Are you leaving a note?

• Total voters
charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
everyone already knows I'm suicidal and I have one serious unsuccessful attempt behind me so I don't think there would be a need for explanation. besides, I feel like it would turn into a novel if I tried, anyway

Reactions: Baskol1, Circles, marcusuk63 and 1 other person
S

Sancti

May 30, 2019
I wrote like a rough draft, but then my hand hurt. Lol. So I've been actually thinking about leaving a cassette recording of what I want to say to everyone. I guess it'd also be a nice thing for them to have because they'd be able to listen to my voice. Or maybe it'll make it worse for them? I'm not quite sure, but leaving a recording is definitely on the table for me.

I think that notes/videos are a great way to make someone that's been left behind. At least they'd be able to watch/see/hear you and that's beautiful to me. I think that stuff like that helps people grieve.

Reactions: Circles
TheBlackSwordsman

TheBlackSwordsman

Student
Apr 24, 2019
You can write a note but honestly im not sure how much it will help. The mind is powerful, think about how many of us here, we probably have people telling us things arent as hopeless as they seem, and we arent as useless as we think, and they are probably right. That is not to say there is no truth to our suffering, but at least for myself its hard envisioning anything positive and worthwhile about myself even when it is staring myself in the face. I find a way to trivialize or ignore it. It is probably the same with loved ones who are left behind. You could probably make a note or video excusing them from blame, insisting its not their fault and there is nothing they could have done, but their minds will likely ignore that and they will stubbornly believe its their fault and they will be full of guilt. I know the scenario i mention here doesnt apply to all of us, so I humbly mean no offense to anyone here.

Reactions: Baskol1
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
I may write a note to my daughter. I'd recall her all the great times we had together and warn her about liars.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: ScorpiusDragon, blanketyblk and Baskol1
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Fuck no. I think everybody who would even know I'm dead already knows what the problems are, and none of them is a mental illness. Those who made any genuine attempt to help have already heard my thanks when they did, those who neglected me won't feel regret and if they do, they bloody well should anyway.

But the one person who fucked up my entire life, ahh, they should not hear a single word. They refused to waste words when there was plenty of time and opportunity. If I knew they would feel anything else than joy at finding I'm dead, I would pop champagne in pre-celebration.

• Hugs
Reactions: blanketyblk and Baskol1
E

EmptySteph62

Student
Aug 4, 2019
I'm going to leave one thanking the people who tried their best to help me and write to my mom that she is stronger than she thinks and stuff like that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kikoo Loool and blanketyblk