• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

3/4Dead

3/4Dead

Peace, Love, Empathy
Feb 27, 2024
Yes, I know, life has the meaning you give it, and it's ridiculous to expect each and every person to hold incredible, irreplacable value, but with a headcount of 8 billion I feel like it's only reasonable to reconsider utilitarianism, no?

Really, more specifically, I'm having a bit of a crisis. I've always made decisions based on what is easiest for the people around me, but as I've gotten older, and less dependant upon other people, I'm feeling awful about the money my parents spend on my going to university if I'm doing nothing special, nothing spectacular. If I'm just going to go into a career where I won't be needed, where others who are much smarter, much more affluent than I am, who are better than I could ever be, why waste everyones time and money? Why waste space and resources?

If I am going to be this useless for the rest of my life why not die now? Why continue living when it is not only harder for everyone, but I serve no purpose?

Christ, I just feel so miserable. I didn't want to be alive before, and it was nothing but selfish, but now I feel selfish living.

It's late. ive got work in the morning. this is all over the place, so I've marked it as a vent, but I'd love to read others thoughts once im more well rested.

Peace, and love.
3/4

Reactions: GoatHerder
M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
Usually it's about finding what your purpose in life is, sometimes that can take a long time, sometimes not.

I'm still figuring mine out, but I'm pretty sure everyone has one.

I feel like mine is to take care of others, because I'm good at that. But right now I'm focusing on my own shit first. I have helped others a lot, so it's time to sort me out now, then I can help others in the future.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Everybody and everything is useless in the long run. That's just how it is. Even the people who you look up to are useless

Reactions: Hollowman, sserafim, BlackDoor and 1 other person
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
Yes, I know, life has the meaning you give it, and it's ridiculous to expect each and every person to hold incredible, irreplacable value, but with a headcount of 8 billion I feel like it's only reasonable to reconsider utilitarianism, no?

Really, more specifically, I'm having a bit of a crisis. I've always made decisions based on what is easiest for the people around me, but as I've gotten older, and less dependant upon other people, I'm feeling awful about the money my parents spend on my going to university if I'm doing nothing special, nothing spectacular. If I'm just going to go into a career where I won't be needed, where others who are much smarter, much more affluent than I am, who are better than I could ever be, why waste everyones time and money? Why waste space and resources?

If I am going to be this useless for the rest of my life why not die now? Why continue living when it is not only harder for everyone, but I serve no purpose?

Christ, I just feel so miserable. I didn't want to be alive before, and it was nothing but selfish, but now I feel selfish living.

It's late. ive got work in the morning. this is all over the place, so I've marked it as a vent, but I'd love to read others thoughts once im more well rested.

Peace, and love.
3/4
I'm in a similar boat, unfortunately. Does the world really need another accountant? Eh. Do I want to be an accountant? Not really, it was just the least miserable sounding option. And now I'm heading into 4 more years of school. I have decades of boredom and misery punctuated by fleeting moments of skin deep pleasure ahead of me. If I could I'd stop this train right now before they spend a bunch of money on a future I don't even want. :( My grades are supposed to do most of the heavy lifting for college fees but it's not a free ride even then

I hope death is actually an escape.

also no worries about tone or clarity or etc it's like 4:50 here and i'm feeling like an incoherent little bitch myself

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
"Most of us have to face the reality that our greatest aspirations and potential not only won't be realized, but that we will never approach them. When that awful moment of enlightenment arrives, the ethical response is to just keep charging ahead, trying to get better, work harder, be a good co-worker, colleague, neighbor, friend, parent, spouse, family member, whatever it takes. That moment is disappointing, sure, but it need not be devastating, nor should it be seen as a brand of failure. We succeed in life, and become ethical human beings, not by becoming the best, most powerful, most famous, but by doing the best we can do. What levels of success others achieve is not our standard, except to recognize a fellow Earth occupant's good work."