• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
I already asked this in my recent post but I want to see if there are opinions from others as well. I got metoclopramide from a website, I had to do an online consultation first, it was just a series of questions on the website and then I could order meto. It arrived but on the package it says metoclopramide monohydrochloride, I'm not sure if this is the right type of meto that I need before taking sn. On the website it didn't say monohyddochloride when I chose the product, it was just named metoclopramide without anything else added. I saw on the internet that metoclopramide can also be named metoclopramide hydrochloride and there are packages who use this name but I haven't heard of monohydrochloride. Why is it called monohydrochloride and not hydrochloride? Are there different types of metoclopramide? I'm confused about this, I don't know what type of meto is right

Reactions: ToMoveOn
Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
CAS No: 54143-57-6?
Looks like there are different salts available, but they are all D2 antagonists.

Reactions: Goku Black
Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
It's a system designed to tell one chemical from another. It may be printed on the box, maybe not, but in either case, what you have is the correct chemical. Different salts are designed to improve delivery, on the patient's end it's all the same. They are all marketed as D2 antagonists, and this is the main function of this medication.

• Informative
Reactions: rozeske
D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
It's a system designed to tell one chemical from another. It may be printed on the box, maybe not, but in either case, what you have is the correct chemical. Different salts are designed to improve delivery, on the patient's end it's all the same. They are all marketed as D2 antagonists, and this is the main function of this medication.

I don't understand much about this but if what I have is the correct thing then it should be good. So metoclopramide monohydrochloride is different than hydrochloride but it still works like other meto or antiemetics?

Relic

Relic

Astral Corpse
Mar 6, 2021
I don't understand much about this but if what I have is the correct thing then it should be good. So metoclopramide monohydrochloride is different than hydrochloride but it still works like other meto or antiemetics?
It's still metoclopramide. If you go to PubChem and look for metoclopramide monohydrochloride, it redirects you to metoclopramide hydrochloride.

Under the description you'll find:
Metoclopramide hydrochloride is a hydrate that is the monohydrate form of metoclopramide monohydrochloride. It has a role as a gastrointestinal drug, a dopaminergic antagonist and an antiemetic. It is a hydrate and a hydrochloride. It contains a metoclopramide.

Effectively, it's the same thing.

D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
It's still metoclopramide. If you go to PubChem and look for metoclopramide monohydrochloride, it redirects you to metoclopramide hydrochloride.

Under the description you'll find:

Effectively, it's the same thing.
Why do they have different names, monohydrochloride and hydrochloride, if it's the same thing? If they have different names doesn't that mean they have some differences?