• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
This is not a thread to discuss how my pharmacy sucks, nor do I want to get into specifics on stuff. I did some dumb shit and this issue is rooted in me, end of story. I'm trying to handle it so it doesn't go bad, I just want to be prepared for the worst.

There's been an issue with my pharmacy, I have a day and a half worth of Zoloft and it sounds like I won't get it in time due to something regarding it. I've never been more than 3 days off of it before, and I'd like an idea what I'll be in for and whether or not I should half my dose or if that's a very bad idea. I'm looking at maybe a week without if things go badly or I cave and ditch my efforts to fix this scenario.

real human being

real human being

full of broken thoughts
Jan 28, 2022
Cold turkey withdrawal from antidepressants can be very very very unpleasant. Probably the best thing you could do is split what you have left into 6/7 equal portions.

slightoverlooked

slightoverlooked

Student
Dec 27, 2023
the only withdrawal symptoms i had from antidepressants was just sleeping a lot but most of the time i didn't feel much different tbh. i did take zoloft for some time and i personally just noticed increased appetite after i got off it. but it wasn't uncontrollable.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
This is not a thread to discuss how my pharmacy sucks, nor do I want to get into specifics on stuff. I did some dumb shit and this issue is rooted in me, end of story. I'm trying to handle it so it doesn't go bad, I just want to be prepared for the worst.

There's been an issue with my pharmacy, I have a day and a half worth of Zoloft and it sounds like I won't get it in time due to something regarding it. I've never been more than 3 days off of it before, and I'd like an idea what I'll be in for and whether or not I should half my dose or if that's a very bad idea. I'm looking at maybe a week without if things go badly or I cave and ditch my efforts to fix this scenario.
If you have a day and a half. I'd stretch it into thirds and take a third a day. Zoloft is notoriously unpleasant to get off of, especially the higher the dose. If it's money that's preventing you, expect flu-like symptoms and brain zaps. If it's not a money issue, Id get it and get off it properly. I was stubborn and wanted to try something new asap and went off a super high dose cold turkey. Was miserable for a long weekend.

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
If you have a day and a half. I'd stretch it into thirds and take a third a day. Zoloft is notoriously unpleasant to get off of, especially the higher the dose. If it's money that's preventing you, expect flu-like symptoms and brain zaps. If it's not a money issue, Id get it and get off it properly. I was stubborn and wanted to try something new asap and went off a super high dose cold turkey. Was miserable for a long weekend.
I finally got my dosage redone. Was hell for the bit I was off, very suicidal on the last day and had someone basically speak to a person on my behalf just to return me to some sanity. Got a dosage increase though!

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
I finally got my dosage redone. Was hell for the bit I was off, very suicidal on the last day and had someone basically speak to a person on my behalf just to return me to some sanity. Got a dosage increase though!
So are going to stay on it or go off of it?

manta

manta

its gonna be ok
Mar 26, 2023
Going without Zoloft is rough especially for a week. If you are in a situation like that again it doesn't hurt to go to an urgent care and see if they can give you a bridge prescription for the withdrawals.

• Informative
Reactions: Abyssal
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
Stay on it. The time I was off it was hell, I don't wanna go back to that or further endure the mistakes of dropping cold turkey.
Well you can go above the fda limit of 200mg too. The max is 400mg. Just have to watch for tremors, twitches, sensation etc, serotonin syndrome. Gp providers dont like to go that high. Neither do nurse practioners, only psychiatrists in my experience.

ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I quit 200mg Zoloft cold turkey, spent a week severely depressed, was dizzy and a bit confused. The symptoms persisted for the next week except feeling depressed which was a bit less.

• Love
Reactions: Abyssal