• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Y

Ynoocs

May 8, 2019
Hello all,

I asked about this in the firearms megathread, but was looking for more input if anyone has any. How effective would an AR15 with a 16" barrel be for ctb, say compared to a 9mm handgun? I know .223 isn't the biggest round, but it flying at 3,000+ FPS in soft/hollow point configuration seems absolutely devastating. It's also not that big of a weapon, and I have very little trouble aiming it behind the ear. With that being said, would behind the ear, or inside the mouth at an upward 15 degree angle be better?

Thanks in advance!

pane

pane

Hollow
Apr 29, 2019
Ynoocs I'm quoting another member called thrw_a_way1221221 because it answers your question. My thanks to him for providing this explanation in the thread on shotguns.

"Did most of those people put the shotgun under their chin? That is NOT the way to ctb via a shotgun or any gun for the matter (TiredHorse would agree with me on this very very much).

As far as recoil is concerned, it shouldn't be an issue as the person would be dead almost instantly after the bullet leaves the muzzle of the barrel. Another thing to consider is when pulling the trigger, not to anticipate the recoil or flinch when pulling it. This would result in the barrel moving right before the gun goes off, thus hitting other parts of the head (non-fatal) and the chance of failure goes up.

The proper way to CTB via a shotgun (or any long gun for the matter) is to put the barrel in the mouth, aimed at the brainstem (ideally) or close to the back of the head, ensuring the chances of a successful CTB. It can be achieved by tilting one's head down a bit and putting the barrel as far back into the mouth as possible (while sitting down)."

Reactions: Ynoocs