• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I'd feel obligated to make a brief 'goodbye' post just because there are so many people on there who would otherwise have no idea what happened and might even try to make contact in the future. As far as removing old content, I did that years ago and rarely post anything.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I'd feel obligated to make a brief 'goodbye' post just because there are so many people on there who would otherwise have no idea what happened and might even try to make contact in the future. As far as removing old content, I did that years ago and rarely post anything.
I think I'll make a goodbye post on here as well. For social media, I meant more like Instagram and Facebook.

Last edited:
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I think I'll make a goodbye post on here as well. For social media, I meant more like Instagram and Facebook.
Yes, I meant that too. I'd be able to make a far more heartfelt goodbye post here but I'd have to say a polite little letter of resignation on Facebook too.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Yes, I meant that too. I'd be able to make a far more heartfelt goodbye post here but I'd have to say a polite little letter of resignation on Facebook too.
Hmm interesting. Personally, I'm only going to make a goodbye post here. I know this sounds strange but I don't want anyone I know in real life (apart from my family) to know that I died, I'd rather have them think that I disappeared or something.

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Most of mine is deleted already.
Most of mine is deleted too but there's still some birthday posts on my Facebook timeline. Ugh, to be honest, I never even liked my birthday because it was just another reminder that another year had gone by and that I'm getting older against my will. I hate being reminded of the inevitable passage of time. If I had my way, time would freeze or even move backwards instead, but alas, that just can't happen in this world. Also, I don't know why, but I like the symbolism of wiping everything.

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm not very active on social media at all, there is online content which I produced over the span of my life time but this is also content I would like to be remembered for. From this point of view I won't purge my social media stuff, just have passwords that nobody knows and email addresses that nobody knows for the accounts. It'll be pretty hard (almost impossible) to access for 3rd party it after I'm dead.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
No but I do have some "illicit files" to delete in the event that I CTB. It's going to be sad emptying what took me years to accrue but I don't think anyone wants to stumble upon what I've got and it's not in my social media.

Reactions: zeevo and sserafim
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
No. Reason why is memories. Everyday I look at last years etc memories, see the dogs my brother etc, me at better times. It will be left open like we did with my brothers. People still write on there.
No Mention of suicide. Just a post from whoever to say she had passed away. Partner or sister will but it's direct cremation only.No flowers but donations to St Mary's hospice in Birmingham that looked after my brother.

• Love
Reactions: ShadowsBeforeDawn
zeevo

zeevo

weakling
Nov 27, 2023
I deleted mine to separate myself from friends I had moved away from. Didn't see the purpose of being connected to people I'm never gonna see again as well as a bunch of acquaintances that I never cared about.

Reactions: rotciv
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Would be nice to call a few so called friends cunts on there before I go. But I won't.

Reactions: rotciv
Ksmиda

Ksmиda

Will I die too soon or live too long?
Oct 23, 2023
Nah, it's not like I know more than 3 people, so nobody would care.
Also I never posted anything

Reactions: sserafim
nodaysleft

nodaysleft

Hanging on by a thread
Jan 27, 2024
Personally I wouldn't purge anything. Also not making a goodbye post or anything. I wrote letters to the people that matter most and others will find out later through them. Also wouldn't want to risk it with making a goodbye post; what if they call the cops or come over theirselves. Don't want them thinking that 'if they reacted or called or whatever sooner that they could've 'helped' me' and have to live with that guilt for the rest of their lives.

ctbcat

ctbcat

Yes, the everlasting contrast.
Jul 14, 2023
leaving it all up. it's better they have something than nothing - it's sort of like looking back at the profile of an ex, in a way, except it's constantly stuck at the date you broke up, or something. i don't know... i'm already hurting them once i'm gone. i might as well still have something behind that can comfort them, even if it is just vapid selfies
i like your username & pfp, by the way :] most unexpected place to find a kpop fan but definitely not a bad thing

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Why would I purge my social media? I'm dead, I don't care who looks at my facebook.
I guess so…for me it's more of a symbolic thing, like wiping the slate clean I guess. I don't know why but I've always enjoyed the idea of removing all traces of my existence from this world.
Personally I wouldn't purge anything. Also not making a goodbye post or anything. I wrote letters to the people that matter most and others will find out later through them. Also wouldn't want to risk it with making a goodbye post; what if they call the cops or come over theirselves. Don't want them thinking that 'if they reacted or called or whatever sooner that they could've 'helped' me' and have to live with that guilt for the rest of their lives.
I feel the same way. I wouldn't make a goodbye post anywhere except maybe here because first of all: I don't see any need to let other people know and second of all: what if the attempt is unsuccessful? Then everyone will know about my struggles. I think that I'd feel "weak" and exposed if people irl knew, I don't want anyone to know the extent of my misery and suffering. It would just make me feel vulnerable. I also don't want any help either, the last thing I'd want is to get the cops involved and have EMS save me.

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I deleted all of my social media several years ago
Why did you delete all of it? Personally, I like the symbolism of keeping it but leaving it empty.

J

jujuklam

Jan 31, 2024
This is pretty close to my thinking too.

I'll let my best friend have access to the social media I still have and allow him to use it as he sees fit, particularly if people try to get in contact whom I'm not always in contact with.

thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
I think I'm going to private and remove people I don't want from my facebook (but keep it up for photos for other certain people. I have some pictures that no one else has, and I want someone to have). I don't use it and haven't for years, but I keep it to check on who is alive, who is having babies, that kinda thing.

I think I'm gonna purge my other few online accounts of anything... too rancid lol, and leave everything else alone.

I know I'm gonna have to yoink a few games out of my steam library bc I plan to pass that login down to my lil sibling. I feel kinda fucked about it though, bc that would mean that they get two dead people's accounts; my dad's and mine (long story)

I don't have much to show for my existence on the internet. my Twitter and Reddit accounts r the only thing I know I want to get rid of, and that's not even for any particular reason, there's just nothing there to look at.

TapeMachine

TapeMachine

perpetually confused
Jan 12, 2023
Why did you delete all of it? Personally, I like the symbolism of keeping it but leaving it empty.
Because social media began feeling more and more superficial to me, and I finally decided that I no longer wanted to participate in it. So I deleted everything. (I wasn't suicidal at that time, if that detail is at all relevant?)

I see where you're coming from with the symbolism. Makes sense to me. :) I think you should do whatever feels best to you. ❤️

Reactions: zeevo and sserafim