• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Status
Not open for further replies.
sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
Is SS gonna be okay?

I don't want to stir anything further than I've seemed to at this point, but I truly enjoy this forum and I don't think outsiders understand the appreciation the users share for this site.

I don't want to see SS go away and I hadn't experienced a scare before the most recent one.

How can we prevent this?

Reactions: ShornSoloists, Hennessy, appalachian moon and 29 others
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Does anyone know why the site went down? Was it something more worrying than normal maintenance?
I haven't been here that long so I don't know how often it goes down and how much is normal.

I don't want to see it go away either. I was so surprised it existed in the first place, it seems necessary in the world we live in with close to zero outlets for this kind of discussion

Reactions: Broken Chimera, noonetoo, Egddios and 10 others
sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
Does anyone know why the site went down? Was it something more worrying than normal maintenance?
I haven't been here that long so I don't know how often it goes down and how much is normal.

I don't want to see it go away either. I was so surprised it existed in the first place, it seems necessary in the world we live in with close to zero outlets for this kind of discussion
I don't want to bring anything up that I shouldn't, so if this isn't allowed, I'll gladly accept deleting it.. but a girl successfully took her life recently, within the last couple days, and she was a member of our site. She passed out with the browser open and her mother found this page.
It may have been maintenance, it may have been to protect our little community. I don't know and I won't make serious assumptions, but the mother publicly called us out on Facebook. After that, SS went down for some hours.

• Hmph!
  • Wow
Reactions: appalachian moon, Cevapcici, Powderedmonster and 11 others
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I don't want to bring anything up that I shouldn't, so if this isn't allowed, I'll gladly accept deleting it.. but a girl successfully took her life recently, within the last couple days, and she was a member of our site. She passed out with the browser open and her mother found this page.
It may have been maintenance, it may have been to protect our little community. I don't know and I won't make serious assumptions, but the mother publicly called us out on Facebook. After that, SS went down for some hours.
Thank you so much for more clarity on the possibilities of the situation.
Was this something that someone made a topic on and was discussed?
I'm not sure if I missed something.
Or did you find out about the whole situation another way?
Even if it's not the reason for the site going down, I'm curious about the attention brought to it by the mother.
It seems like something that actually wouldn't be that uncommon. I wonder if it's happened before.

Reactions: lemmeeleev and Circles
Alchemist

Alchemist

Warlock
Apr 3, 2019
Thank you so much for more clarity on the possibilities of the situation.
Was this something that someone made a topic on and was discussed?
I'm not sure if I missed something.
Or did you find out about the whole situation another way?
Even if it's not the reason for the site going down, I'm curious about the attention brought to it by the mother.
It seems like something that actually wouldn't be that uncommon. I wonder if it's happened before.
Everything happened on thread below, just look for anything made by a banned user. I don't think the site going down was related, but both the mother and a family member blamed the site for what happened and said we were wrong for supporting her while they just wanted her around suffering just to spare them some pain.

Reactions: waived, Cevapcici, Powderedmonster and 15 others
pane

pane

Hollow
Apr 29, 2019
LastFlowers, the woman who killed herself had started a thread where she had taken either Nembutal or Sodium Nitrite - can't recall which it was - and was posting messages in real time here on SS after ingesting the substance. She eventually went unconscious and died. Her mother found the thread she'd started and took screen shots of it which were posted on that same thread before the whole thing was deleted. I think one family member and one friend of the woman posted on the thread after the woman died expressing their disapproval of SS. I can't recall if the mother posted on the thread or not.

Reactions: DeepMind, Egddios, Circles and 3 others
Alchemist

Alchemist

Warlock
Apr 3, 2019
LastFlowers, the woman who killed herself had started a thread where she had taken either Nembutal or Sodium Nitrite - can't recall which it was - and was posting messages in real time here on SS after ingesting the substance. She eventually went unconscious and died. Her mother found the thread she'd started and took screen shots of it which were posted on that same thread before the whole thing was deleted. I think one family member and one friend of the woman posted on the thread after the woman died expressing their disapproval of SS. I can't recall if the mother posted on the thread or not.
The family member who came here was not the mother, she just posted on facebook captures of the thread, which is not deleted nor closed.

Reactions: throwaway123 and LastFlowers
pane

pane

Hollow
Apr 29, 2019
Alchemist you won't find the thread started by the now-deceased woman. Her username was "Kakabushi" and just now I brought up her name in the "members" section and clicked the "messages" link to find all the content she's posted. It's all gone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles and LastFlowers
sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
@LastFlowers more info, as well.

Reactions: LastFlowers
Alchemist

Alchemist

Warlock
Apr 3, 2019
Alchemist you won't find the thread started by the now-deceased woman. I know her username and everything she posted has been deleted.
Wanna bet?

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/about-to-take-sn.16482/

I just had to scroll down a bit to find it, it's not even on the second page. And I don't take very kindly to be called a liar.

Reactions: Vidar33, Deadgirl and LastFlowers
pane

pane

Hollow
Apr 29, 2019
I stand corrected; the thread is still on the forum. I was wrong.

On the other hand, I didn't call you a liar, princess, so don't get all huffy with me.

The way I concluded that the thread had been deleted was to:

1) Click on "members" link at top of page

2)Go to "find members" search box

3) I entered her name "kakabushi"

4) her name comes up in the search box

5) I clicked on it and it goes to a profile page

6) Click "messages"; there are 11 of them

7) "No results found"

It was on that basis I declared that her thread had been deleted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cevapcici, DeepMind, Vidar33 and 3 others
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Thank you to everyone giving more enlightening info on the situation, and to OP for starting the topic.
Looks like the thread is still there, I read through it.
The screenshots of which the mother apparently posted on Facebook seem to have been deleted though, due to privacy concerns and respect for the user who is gone now.
I kind of wanted to see the reactions of people and what she said on FB, if maybe all the names were blacked out. Even though I can pretty much guess.
There's more worry to be had in the unknown, and I really hope this site doesn't get targeted and publicized.

