dragontale14

dragontale14

Sufferer
Jul 17, 2023
I have been trying in vain to kill myself since I was 11 y/o. It's never worked (obviously), and I've never stopped being suicidal.
The only time I stop for any prolonged period trying to end my life, has been when I've decided that it isn't worth it, that it's too hard, but ultimately it could never be "not worth it", because suicide is likely the most worthwhile thing anybody could ever do.

There are no expectations involved (outside of the expectation that one will die and stay dead). The worst case scenario in a suicide attempt is that one will not die and instead live and continue to suffer, perhaps in new ways that they were not suffering before. The best case scenario is to just die.

If I could snap my fingers and kill all of the posters on this site, I'd do it, because ultimately it would be more merciful than anything else this world could offer us. It's not fair to force somebody to live in pain, it's not fair to make it so difficult for somebody to kill themselves that it basically becomes impossible. People die every day who ultimately don't deserve it -- people who were good and had loving individuals on this Earth who cared for them and didn't want to see them go, and they didn't want to go either. I, on the other hand, have tried so many times to kill myself in every way you could think of short of straight up suicide-by-firearm that my continued existence just feels like a cruel and evil joke.

It's not fair. Why aren't we dead if that's what we want -- why are other good, loved and loving people dead who never asked for it gone. It doesn't make any sense. Why have I had near-death experiences, but not actually dead experiences. Are we all doomed to keep walking this planet forever and ever? Are we all just gonna die of old age? And then what. Is that going to be the sum of my life? I've never even died in a dream before, every day I wake up and it's like nothing I ever did mattered because I'm still here, still hurting.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Golden, Thisisme373, Forever Sleep and 5 others
OccydePoes

OccydePoes

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I'm really sorry you struggle so much...

But please, speak for yourself instead of we. There are people here who don't want to die.

Reactions: Lifeis_Jouissance70 and WAITING TO DIE
dragontale14

dragontale14

Sufferer
Jul 17, 2023
I'm really sorry you struggle so much...

But please, speak for yourself instead of we. There are people here who don't want to die.
Ok, so what are you doing here? This is a forum called "sanctioned suicide": the conceit is that you're probably suicidal if you post here, in this particular forum. This isn't posted on the "recovery" area of the forum.

OccydePoes

OccydePoes

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Ok, so what are you doing here? This is a forum called "sanctioned suicide": the conceit is that you're probably suicidal if you post here, in this particular forum. This isn't posted on the "recovery" area of the forum.
Excuse me? It's sort of my job to read everything on sasu.
What I'm doing here I've explained so many times before...but alright.
That I chose to life a long time ago doesn't mean I don't struggle. With 4 different diagnosis it's not exactly a cake walk

I have my reasons to sit out this ride, just like you have yours for wanting to leave.

That I chose life, doesn't mean I don't think about leaving.
But some people can't leave.

And a bit more friendly wouldn't hurt you. I didn't attack you.

Reactions: todeswunsch and tiger b
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Doesn't global mod mean you're moderating the planet? AHA (piles in)

Op, respect for your perspective, but it's not as simple as that in every case. My life is mine, mine to dispose of, and nobody else's.

• Yay!
Reactions: todeswunsch, Deleted member 65988 and OccydePoes
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's just so cruel and horrible how we cannot have the option to easily die in peace despite the fact that we are all just waiting to die anyway where we suffer so unnecessarily in the process.
It really disgusts me how humans make suicide so inaccessible even know I will always see it as preferable to not exist, wanting to die is all that feels rational to me to escape from all future harms in this futile existence there was never a need for.

One cannot suffer from death anyway so it could never be a terrible thing, to me it does feel like we are being punished all because other people so selfishly chose to procreate. I wish humans were compassionate enough to leave the non-existent alone in peace and not force them into this hellish reality where they cannot easily die.

Reactions: dragontale14
dragontale14

dragontale14

Sufferer
Jul 17, 2023
Doesn't global mod mean you're moderating the planet? AHA (piles in)

Op, respect for your perspective, but it's not as simple as that in every case. My life is mine, mine to dispose of, and nobody else's.
Ok? My god, my mistake for assuming that other people in this forum dedicated to suicide wanted, too, to die.

D

Deleted member 65988

Ok? My god, my mistake for assuming that other people in this forum dedicated to suicide wanted, too, to die.
It's a pro-choice forum, nothing about it advocates for the suicide of all who come across it. All of the methods we have here, like sn, are mostly discussed by those who've looked at the option of using them, it's not a compulsory at all. There's also a recovery page.

Reactions: OccydePoes
dragontale14

dragontale14

Sufferer
Jul 17, 2023
It's a pro-choice forum, nothing about it advocates for the suicide of all who come across it. All of the methods we have here, like sn, are mostly discussed by those who've looked at the option of using them, it's not a compulsory at all. There's also a recovery page.
Right, and this was not posted there. In my experience, a good majority of the people who post here are interested in the successful completion of suicide for themselves.

tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
Yes, themselves. On their terms.

Not yours.

You're the one talking of snapping your fingers.

'If I could snap my fingers and kill all of the posters on this site, I'd do it'

Just speak for you - like you did for most of your post. Who elected you spokesperson? You're sounding very disrespectful of others. I don't see where I disrespected you by saying my life was mine to dispose of when I wanted to. Do you want to hear of my medical status or timetable? No, thought not.

Last edited:
Reactions: todeswunsch, OccydePoes and Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

Yes, themselves. On their terms.

Not yours.

You're the one talking of snapping your fingers.

'If I could snap my fingers and kill all of the posters on this site, I'd do it'

Just speak for you - like you did for most of your post. Who elected you spokesperson?
Exactly. All the information shared here is at our discretion to use on our terms if we so wish, no encouraging whatsoever. To add to this, whenever someone posts a goodbye thread, we may wish them well not because we want them to ctb but because we want them to be at peace and if they change their mind, that's no problem at all because they'll always have a place here and may live to try again if they so wish. Case in point is @Cloud Busting, that never fails to be a good example of how supportive this forum is despite all the bad image it's gotten in media that is bias.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: todeswunsch, OccydePoes and tiger b