koro

koro

この夢は本当に嫌います。
Nov 11, 2023
You get that feeling when you try to be nice, or you like something, wanna help, idk but you just feel like you're being awfully annoying no matter what you do?

It happens so many times that I genuinely like something or want to be just nice but every reaction, reply or minute without a reply makes me feel like I've just annoyed that person way too much

For example I ask someone wether I'm annoying and as an answer I get a plain simple "You're not annyoing", making me feel like it's just an excuse because I'm especially annoying

Is it just me being pessimistic?

Either way, please tell me if you feel annoying or have similar experiences as well, I'm curious

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: starrchaoz, pole, white_petals and 8 others
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
We're our own harshest critic. It's hard to know what people really think.
All you can do is read their body language and observe their actions.
If they don't know you're doing it then they can't deceive you as easy.

I'm sure you're not as annoying as you think they think you are.
But someone constantly asking if they're annoying is actually annoying in of itself.

• Love
Reactions: koro and feels_like_rain
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Annoying or not interesting maybe. Sometimes, if I've gotten the impression I'm boring someone, I will just stop talking mid sentence. They weren't really listening anyway! I think you just have to accept that not everyone will like you the same amount. Some people, we don't gel with as well as others. I think with those sorts, it's better to still be civil but to not invest too much emotion into them- if that makes sense? So- try not to be too concerned on whether they like you. How they respond to you. Some people are going to be fair weather friends as it were.

But yes, I have wondered if I was annoying people in the past and it hurts. Doesn't always mean they don't like you though. Maybe they just had a lot on their mind at that time and couldn't cope with a lot of conversation. It could be for a lot of different reasons. Maybe they just weren't interested in the subject matter you were discussing. Could be just as much about them as it is about you. I guess the goal in life is to find people around which we can be ourselves and they will be fine with that. In the wonderful words of Dr. Seuss:

'Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind'

• Love
Reactions: tiger b and koro
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Absolutely. ADHD fucked me up as a child, now I'm an adult that has a breakdown when I get told I'm annoying. I wish I was normal.

• Hugs
Reactions: AInilam, MatrixPrisoner, koro and 1 other person
zanahori

zanahori

Jul 21, 2023
yes i do a lot everyday

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: gonzalo, koro and white_petals
Dliena

Dliena

𝚂𝚂 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚘. 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
Yep even on this forum I kinda feel like I'm rambling bit too much, like I'm incoherent or just not making any sense I guess?

• Hugs
Reactions: AInilam, koro and white_petals
D

deep_end

How've you been?
Sep 9, 2023
I tried to help someone over the phone once and they lied saying that they got pulled over by a cop so they had to go. I don't want to offer my help ever again. I have a difficult time talking to anyone as it is

• Love
Reactions: koro
koro

koro

この夢は本当に嫌います。
Nov 11, 2023
I tried to help someone over the phone once and they lied saying that they got pulled over by a cop so they had to go. I don't want to offer my help ever again. I have a difficult time talking to anyone as it is
I hate it when people lie to get away, hurts much more than just being honest about it

Reactions: NumbItAll
UnwindingStar

UnwindingStar

The one who almost got away
Feb 14, 2023
Are you like in my head or something? I've been feeling this way sooo often, lately.

• Love
Reactions: koro
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
Yes I feel this way no matter if it's one on one conversation over text or irl or even posting on here. A lot of times there's no signs that they feel that way but I'll feel so annoyed with myself and have such pessimistic views on everything.
Eventually being so worried about being annoying will actually make me annoying since I'm so stressed about being an enjoyable person to be around. It's such a dilemma

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: AInilam, koro and breezeboy
koro

koro

この夢は本当に嫌います。
Nov 11, 2023
Are you like in my head or something? I've been feeling this way sooo often, lately.
Been feeling this way for years now and just can't get over it, feel like I'd loose the only one I'm currently playing games with only by sending messages or simply talking