• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
This place lives under a constant pressure to be ceased, and everything can be destroyed in an instant. This means that everything that ever happened around here can vanish from existence, appearing to to people as if it never happened. All of our discussions, venting, supporting, small talks, art, fights, everything.

This place isn't an internet community like any other. This is a place for the most marginalized people in the world: the suicidal. This is the only public place where we can talk without being considered mentally inept to speak for ourselves, to have opinions, and take decisions.

This place carries our history, our culture. If it's not preserved, people in the future won't ever understand what being suicidal fells like. They won't understand our struggles, our oppression. They will have only the narrative from the ones that try to erase everything we say, and paint the world in artificial watercolor.

If this place isn't preserved, people will write down the history of this period as if suicide was just the result of a "mental disease", instead of understanding everything that goes beneath. It's a struggle we face, perhaps, since the dawn of humanity, but has never been registered or taken seriously.

Before us, there were the usenet groups, almost all gone, and the reddit community, completely erased. This place is still alive, and can be archived, to prevent from having the same ending.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I get what you mean but after all nothing ever lasts, everything in this existence is impermanent and will disappear someday, it's just the reality.

Reactions: loopdaloop
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
IIRC they did publish archived items from SaSu on Kiwifarms. I tend to think everything is retrievable.

S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
I think I saw a few people say they made a copy of things for later before, mainly just the methods stuff. You can always archive the threads you like somewhere outside of SS if you want.