• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Latios

Latios

Experienced
Nov 22, 2020
Well I don't think venus or mars would be any more pleasant. :P

But in all seriousness, yeah, I definitely feel that way too. :)

Reactions: Spitfire
S

Steph123

May 29, 2020
I'm just very glad its almost over and REALLY hope there isn't a reincarnation or something like that... That would suck!!

I also don't want to go to a hypothetical place in the sky and worship a dictator the whole day/night.. No offence to the religious people on here.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I'm just very glad its almost over and REALLY hope there isn't a reincarnation or something like that... That would suck!!

I also don't want to go to a hypothetical place in the sky and worship a dictator the whole day/night.. No offence to the religious people on here.
You will live on Planet Willawing in the Andromeda galaxy.

Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
There are so many galaxies, and the universe is so vast that I'm positive there is at least one planet with a race of aliens that are far better off than we are. If anything it's a curse to have been born human.

Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
We are all complaining because we had a shitty experience.
If we were all millionaries, specific race u desired, had good family, friends, relationship, good mental health and physical health,
What shall we complain about?

True. We're only miserable because we've been backed into a corner. When it comes down to it, very few people genuinely want to die... what they really want is for their life to be what they'd always envisioned. They just want happiness. But that's impossible to attain for many people, myself included.

Latios

Latios

Experienced
Nov 22, 2020
True. We're only miserable because we've been backed into a corner. When it comes down to it, very few people genuinely want to die... what they really want is for their life to be what they'd always envisioned. They just want happiness. But that's impossible to attain for many people, myself included.
Oh man, this just made me bawl my eyes out :(

waterstrider

waterstrider

cold
Nov 29, 2020
If we were all millionaries, specific race u desired, had good family, friends, relationship, good mental health and physical health,
But those having all those things are only a tiny minority while the rest of us are suffering and taught to dismiss this feeling of emptyness and despair and just be good working slaves. So it's fair to say that life sucks.

Dizzylady80

Dizzylady80

Experienced
Nov 5, 2020
Yeah I'd really like to be reborn or go to some sort of afterlife, unfortunately I don't believe in that.
Yeah I'd much rather things get better than die. But it's not looking like that's possible

LonelyDude15

LonelyDude15

Currently Spiraling
Sep 26, 2020
I've heard the idea of the idea of the big bounce that the universe has already played itself out infinite times and will continue to do so infinite times which is just a terrifying thought. I don't want to be living the same sad life in repeat for infinity.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I've heard the idea of the idea of the big bounce that the universe has already played itself out infinite times and will continue to do so infinite times which is just a terrifying thought. I don't want to be living the same sad life in repeat for infinity.

That is my number 1 all-time worst nightmare. What a horrific curse it was to have been born if that were so!

Not only big bounce but there are other avenues for that as well. If you think about it, it makes a lot of sense. I don't know why this isn't bigger news than it is considering how gargantuan the implications are. I was expecting eternal oblivion for so many years and I feel like I was given the ultimate of bait-and-switches. Having had this knowledge at an earlier time would've surely changed my course of action. Before my opinion of the universe was that it was neutral but now I view it as sinister.

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
I think any kind of life/existence implies both "needing stuff" and, eventually "an end/death". So any kind of existence is a bad thing.
the idea of the big bounce that the universe has already played itself out infinite times
That is my number 1 all-time worst nightmare.
There are at least 3 theories of completely different types of "multiverses" where our experiences are replicated, perhaps infinitely.

The thing is... those aren't "us" reliving experiences over-and-over... but identical "copies" of us living those experiences. For each copy, it will seem like their very first time.

J

Jean Améry

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2019
Historically suicide wasn't forbidden by law in ancient Rome so I don't know if that society could be qualified as 'shit' although it certainly had its vices. Bloody wars of conquest and forcing people to kill each-other for sport would be the most obvious ones.

Since we are not currently aware of other places where lifeforms arose that are at least as advanced as ours I'm not sure what you're referring to.

I concur with @profoundexperience: the problem is not so much that we were born on earth and in this society (granted some have it extremely horrible but on the whole I'd say there is no better time to be alive than now, at least in the west and if you don't have to live in the gutter) but that we were born at all.

Life implies suffering and death, not being born makes such unpleasantness impossible.

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I think any kind of life/existence implies both "needing stuff" and, eventually "an end/death". So any kind of existence is a bad thing.

There are at least 3 theories of completely different types of "multiverses" where our experiences are replicated, perhaps infinitely.

The thing is... those aren't "us" reliving experiences over-and-over... but identical "copies" of us living those experiences. For each copy, it will seem like their very first time.

Even if "we" were conscious for all of those incarnations it'd still feel like the first time anyway, unless you mean it will actually be the clone's first time. I hope it works like you say because I would never ever ever ever EVER want to go through all this bullshit again. EVER. For some reason I hadn't heard about eternal return until just a year ago but since I've heard it I've been seeing it a lot in other places as well. It's like when you learn a new word that you've never heard of but it keeps popping up frequently afterward. I'm very frustrated about only having heard of this so late in my life. It would've been life-saving!

I was thinking about Roger Penrose's Conformal Cyclic Cosmology (CCC). I think it really all boils down to what consciousness really is and if continuity is what defines individuals. If only we had this information now but I don't think I'd die with any peace without knowing whether it'll all be over or if my hell would be my eternity.

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020

Being bored of life, lacking challenges, or realizing that all life is about is keeping up with the "Joneses"

DeathBySuicide

DeathBySuicide

Nov 30, 2020
Well, I'm a Christian so I guess you can say my "next life" (not really a next life but whatever) would be in heaven

S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
That is my number 1 all-time worst nightmare. What a horrific curse it was to have been born if that were so!

Not only big bounce but there are other avenues for that as well. If you think about it, it makes a lot of sense. I don't know why this isn't bigger news than it is considering how gargantuan the implications are. I was expecting eternal oblivion for so many years and I feel like I was given the ultimate of bait-and-switches. Having had this knowledge at an earlier time would've surely changed my course of action. Before my opinion of the universe was that it was neutral but now I view it as sinister.

Do you think a life being can spin out of it somehow? If knew about it for whatever reasons, then why would you have obtained this knowledge and what to do with it? If things do matter.

Last edited:
C

ClockChelsea

Sep 13, 2020
An entirely different experience, other than being human, would be nice. Not sure what, but this is not it. I very actively made sure I did not have more children as I did not want to commit them to existence as a human on Earth. Having children, IMO, is a very selfish thing to do, one was enough and at time I regret that but who knows, he may have more luck than I.

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Honestly I wouldn't have minded being born in heaven if it exists or somewhere that is peaceful and nice.

Reactions: Spitfire