K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Are you aged 19 or under? If you are, how old are you and what is the reason that you are on this forum? I am sorry if you are experiencing a lot of pain in your life - what could have been done to get you to a happier place than be on this forum?

• Love
Reactions: Aim, jar-baby, Adûnâi and 1 other person
starrchaoz

starrchaoz

Another six months, I'll be unknown.
Nov 24, 2023
I'm 18. I've had suicidal thoughts since the age of 12. I'm on here because of the people, really, this forum makes me feel less alone honestly, everyone here is so wonderful and understanding. I don't think anything could've been done honestly. I feel like suicide is just something that's destined for me. I never could imagine living long even before I had suicidal thoughts. I'm hoping to ctb in March.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Aim, Praestat_Mori, Adûnâi and 1 other person
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'm 18 and I'm on this forum because... well I don't fully understand why as I'm fucked in a myriad of ways but the main reason is that I don't want to suffer through life and the only way to not suffer is by being dead. Unfortunately, suffering is always guaranteed to happen to all living beings throughout their entire lives. Of course for most this suffering isn't too great enough to consider suicide. In fact, I'd even say that amongst suicidal people, a lot of them aren't here due to the same suffering that all privileged humans have to go through but rather that they're here due to suffering an extreme amount whether that be from child abuse or from harsh financial instability or from other things.

However, when it comes to me, even the most basic and non extreme suffering is enough to want me wishing I was never alive. I'm here because I'm too weak willed to struggle through life nor do I really want to struggle through life

• Hugs
Reactions: Sylveon, pthnrdnojvsc, Kit1 and 1 other person
Cherry Crumpet

Cherry Crumpet

Hiraeth
May 7, 2018
I'm in my late 30's.

Reactions: Kit1
butterfly3

butterfly3

Student
Apr 2, 2022
i'm 19 but joined when I was 18

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
19. My reasons for being here/being suicidal include an overbearing domestic situation, cognitive and emotional problems that I presume to be the symptoms of an undiagnosed neurological condition, and general philosophical pessimism (which I guess my circumstances predispose me towards).

Financial independence would certainly improve my situation, and I am more than halfway through a degree that promises good job opportunities— but ultimately I feel like I'd have to undergo some sort of psychoneurological shift to be happy considering that at this point, I can't find it in me to want to recover (or rather, I don't want it enough to put in the requisite effort. Hell— I can't seem to want to put in any effort at all).

I think this is a good question to ask here and I understand why younger/teenage suicides are sometimes perceived as particularly tragic. That said, I don't think that a young adult's will to die should be negated on the grounds of, for instance, perceived encephalic underdevelopment. After all, there is no particular age at which the human brain matures (the idea that this happens around 25 is a myth) or at which one's cognitive abilities collectively peak.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Pluto, pthnrdnojvsc, Kit1 and 1 other person
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Stop trying to bait out the younger members. The media will jump on it.

Let people be, CTB is a personal choice, irrespective of age.

• Hugs
Reactions: haibane, hi-okbye, Skathon and 1 other person
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Hey, this is not to bail anyone out. Just genuinely trying to find out what the reasons are for younger members being here and if things would have turned out differently if they were treated differently.

• Hugs
Reactions: jar-baby