like-spoiledmilk

like-spoiledmilk

Jul 10, 2023
This is probably ridiculous. If I sound insane, please ignore me. I am simultaneously starving and sleep deprived. Maybe hypomanic.

BUT!!! I've been searching for months for an SN source on and off, unsuccessfully. Many places only sell to businesses. So, I've been toying with the idea of creating a charcuterie business (paying to process an LLC), renting a digital business address (or P.O. box?), and just proceeding from there. The total winds up cheaper than the supplies for an exit bag altogether, though I know I will likely have to wait for government approval.

Are there any oversights I'm missing here? Will this automatically be suspicious, and would sources deny me based on how short-lived the "business" is? Do sources also not ship to P.O. boxes?

Thank you for any advice you guys can share. đź’•
- xoxo

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Don't know where you are, but in the US it's pretty easy to apply for a business license. Basically, fill out some forms, pay some money, and your business is registered. Not sure about a PO box. I know businesses do use PO boxes, but they're more for regular type mail. Packages normally go to the actual business location itself, especially if it's sent by a carrier other than the postal service. In the US I think FedEx has some kind of connection with the postal service, like a business arrangment, but not sure that means that they are able to leave packages in PO boxes. I know UPS can't. If the SN seller will ship to a PO box is pretty much up to them. I'm sure you can do some research and find out if a PO box can be used as the "mailing address" for your business, and if it would actually show as that on your official license and other business related paperwork. I think a lawyer could help you with those answers. Yes, I know they cost money. I'm sure someone will chime in with more definitive answers.

Reactions: like-spoiledmilk
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
If this isn't the best example of why the U.S. just need to simply legalize euthanasia, I don't what is. We will all find a way regardless. Why can't they just make it easy for us?

Reactions: divinemistress36 and like-spoiledmilk
like-spoiledmilk

like-spoiledmilk

Jul 10, 2023
Don't know where you are, but in the US it's pretty easy to apply for a business license. Basically, fill out some forms, pay some money, and your business is registered. Not sure about a PO box. I know businesses do use PO boxes, but they're more for regular type mail. Packages normally go to the actual business location itself, especially if it's sent by a carrier other than the postal service. In the US I think FedEx has some kind of connection with the postal service, like a business arrangment, but not sure that means that they are able to leave packages in PO boxes. I know UPS can't. If the SN seller will ship to a PO box is pretty much up to them. I'm sure you can do some research and find out if a PO box can be used as the "mailing address" for your business, and if it would actually show as that on your official license and other business related paperwork. I think a lawyer could help you with those answers. Yes, I know they cost money. I'm sure someone will chime in with more definitive answers.

I did not know that about the limitations on packages through P.O. boxes, so thank you for that insight! I'll definitely do some more research and shop around sellers.

If I needed a physical address, I suppose I could rent an office desk in my city for the month and have the SN delivered to the front desk assistant there. But, you know, then I would be dearly hoping the packaging is *actually* discreet. If not, explaining that my "business" is making charcuterie boards for parties might be a sufficient cover for why I need SN? I'd hope so.

Regardless, thank you so much for all your help! I might rephrase this and ask some legal/business subreddits how they would approach.

Nikitatos

Nikitatos

Arcanist
Apr 10, 2024
Yes, I considered that as well. It seems like a logical route considering SN is not illegal. If I couldn't find SN and wanted it, I'd either:

1. Set up a business
2. Make it using sodium nitrate and the many youtube instructional videos

I don't know what companies who sell SN are required to do in order to sell to someone; but it seems like fooling a legit company into selling a small quantity of SN to a fake business should be easy.

There are places (don't remember off the top of my head) where you can get a box that looks like a physical business. Maybe even UPS store?

Reactions: like-spoiledmilk