• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

E

earshurt

Oct 11, 2022
Any media I was watching/reading/playing at a time when interpersonal drama occurred in my life - especially if I mentally associate the media with the person I fell out with. For example, it took me two and a half months to finish a book I started around the same time my ex-best friend blocked me, even though the book was quite lighthearted and easy to read.

Reactions: lemonbunny
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I can't stand any horror films or media but I guess the point of those is to intentionally trigger their audience so I always feel like more of a terrible person just because I can't enjoy what so many other people find enjoyable. Even bad horror films still leave me frightened enough to destabilize my life and sometimes it even extends into thriller or slasher movies as well. Even just seeing trailers for horror movies without closing my eyes has made me unable to sleep for multiple days in a row which causes sleep paralysis and compounds my fear.

S

SchizoGymnast

May 28, 2024
I avoid watching mental health content on YouTube. Too much preaching and pseudoscience.

justwannadip

justwannadip

it's still raining
May 27, 2024
I have OCD and BPD so pretty much everything triggers me because things that are otherwise unrelated are automatically associated with painful things in my life. Its like ptsd on steroids, since triggers aren't limited or specific. OCD also doesn't need any media or outside triggers, it just internally creates them.

Buffy

Buffy

24/7 cold
Mar 17, 2024
I love watching anime, but what's really frustrating about it is how so many animes are full of misogyny, pedophilia, incest, and sexual assault. The number of people I've seen defending it or not even seeing what's wrong with it is just astonishing.

Another thing that sets me off is when people use the 'it's fiction, it doesn't affect reality' argument. Dumb thing to say, but that's just my opinion.

Reactions: lemonbunny and archiveofpain
archiveofpain

archiveofpain

May 29, 2024
I'm honestly super picky with what I watch, read, and listen to because I have plenty of triggers, beyond general misogynistic, pedophilic or sexual media, I generally avoid happy, optimistic or and coming of age stuff, because it reminds me how unforgiving reality is. Also comedies are too corny for me and I don't get their humor and honestly I don't find what most people find funny to be funny. I find myself watching the same things about horror, psychological stuff or thrillers because there is no happiness as weird as it sounds

A

achb

Student
Oct 23, 2023
For me, Omori and the inherent misogyny it promotes that nobody wants to talk about.

I didn't care much for Omori and lost interest near the beginning of a playthrough when it first came out. I eventually learned what the story was (and still didn't care much for it) and all I can think about it is (spoilers):
"the story is about how a boy murders his sister, and we're supposed to forgive him for it because 'it was an accident'." (And let's not forget: "female character dies for male character's character arc," my least favourite trope, which the creator definitely used on purpose otherwise the protag's sibling could have been his brother or something).

My whole life has been boys and men doing horrific things to me that changed me permanently, but getting away with it because "that's just how boys are," "they can't help themselves," etc. My experiences taught me that men and boys can get away with anything they do against girls and still be loved and forgiven by society for it. I'm sick of seeing Omori, peddling this same narrative (even if unintentionally), being so popular.
I can see how the trope might be a frustrating aspect, but honestly, I fail to see any other inkling of it being misogynistic. Mari's gender has nothing to do with her death or really even their sibling relationship. She could have been a brother and it would not change anything in the story whatsoever.
And it literally was an accident. He was a 12 year old and got upset and pushed her, causing her to lose her balance and tumble down the stairs. There's even a mirrored event where Aubrey pushes one of their friends and that friend falls into a lake and almost drowns. It is also an accident.
His character arc in the story is initiated by a male friend who's trying to get him out in the real world. Quite literally the point of the story that hinges on whether he improves or ctbs is whether he responds to his male friend's attempts to contact him.
Actually really, any of their genders could be swapped and it wouldn't change the story at all.

RosebyAnyName

RosebyAnyName

Staring at the ceiling for 6 hours
Nov 9, 2023
He was a 12 year old and got upset and pushed her, causing her to lose her balance and tumble down the stairs.
It is also an accident.
The boy who sexually assaulted me was only 6-8 years old. The idea that boys are except from any form of responsibility just because they're young is still triggering for me. And yes, the gender does matter. I was never allowed to be even slightly assertive because I was a girl and everyone thought I was disgusting and unsociable for way less, yet the boys who sexually harassed me were forgiven in a heartbeat. My experiences tell me that boys specifically don't "need" to take responsibility for themselves to the same capacity as girls.

Sorry, but "he was young and it couldn't have been his fault" is suspiciously similar to every other spiel I've heard about how "boys will be boys" and "he just liked you" and "it's normal for boys to act like that at that age," and it's still very triggering to me. This thread is about what people find triggering, not what people are "allowed" to find triggering.

• Hugs
Reactions: YandereMikuMistress and lemonbunny
YandereMikuMistress

YandereMikuMistress

you say falling victim to myself is weak, so be it
Apr 26, 2023
The boy who sexually assaulted me was only 6-8 years old. The idea that boys are except from any form of responsibility just because they're young is still triggering for me. And yes, the gender does matter. I was never allowed to be even slightly assertive because I was a girl and everyone thought I was disgusting and unsociable for way less, yet the boys who sexually harassed me were forgiven in a heartbeat. My experiences tell me that boys specifically don't "need" to take responsibility for themselves to the same capacity as girls.

Sorry, but "he was young and it couldn't have been his fault" is suspiciously similar to every other spiel I've heard about how "boys will be boys" and "he just liked you" and "it's normal for boys to act like that at that age," and it's still very triggering to me. This thread is about what people find triggering, not what people are "allowed" to find triggering.
Likewise,
Tho they where between the ages of
7-13

The idea that a child couldn't possibly be able to take responsibility for a heinous act they commited, is illogical to me,, even if your let's say autistic, i personally had to socialize with this older kid as he was one of the few of my arranged "friends"
Me and my brother where and this other guy were role-playing mario rescuings peach, and the guy was bowser as we where playing for a bit in the front yard he randomly rushed me while my brother went inside momentarily tho i dont remember why anyway lets call him adam this guy adam rushed me and lunged at me causing me to fall on my back and adam just starts trying to hold me down trying to kiss me and he was i donno if it was Purposeful but he was like rubbing himself on me while trying to hold me down and kiss me, my brother came back out and ran at adam and tossed him off me, not like he was any better either back then.. apologies for this random comment by the way.

• Hugs
BrokeN__lil’__girl

BrokeN__lil’__girl

STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME!!!!!!!
May 10, 2023
Everything where I can see beautiful and happy couples. Even here. When people talk about their partners and happiness and how beautiful they are and such I get triggered big time.

Endless_suffering

Endless_suffering

EVERYTHING IS F@CK3D
Jul 12, 2024
I can't watch stuff like law and order svu specifically. Anything involving rape or child abuse sets me tf off. I have major flash backs

• Hugs