Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
It's not very accepted to be a misanthrope in a world full of toxic positivity, but I'm very open about my disdain for people and humanity in general. All we do is destroy everything we touch, including the planet we're all living on. Anyone else? If so, what made you lose faith in humanity in general?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, corazon, Crono and 24 others
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I could make a huge list on everything that makes me lose faith in humanity. At the moment is the whole coronavirus situation that's making me lose the most faith in humanity. From how it started in the first place, racist assholes targeting Asians, people who aren't taking lockdown/social distancing seriously making this whole fiasco last a lot longer, people that think it's a hoax, anti vaxxers etc. I'm just getting real tired.

Reactions: Venessolotic, Mixo, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 5 others
After The End

After The End

The lily whispers, “I wait.”
Jul 31, 2019
Yes, specifically a hermetic mistanthrope currently running up the down escalator of life.

Reactions: Venessolotic, loopdaloop, Mixo and 2 others
Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
I'm a misanthrope, but also a negative utilitarian (minimize suffering). I hate humanity but pity humans. I think the best thing for the world would be if everyone became anti-natalist and a voluntary extinction would occur (although obviously impractical).

• Love
Reactions: corazon, loopdaloop, Élégie and 16 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I desperately want to believe in humanity. It's just nearly impossible to do so in todays world.

Reactions: Venessolotic, Per Ardua Ad Astra, SpaceEngineer and 5 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I've self-identified as an misanthrope, and here are my threads explaining why:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/the-roots-of-your-misanthropy.31703/

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/misanthropy-fuel-an-example.44980/

• Love
Reactions: Venessolotic, Lost in a Dream and Mixo
Shinkansen

Shinkansen

life is pain
Jul 14, 2020
the human species deserves all my contempt as long as it only values money.
just to get money, they make the planet sick, destroy forests, starve people, make wars and cause the death of innocent people, we deserve extinction.

for humanity, if you are unable to generate money, you are useless, don't believe it? good luck.

Reactions: Élégie, searchingfreedom, Lost in a Dream and 5 others
purplesmoothie

purplesmoothie

Experienced
Sep 13, 2018
I'm a misanthrope, but also a negative utilitarian (minimize suffering). I hate humanity but pity humans. I think the best thing for the world would be if everyone became anti-natalist and a voluntary extinction would occur (although obviously impractical).

I'm the same. :)

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: _Minsk and Deleted member 4993
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Does hating myself count? I'm the only human I know and the only human who feels real. The others are a mystery to me. They are remote beings who live in an alternative universe that I can watch through a peephole. I don't interact much with people, they are sort of at the periphery of my life. You could say I live on Planet XYZ, population 1 and I am a misanthrope because I hate everything in and about the only human I know: myself.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, loopdaloop, Élégie and 8 others
purplesmoothie

purplesmoothie

Experienced
Sep 13, 2018
Does hating myself count? I'm the only human I know and the only human who feels real. The others are a mystery to me. They are remote beings who live in an alternative universe that I can to watch through a peephole. I don't interact much with people, they are sort of at the periphery of my life. You could say I live on Planet XYZ, population 1 and I am a misanthrope because I hate everything in and about the only human I know: myself.
I feel the same way actually too.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and XYZ
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
It's not very accepted to be a misanthrope in a world full of toxic positivity, but I'm very open about my disdain for people and humanity in general. All we do is destroy everything we touch, including the planet we're all living on. Anyone else? If so, what made you lose faith in humanity in general?
What caused me to lose faith in/hate humanity was
1) reading about how cruel and evil humans can be to each other in wars and such (i.e. in Humanity: A moral history of the 20th century)
2) generally observing how self-centered, egotistical, hypocritical and self-serving they are
3) being informed about how cruel they are to animals (i.e. slaughterhouses, lab experimentation, ivory trade, trophy hunting, seal hunting, whaling, isolated cases of extreme cruelty like greyhound trainers in Australia tying living rabbits, piglets and possums to a mechanical device (after separating babies from mothers and abusing them physically and verbally) for greyhounds to chase after and tear to pieces.

All this makes me not only hate humanity in general, but also myself as I know that I share in the essential evil of humans and cannot escape it while I am alive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Élégie, Mixo and 4 others
rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
3) being informed about how cruel they are to animals (i.e. slaughterhouses, lab experimentation, ivory trade, trophy hunting, seal hunting, whaling, isolated cases of extreme cruelty like greyhound trainers in Australia tying living rabbits, piglets and possums to a mechanical device (after separating babies from mothers and abusing them physically and verbally) for greyhounds to chase after and tear to pieces.
This especially is one of the big reasons I hate humanity. People treat animals like shit and make them suffer so much. They make humans suffer as well so this should be no surprise, but how animals get treated is on a whole new level. (When it comes to death however, animals get a peaceful N injection while people are supposed to suffer until natural death.)

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, settheory, Lost in a Dream and 3 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
animals get a peaceful N injection while people are supposed to suffer until natural death.
Exactly. We generally treat animals worse than humans in life when it comes to pure levels of cruelty, but when it comes to death we are willing to put an end to animals' suffering using N, but humans are expected to just endure any suffering and cannot end their lives on their terms. So much hypocrisy and double-standards.

Reactions: Élégie, DarkTear and purplesmoothie
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
Yes. If given freedom, this is what humanity devolves into...

Reactions: AprilsBlessings and Mixo
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I am not strictly misanthropic, nor do I see a reason to pick a rigid ideal like this and stick to it.

Reactions: purplesmoothie
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
I could make a huge list on everything that makes me lose faith in humanity. At the moment is the whole coronavirus situation that's making me lose the most faith in humanity. From how it started in the first place, racist assholes targeting Asians, people who aren't taking lockdown/social distancing seriously making this whole fiasco last a lot longer, people that think it's a hoax, anti vaxxers etc. I'm just getting real tired.
Can we be friends? lol you sound reasonable
I am not strictly misanthropic, nor do I see a reason to pick a rigid ideal like this and stick to it.
Consider at some point after enough pain in your life you will.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 19654
suffering

suffering

Too p*ssy to end it, too suicidal to leave
Aug 17, 2018
Yes, I hate humanity very much.

Reactions: Skathon and Mixo
N

nurplexkid

Oct 27, 2018

My thoughts exactly.

TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
What he said.

AprilsBlessings

AprilsBlessings

Our tainted history is playing on repeat
Jul 26, 2020
Yes i am a misanthrope and for many reasons, Humans are just so awful

Reactions: searchingfreedom
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Yes, I hate everything about humanity, me included. I want to be gone

Reactions: AprilsBlessings and Mixo
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
People are so selfish. It's ridiculous. Makes you hate everyone.

Reactions: AprilsBlessings, Mixo and Lost in a Dream
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
People are so selfish. It's ridiculous. Makes you hate everyone.
This is probably the one thing that tipped me over into misanthropy. No matter who it is in your life or what you've done for them, the relationship you have with them can fall apart at any time because it's not about you - it's about them and their needs. And there's nothing you can do about it. It's considered socially acceptable and even mentally "healthy" to be selfish and put yourself first, even if it means blocking out the troubles or needs of others. That's the part I find the most difficult about being in this world with other people.

• Love
Reactions: Crono, Per Ardua Ad Astra, taylor321 and 2 others
D

dieornottodie

Student
Aug 15, 2020
i have different roots for misanthropy, on a human rights scale, the fact that humans set up human rights but no government respect it, why would humans criminalize suicide or going naked in the street, natural things like this, this is what makes me hate the world of humans, why would i criminalize consumption of drugs and such, these ethical rulings nurture the hatred i carry for humans, for the personal aspect, i am an introvert and loner so i dont deal a lot with selfishness of others

VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i think a lot of the people here are misanthropes.

for me, it's the way people treat each other. we stomp on everyone to get what we want, despite the fact that tomorrow, money could be useless, and someday it will be useless. i mean, is money really worth putting another person through do much pain? it's much easier to be nice, or at the very least, not a monster.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Nicebuddimtim

Nicebuddimtim

Ghost
Jun 28, 2020
Absolutely, I despise what humans have become. For a creature with such ingenuity and promise to fall to our own greed and stupidity is baffling. I like many am a complete hypocrite but the only way for me to break that is suicide. All the advancements and benefits in our society are a disguise, they only bring increased suffering. I've spent a long time observing what's going on around me and come to the conclusion that it's too late to do anything but watch. The more we try to fix the problems nature throws at us the worse they get... To all those that love life I wish you enjoyment in high rates of obesity, cancer, heart disease, birth defects, gender dysphoria, psychosis, diabetes and so on... But one thing above all enjoy this freedom you've been promised. Freedom to make money freedom to breed and freedom to die (oh wait a minute!!!). You can give me shit for my views I know most don't understand but I have formed this view on my own nobody forced it onto me and nobody taught me I have seen it and I believe it however controversial.

_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
Many things have contributed into making me think humanity is a plague upon the world. So many wrong things.

I could also make a veryyyyy long list.

But there's also some good things people have done.
I just personally don't think it's enough to at least create balance for all the bad things that have been done or currently happening.

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, demuic, esse_est_percipi and 1 other person
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
No, widespread misanthropy leads to widespread lack of empathy.

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
Not really a misantrope, i just dont trust anyone anymore. If even a relative can harm their own blood then i have now reason to relax around people. I still believe in thae good in humanity, taking a gamble just cause too much pain.

Reactions: loopdaloop
AprilsBlessings

AprilsBlessings

Our tainted history is playing on repeat
Jul 26, 2020
No, widespread misanthropy leads to widespread lack of empathy.

Actually that's not true, many misanthropes help other people.
they usually hate humans because what they do to each other so they try to help.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime