin just isn't for everybody. Some people can eat a whole farm, not work out, and have a perfect body. Others can roll with a balanced diet and fast every weekend, only to end up looking chubby... Or straight up fat when they don't wanna fine-tune their meals and spend a fortune on fancy ingredients.

It's sad that the general public is not aware of this. Fat = lazy is the general consensus, which is just too naive to think. It's not black and white.

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I'm glad somebody mentioned that and I totally feel you. The extent to which you're able to lose weight is influenced by genetics way more than most people think. Sometimes it's also an organ (I believe it was the liver?) not working properly which does weird stuff to your metabolism. Sometimes both.

Being thin just isn't for everybody. Some people can eat a whole farm, not work out, and have a perfect body. Others can roll with a balanced diet and fast every weekend, only to end up looking chubby... Or straight up fat when they don't wanna fine-tune their meals and spend a fortune on fancy ingredients.

It's sad that the general public is not aware of this. Fat = lazy is the general consensus, which is just too naive to think. It's not black and white.
Indeed...if I only look at food it will directly go to my hips. While my best friends seriously can eat bags of candy a day and looks fantastic...the bitchšŸ˜„

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
No, in fact I'm the exact opposite and I don't need to weigh myself to know that. I don't care about how much I weigh, it's insignificant. But in my case I personally don't like eating very much, it's a tedious chore and I can never really eat much. The thought of large amounts of food is repulsive to me but certainly in general it's disgusting being trapped in this human body and I hate it everyday.

C

CowsAreCool

Student
Sep 21, 2021

Have you tried keto? It's extreme but I tried it a while ago, and it's impossible to not lose weight on that diet. You just have to be careful about vitamins and hydration. But once you get used to it, it's not bad and you lose weight pretty quick

Reactions: jodes2
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
My diet is already fairly keto, I cut carbs (e.g. no potatoes) and eat mainly chicken as my g.p. suggested (chicken daily, assuming I eat on that day). I looked at a sample keto diet and I don't think I can eat as much as that suggests, its 3 big meals and I eat 1 small meal a day. I guess I could cut out rice and possibly some vegetables to go pure keto but its a strange concept.

The only other thing I could try is a 0 calorie diet, but since I don't get any medical help with the issue I'm not exactly thrilled about that since it means doing more research on what exactly supplements I need for that. I already feel like my diet is borderline unhealthy for not eating enough, but I'm also dying (literally, it gave me diabetes and all kinds of other shit) from being overweight so. Not to mention that people are unnecessarily rude to overweight people.

Last edited:
western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
Nope, am at the lower end of the normal range currently and trying to gain. I was so close to being underweight over the summer, stress/CPTSD was slowing my digestion during the first half of 2022 and after leaving my family and losing my job I've got some of the weight back since. But I'm no longer gaining.

I don't look good at this weight. If I could pull off the heroin chic look I would.

WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Hey, thanks for saying this. I found their comment/reply to ddtd incredibly insensitve.
Yeah, they only singled me out because I called them out for being antagonistic on their thread where they complained about all the surgeries they'd need on their face. After that, they specifically responded to me on two other threads people posted and dm'd me demanding I show them my face lol

Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
Yes. I've let myself go because I stopped caring. Not too much though it is fixable. I am working to get back in shape. For as short as I am still here, I want to like what I see in the mirror. I guess I learnt to deal with my sheet better.

• Love
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ā¤ļø
Aug 28, 2022
I hate eating. I'm underweight. My gf always has a go at me about it. I'm 65kg, 5'8

• Hugs
Reactions: western_heart
circuspeanut

circuspeanut

biggest clown
Jan 24, 2023
always been chubby, but got way too fat over the past 2 years, mostly due to over consumption of alcohol though hah its probs what caused my diabetes as well

thereisthemist

thereisthemist

drops common loot when defeated
Nov 5, 2021
"this thread is telling me something but all I can say is yes"

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
According to the BMI, I'm definitely in the overweight category for sure. I may be tall, almost 6ft in height, but my weight and body is definitely on the overweight side of things.

I

Ifonlyitwassosimple

Sep 2, 2022
Yes, I am overweight and currently trying to lose weight.

Al_stargate

Al_stargate

I was once a pretty angel
Mar 4, 2022
I've gained over 30 kilos or 60 pounds in the last year. Before I was extremely fit and athletic guy. Weight gain makes me wanna kill myself more. I gained weight out of cope because my situation. Eating all day is all I do. My only coping mechanism. If my situation was like before, I could easily lose it but this way I can't. I really need to die, there is no other way.

sick.faery

sick.faery

ā™”
Mar 18, 2021
since two weeks ago yes :'( going through a binge phase again..

ilovecats

ilovecats

Empty Husk
Feb 1, 2023
Used to be. Worked hard at the gym for 6 months and it paid off. It helped with my mental health too. I recommend everyone to give it a try.

Reactions: Source Energy
A

Abyssopelagic

Feb 2, 2023
I've been gaining weight over the last year or two and am just over the edge of overweight by BMI standards, but I'd prefer that to the skeleton I was in the worst eras of my anorexia, even if many of those calories are coming from alcohol ^^" RIP my blood pressure though... I'm at the gym a lot now so a lot of that weight is muscle weight and it's helped manage my blood pressure, but even if I wasn't doing all that I'd consider the weight gain a sign of recovery over anything else. Seconding the recommendation for working out to those that are able to, it's so relaxing to walk or do weights or especially to do rock climbing if that's available in your area!

Professor K

Professor K

your eyes vacant and stained
Feb 9, 2023
severely underweight, yoyoing between a bmi of down to 12 and up to 16 but never over 16. currently at around 15.5 and in the process of losing the weight back. undereating-overexercising type of anorexia...

Reactions: Skathon