sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Nah, I don't believe in hell. I think the concept of hell is used in religion/by the church to scare and control people. Eternal torment sounds rough but for me, life is already enough of a torment. Hopefully I will find peace on the other side…..

Reactions: cscott
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
Yes, and even if not, I still don't believe that there is life after death. At least, I hope there isn't. I hope it's just a void, a deep sleep, forever.
I think this is what most non religious people would think/hope for. I know I, for one, want afterlife to be like sleep.

Reactions: sserafim
S_IsMyUsername

S_IsMyUsername

Sep 11, 2023
I think this is what most non religious people would think/hope for. I know I, for one, want afterlife to be like sleep.
In fact, as you have already suspected, I am also an atheist and left the church some time ago. My whole family is believers, but I think that is no more than all other sects that exist no matter if about 30% of the world's population believe in it.

B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
Nope. I'm not religious. I don't believe in anything like that. But who am I to be so sure. No one really knows. Anything is possible, and there isn't one theory more plausible than the other. Rebirth, heaven hell, alternate universe, absolute nothingness— they're all equally likely. But I agree with the latter, there's nothing. Just like it was before you were born. But if there really is a hell, and I'm on my way there, so be it. I always liked the heat anyway.

ChronicallyCynical

ChronicallyCynical

Natural pessimist, born quitter.
Sep 9, 2023
Sure, sure.

Back when I was a kid, my parents would threaten me with it by having their friends dress up like devils, and threaten to take me and/or my brother away to hell in these giant sacks. Sometimes they'd come with rattling chains, clothes, and hair a mess, stomping around like they have hooves, and with their faces painted to look like they're covered in soot from the fires in hell.

Then I grew up.

Realised it was bullshit.

Still pissed off at my parents for it.

But now I'm well and truly an atheist. Not that I was a particularly strong believer in God when I was a kid either -- used to not really care about prayers and stuff anyway, but now I just care less.

True, there is some of the fear of the unknown inside of me -- but that's more to do with the future in life. I'm almost certain that nothingness comes after death. And if not, I'm just hoping for a peaceful reincarnation, even though with my luck, I'll probably spend another hellish time on Earth.

Hmm... come to think of it, yeah, I guess I believe in hell. How could I not? Many of us are living in it right now. Hell is wherever people suffer, I suppose.

samishii

samishii

What's the point?
Dec 24, 2021
I don't think I am any more afraid of Hell than the thought of living longer. Maybe this is hell..

Reactions: cscott
S_IsMyUsername

S_IsMyUsername

Sep 11, 2023
Nope. I'm not religious. I don't believe in anything like that. But who am I to be so sure. No one really knows. Anything is possible, and there isn't one theory more plausible than the other. Rebirth, heaven hell, alternate universe, absolute nothingness— they're all equally likely. But I agree with the latter, there's nothing. Just like it was before you were born. But if there really is a hell, and I'm on my way there, so be it. I always liked the heat anyway.

I can understand absolutely everyone who believes in an afterlive. I myself have the hope that everything ends like in the short story "The Egg".

If you wanted to hear more about the story here:

If you wanted to hear more about the story here
oh god why i almost cry every time (if i could) when i see the story.

Last edited:
djangoicecream

djangoicecream

Sep 15, 2023
I am certain hell exists, that's part of why my attempts to die keep failing, I know God's gonna get pissed if I do. The ideation and craving is there, I just stick around cause God doesn't kill me himself. Yet, at least anyway, I know why I can't ctb and just stop existing too. It's a weird feeling when you don't think you should be alive but you can't get the balls to die.

G

ghostkid

i feel nothing but everything
Sep 14, 2023
Absolutely! It makes me crazy to not know if i'm "good enough" to end up in heaven. Maybe I ctb because my life is bad but then i end up in hell and everything is even worse?! That would be so horrible!
I'm a Christian so I actually believe in that kind of stuff and it scares me so much. I want to go to heaven where pain and suffering does not exist but what if i'm not Christian enough? My faith is pretty weak.

EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
I'm not religious but the thought of everlasting torment messes with me to this day. Been here a bit and still can't commit and think past it.
yeahhh, I am religious, and it's the primary thing stopping me! :(

B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
I can understand absolutely everyone who believes in an afterlive. I myself have the hope that everything ends like in the short story "The Egg".

Sounds interesting, I'll check it out!

R

rainseahorse

Sep 9, 2023
Not sure if this helps, but as someone that was raised Buddhist and had no concept of heaven or hell until I started schooling in USA, I personally just don't REALLY understand the concept of heaven/hell. Like, I learn of it, but it's just very difficult to engrain it into my psyche, just as it may be difficult to remove it from your psyche. It might also be interesting to note that Buddhism started around 500-700 years earlier than Christianity, but Christians were just a tad more interested in conquering foreign lands and expansion, so it's the most populous religion today. Anyhow, I don't believe in either reincarnation or heaven/hell.

Reactions: hikikomori-
nolifezzz

nolifezzz

stuck somewhere between hell and earth
Mar 26, 2020
me! its the reason why i still have yet to go through with it despite joining this site to look for methods in 2020, kek. im not religious, ive long lost my faith but i was raised in a religious upbringing yeah, even if i try to get logical with it and manage to convince myself that hell isnt real (or that, so what? im already in hell anyway so basically its just like transfering to another hell) the fact is that noone really knows whats on the other side and that terrifies me. fear of the unknown & potential hell or potential worse fate or some potential limbo hell my brain managed to trap me in in the last second is what holding me back now. if i know for sure like 100% confirmation, verifiable scientific fact or whatnot that itll just be like lights out. nothing. pitch black. im no longer conscious. i no longer think i no longer exist oh i would grab anything right now and do it in a heartbeat. i just really dont want the possibility of ending up in some place worse yknow. i just want to not exist in the first place. just want the suffering to stop just want my own existence to go poof