Reactions: Soul, AutumnEmbers and sunny.sativa
P

psychopomp

Jun 19, 2018
@LastFlowers @Alchemist do either of you have the Facebook thread? Or anyone else? If so, could you pm it to me?

sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
@LastFlowers @Alchemist do either of you have the Facebook thread? Or anyone else? If so, could you pm it to me?
I don't have Facebook, but I'm sooo curious about what's being said of SS.

Reactions: Egddios, Circles, Maximoo and 1 other person
P

psychopomp

Jun 19, 2018
@GeorgeJL when you say previous, do you mean the reddit forum? It could cool if a kept a link or know a better way to search for it.

Reactions: sunny.sativa and LastFlowers
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
a girl successfully took her life recently, within the last couple days, and she was a member of our site. She passed out with the browser open and her mother found this page. ...but the mother publicly called us out on Facebook. After that, SS went down for some hours.
Another thing to add to the pre-ctb checklist: logout of sanctionedsuicide.com and clear the cache on any device you used to view the site.

Reactions: foreverbroken28, BaconCheeseburger, Cevapcici and 12 others
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
@GeorgeJL when you say previous, do you mean the reddit forum? It could cool if a kept a link or know a better way to search for it.
I'm pretty sure this is it.

The sordid history of the first sanctioned suicide forum

I think they are referring to alt.suicide.holiday.

Reactions: Egddios, psychopomp, Ἡγησίας and 2 others
s_girl

s_girl

Still here?
Sep 13, 2018
I haven't been on for a couple of days so didn't know any of this. That thread is now deleted and since yesterday there has been some serious security / privacy updates on here, particularly for guests, so I really don't think the timing is a coincidence at all. I like it and think it's all a good thing.

I would like to see the 'keep logged in' option removed, so you are automatically logged out after a certain time, which would prevent something like the above situation recurring.

Reactions: manwewaslonely, Partial-Elf, Iceangel and 16 others
M

Mstrflshr

hangman
Mar 12, 2019
Honestly i have been wondering about this to.
But anyways if someone would search for suicide in my browser history or mail they would stil find it.
This is the message i found on fb. https://i.ibb.co/f9J1hSR/Screenshot-20190526-090609.jpg

People are sharing the word to try and ban this site tru ic3.gov

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
  • Wow
Reactions: noonetoo, Circles, Maximoo and 3 others
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019

Can you show me the facebook post? I haven't been here for awhile.
Honestly i have been wondering about this to.
But anyways if someone would search for suicide in my browser history or mail they would stil find it.
This is the message i found on fb. https://ibb.co/42km6fy

The image isn't working.

Reactions: Circles
M

Mstrflshr

hangman
Mar 12, 2019
Can you show me the facebook post? I haven't been here for awhile.

The image isn't working.
Screenshot-20190526-090609.jpg

Reactions: Egddios, Circles and Meretlein
M

Mstrflshr

hangman
Mar 12, 2019
Who was the girl, do we have news articles on us right now?

If you have facebook, search for sanctionedsuicide. It's the first hit.
I for one am not willing to share their names and stuff, thats why i blacked it out.

phoenixx

phoenixx

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
I hope we are safe, I haven't been here that long but I don't want to lose this place.

Reactions: thedutchguy, Egddios, Circles and 5 others
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I see her goodbye thread is gone??

s_girl

s_girl

Still here?
Sep 13, 2018
Thanks for sharing @Mstrflshr

Whilst awful to see that shared there, and the horrible comments I can only imagine, I for one was happy to see @Dead beat dad included. So kind and supportive and a great example of our humanity here. I always appreciate your thoughtfulness.

• Love
Reactions: Circles, Ivenocare and Soul
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
If you have facebook, search for sanctionedsuicide. It's the first hit.
I for one am not willing to share their names and stuff, thats why i blacked it out.

She's had her heart ripped out. I wonder if she reading this now.

s_girl

s_girl

Still here?
Sep 13, 2018
Whilst there is no need for panic or hysteria, I think it's obvious that the noose is tightening (pun intended). Hopefully this serves as a wake up call to some members. We do need to be more careful, as more attention is gained daily. Obviously we are being watched. Every day there's increasing new members and guests, posts and threads disappearing, publically shared links disappearing, resources and suppliers disappearing, this site (and others) recently banned in Aus, accidentally remaining logged in after ctb, a new disclaimer added here and the list goes on...

It's not just here, it's also darknet markets recently closing, new international money transfer and bitcoins purchasing ID requirements, extreme religious and ideological beliefs online etc etc. it's not paranoia, if it's really happening! It's everywhere online but don't worry, it's all for your 'protection'... It's still no need for panic, just more precautions.

I'd just like to see some members be more careful, as I think some people forget / don't care that it's all public and socially abhorrent. Whilst we're pro-choice, the majority of the world is not and views suicide as a part of mental illness that can be cured and prevented. Whether we agree with this or not, it's the reality.

I believe it's really important for us all to take precautions and be careful. This is a special place that needs to be protected, not just for us all now but also for future people that need help too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hennessy, manwewaslonely, Partial-Elf and 23 others
sweet17sour29

sweet17sour29

turning teeth
Feb 22, 2019
this site (and others) recently banned in Aus and NZ

What? As a person viewing this from New Zealand, I'm curious where you got this information from.

Reactions: Ashpac and Halo13
Status
Not open for further replies.