• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I took olanzapine for about a year and after weaning off it I lost all of my ability to sleep. Its been a couple of days with absolutely zero sleep and its driving me completely suicidal. Anyone else with insomnia here?

• Hugs
Reactions: RemainingDubious, MyChoiceAlone, sserafim and 5 others
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
I've had it some degree on and off during my life. It's really horrible and I wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy. I wish I could offer you some advice/ help but I've got none to offer. I feel your pain and I'm sorry you're dealing with this.

Reactions: sserafim and heavyeyes
Takamagahara

Takamagahara

Seeker Of Heaven
Aug 8, 2023
I literally can't sleep without chemical aids so hell yeah, insomnia gang

i once went about 70 hours without going with more than about a 6 or 7 hours of sleep across it so its a problem.

The funny thing is that if I didn't have insomnia I wouldn't be any less suicidal

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, whywere and heavyeyes
Wehmut

Wehmut

it's not fair...
Apr 13, 2023
I dont really have insomnia but my sleep schedule is really broken. I stay up until 3 am everyday. It takes like an hour for me to fall asleep. Also I have a very hard time getting up early in the morning and I hate that about me. Not even sleeping is fun anymore in this shit life

Reactions: sserafim, outrider567 and heavyeyes
Minsu

Minsu

Suicidal korean girl 🇰🇷🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
I'm suffering from insomnia too. I usually sleep for only 3-4 hours

Reactions: sserafim, carnivalforone, outrider567 and 1 other person
toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
Yes. I have it very bad as well. Its terrible. I'm so sorry you're experiencing this. Severe insomnia is pure torture and one of my top reasons for needing to CTB. I'm on benzos, mirtazapine and weed right now and still can't sleep. Always here if you wanna talk about it. I can relate a lot unfortunately. I wouldn't wish insomnia on my worst enemy

Reactions: sserafim, pthnrdnojvsc and heavyeyes
foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
Probably not full on insomnia but sleep is terrible. I've had a bad episode lately due to ruminating thoughts and depression. Last night was peculiar, it was like my mind was trying to find out how to fall asleep but couldn't. There was something it couldn't resolve, so I was watching it try to unravel the thoughts which prevented me from falling asleep because it kept going in circles.

Yeah it's been driving me crazy too. I can't focus on anything, the only thing I can think about is the existential crisis I'm facing.

Insomnia, at least for me, is probably a symptom of some other unresolved issues in life.

S

SN drinker

-
Aug 13, 2023
Yeah, that's why I take promethazine currently. It doesn't help me fall asleep faster, but it makes me sleep longer if I managed to fall asleep. However, I get weird dreams and I don't use it more than 3x a week.

F&Inside

F&Inside

🌊🌊🌊
Aug 9, 2023
Hello.
It has always taken me more than an hour or two to fall asleep. I like when I see someone who can fall asleep in an instant. It doesn't matter how tired I am. If I open my eyes during the break, it might take me another long time to fall asleep again. Another thing is that I can't sleep without listening to some radio, currently a quiet podcast, no music, it's impossible for me to sleep listening to music. But it seems that I need to hear someone speak so I don't fall into my own thoughts.

Reactions: sserafim, blackwidow and heavyeyes
A

Aya&Dazy

Nov 11, 2022
Recently I discovered something about my sleeping patterns. If I stay in the same environment for long time, it will be difficult for me to sleep. I will be afraid of night time because I couldn't sleep. Last couple months, I moved a lot due to work and i was so exhausting. In 1 month I had to live in 3-4 different states. That's how I finally break my insomnia. Right now, I sleep not great but a little longer hours (with sleeping pills. I can't live without it for the rest of my life). Once my life is back to normal, staying in the same house for a long period of time, insomnia will be back again. I'm not sure your life situation, to break the cycle maybe try changing scenery in the condition that you also have to be exhausted.

heavyeyes

heavyeyes

Oct 9, 2022
Yeah I've had insomnia for about 3 or 4 years now. It makes me more suicidal than usual at times. It used to be so bad to the point of not being able to sleep until passing out from exhaustion. Now I can get around 4-5 hrs of sleep. 6 hrs if I'm lucky. I've never tried sleeping meds because I know if I became dependent on them I would regret ever taking them and my situation would be worse

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, F&Inside and outrider567
WaitingToGo

WaitingToGo

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
Fellow insomniac here. I used to be getting 3 to 4 hours but now it's much better. I'm taking zolpidem which helps a lot. If I don't take it I just can't fall asleep. I take it an hour before going to bed

Reactions: sserafim
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
3-4 hours? i would love that. i've gone 2-3 days on 10 min naps. only thing that helps seems to be alcohol for me never been prescribed any pills.

WaitingToGo

WaitingToGo

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
3-4 hours? i would love that. i've gone 2-3 days on 10 min naps. only thing that helps seems to be alcohol for me never been prescribed any pills.
Over here in the Netherlands Zolpidem is only available on prescription

S

Suspect_Device

Student
Jul 10, 2022
I've been suicidal since I was 16. I used to be able to sleep 14 hours a day but now I rarely sleep more than 4. I miss being able to just sleep whenever even though I know I was miserable back then and definitely remember laying in bed praying for death (like a still do!) Things don't get better just different. As cheesy as this sounds, when things get really horrific I turn a fan directly on my face full blast and play voice actors saying various bullshit on the "Calm" app on my phone to get a few hours if sleep in.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and Anon7b8
E

eashanm

Master
Feb 22, 2023
I have both insomnia and hypersomnia.

M

mia_qwerty

Student
Apr 13, 2023
I took olanzapine for about a year and after weaning off it I lost all of my ability to sleep. Its been a couple of days with absolutely zero sleep and its driving me completely suicidal. Anyone else with insomnia here?
Did your sleep improve? I'm on Olazapine but it barely works. I hardly sleep

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Did your sleep improve? I'm on Olazapine but it barely works. I hardly sleep
What are you taking olanzapine for. I take seroquel now and besides waking up every 2 hours I'm good

lostforever77

lostforever77

Dec 13, 2023
It's not true insomnia, but I hate logging off and going to bed, because when I do I have no other option but to admit that I am completely alone now.

ClownCringe

ClownCringe

Remember being able to move?
Jan 18, 2020
I am the Lord regent of insomnia. I sleep every 2-3 days

F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
I'm the opposite I can sleep like a motherfucker and always feel tired.

Reactions: sserafim and MatrixPrisoner
lifelite

lifelite

Dec 8, 2023
I will try something. I hope this works. I wake up and just go uuurtgrgrghh... Hopefully I get good sleep soon

Reactions: sserafim and MatrixPrisoner
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Olanzapine permanently ruined my sleep, hopefully it gets better for you. I just wish I never took any human made poison in my body because everything left me with consequences.

Also I find it crazy I was prescribed antipsychotics for "depression" at the time.

There was a guy on surviving antidepressants forum who got it even worse than me from olanzapine. He barely slept for over a decade, maybe two, and I thought I would be the same. Mind you I am still effed but not to that extent. My sleep is terrible and I suffer issues from it but at least I can be coherent and do some things effectively.

And no I am never getting back to how I was pre meds btw. This happened in 2019.

But I made my peace with it in the end.

M

mia_qwerty

Student
Apr 13, 2023
What are you taking olanzapine for. I take seroquel now and besides waking up every 2 hours I'm good
I take it for sleep. And Trazodone too. That's good you are sleeping now. Can you sleep without meds or you take them every night?

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
I will try something. I hope this works. I wake up and just go uuurtgrgrghh... Hopefully I get good sleep soon
I have found that listening to Forensic Files and Reddit Real Life Scary stories on YouTube or Dateline murder mysteries on the NBC app do wonders for putting me to sleep.

Reactions: tpboy and sserafim
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
I've never suffered from severe insomnia, but have had sleep problems. Quetiapine has helped me a lot in helping to sleep better.

BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
I have extreme insomnia. Sleep issues have ruined my life and my number one reason for ctb. I have 4 sleep diseases. It's a living hell.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and R_N
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I have extreme insomnia. Sleep issues have ruined my life and my number one reason for ctb. I have 4 sleep diseases. It's a living hell.
Damn I'm sorry. What diseases do you have?

nightmare_moon

nightmare_moon

🌌 Pernicious Nightbringer 🌌
Dec 7, 2023
I've had sleep issues all my life. A weird fluctuation of insomnia and hypersomnia. Sometimes I can't sleep for days but lately I've been sleeping for at least 80% of every day. It sucks, but it's a common symptom of stress and depression. The best solution I can offer is staying out of your bed until it's time to sleep and practicing meditation or journaling. It's all cheesy therapy shit, but it really helps.