Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Also known as "Mottephobia". When it comes to moths they make my skin crawl, I absolutely loath spring and summer for bringing these disgusting creatures out in droves and invading my house. It takes me minutes to muster up the courage to kill one with a fly swatter because if you don't they'll find the perfect spot to hide and I'll be left stressing where it could be.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Despondent, mediocre, Blackpoolbootz and 1 other person
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020
No, but it bothers me how they can disappear all day and hide in your bedroom invisibly then soon as you turn off the light to go sleep they start flying around and gettin in your hair like a bat

• Love
Reactions: mediocre, TheSoulless and Deleted member 1465
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
I can't say I have a phobia, but I am not particularly fond of them. They can be a bit disgusting, especially if there are many big ones flying around. In the summer I like to sit on the porch of my family's countryside home and when the porch light is on, they swarm - I may or may not have let out a shriek once or twice when a big one landed of my arm.

But I don't swat them. I just wave my arms to make them go away and maybe chide them a little bit. Nature in all its forms is pure and beauitiful, so I try to respect it to the best of my abilities.

Reactions: Oyoy, disabledandhopeless, TheSoulless and 2 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
@Epsilon0, I love that you chide moths.

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
@Epsilon0, I love that you chide moths.

Does it sound weird in English? I've always wanted to use that verb. Not sure if the context is right though :-)

Language is so much fun.

• Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
The Dark Chaos

The Dark Chaos

Craving chaos..
Apr 17, 2020
No, but it bothers me how they can disappear all day and hide in your bedroom invisibly then soon as you turn off the light to go sleep they start flying around and gettin in your hair like a bat
Same here!!

Reactions: GoBack and Epsilon0
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Does it sound weird in English? I've always wanted to use that verb. Not sure if the context is right though :-)

Language is so much fun.

It doesn't sound weird. It sounds adorable.

• Love
Reactions: Epsilon0
irreversibledamage

irreversibledamage

May 23, 2020
I actually love moths, and most insects as well. I used to photograph them in the past, but the result was always bad because I never got some good macro lens :(

Cosmiq

Cosmiq

Student
May 7, 2020
Yeah, oh god I'll never forget I was with a girl like two of the hugest moths flew in through her balcony. I just hid under blankets while she did catch and release lol.
I don't like insects in general though. I'm reminded of that episode of SpongeBob where there's a butterfly loose in Bikini Bottom

Blackpoolbootz

Blackpoolbootz

If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.
Apr 19, 2020
I can't say I have a phobia, but I am not particularly fond of them. They can be a bit disgusting, especially if there are many big ones flying around. In the summer I like to sit on the porch of my family's countryside home and when the porch light is on, they swarm - I may or may not have let out a shriek once or twice when a big one landed of my arm.

But I don't swat them. I just wave my arms to make them go away and maybe chide them a little bit. Nature in all its forms is pure and beauitiful, so I try to respect it to the best of my abilities.

Absolutely killing any form of life is unnecessary. I'm terrified of spiders but would never kill one and won't let anyone else do it either.
Also known as "Mottephobia". When it comes to moths they make my skin crawl, I absolutely loath spring and summer for bringing these disgusting creatures out in droves and invading my house. It takes me minutes to muster up the courage to kill one with a fly swatter because if you don't they'll find the perfect spot to hide and I'll be left stressing where it could be.

Their is a thing you can get off eBay and Amazon to grab it they have little plastic threads. I use them for putting spiders out at arms length would work for moths as well.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
They are a bit freaky and soft and cuddly when you pick one up by mistake. Not afraid of them though.
I am, however, afraid of cotton wool. I'm not even sure if that's a thing or I'm just weird, but it freaks me out.
When I have a blood test I have no problem at all with the needle, but the cotton wool bud after makes me want to tear off my face and run screaming for the hills screaming noooooooo!
Absolutely killing any form of life is unnecessary. I'm terrified of spiders but would never kill one and won't let anyone else do it either.

Their is a thing you can get off eBay and Amazon to grab it they have little plastic threads. I use them for putting spiders out at arms length would work for moths as well.
I bought my Mum a spider vacuum once. Kind of like a sucky motorised lightsaber affair that sucked them up so you could throw them out without hurting them. Tragically, when you do that with house spiders they tend to die.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Blackpoolbootz
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I bought my Mum a spider vacuum once. Kind of like a sucky motorised lightsaber affair that sucked them up so you could throw them out without hurting them. Tragically, when you do that with house spiders they tend to die.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, and vacuumed for good measure.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465, Epsilon0, Brackenshire and 2 others
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
They're so hated and I hope they know that :pfff:

I don't personally have a phobia but I freak out when I see one. I personally find them disgusting to look at. They're not welcome into my home

• Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed