• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Before holidays used to be one of my favourite things ever, especially xmas, but since the past year or so it hasn't really been the same for me anymore. I just don't enjoy them anymore and it hurts because I feel like I'm missing out because I'm not having the amazing experiences I used to have before and it's not like I can just force myself to enjoy them either. Does anyone else feel this way?

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
I definitely don't enjoy Christmas like I used to when I was a kid. All the magic from that holiday is gone for me. I guess as I've gotten older and more cynical, I see it as nothing more than tedious and overly commercialized. I enjoy being with my family, taking time off work, the food, and admittedly the lights are pretty too, but that's about it for me. It sucks, I wish I could feel the "magic" of the holidays again, but I haven't felt that way in a very long time. I think the last time I truly felt the "magic" of the holidays was when I was about 14. I'm 29 now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
I definitely don't enjoy Christmas like I used to when I was a kid. All the magic from that holiday is gone for me. I guess as I've gotten older and more cynical, I see it as nothing more than tedious and overly commercialized. I enjoy being with my family, taking time off work, the food, and admittedly the lights are pretty too, but that's about it for me. It sucks, I wish I could feel the "magic" of the holidays again, but I haven't felt that way in a very long time. I think the last time I truly felt the "magic" of the holidays was when I was about 14. I'm 29 now.
Well yeah, I've never had the same christam spirit feeling since I was a child either, probably at around the same age as you, don't remember exactly when it went away from me. I've always enjoyed getting to spend time with family, open gifts and eat good foods though. Last year was rough though due to having horrible anxieties at the time and now I dread xmas this year because of it. Not fully sure what caused it either, I just suddenly had a rly bad mental period with unbearble anxiety and trauma flashbacks for several days. It felt like 3 months, but idk if it lasted for that long. It was absolutely awful though and I tend to make bad connections to things that I saw or that happened or that I've had some sort of relation to when I've had a bad experience and so I've made a bad connection to xmas bc of that so now I dread it rly badly >_<

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and Malaria
the_fail_man

the_fail_man

Failure, Outcast, Diseased - The True Leper
Mar 9, 2024
I can't relate that much so I apologize in advance. But. I never really enjoyed holidays. But now I'm bedridden with a disease for many years and kinda wish I could celebrate again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Whilst I dread these periods as I find them overwhelming, I also love it and look forward to them as my children love them and I love seeing them happy.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Nevermind holidays, I'm missing out on life in general due to how I'm unable to enjoy anything

Reactions: sserafim and Kit1