• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
I don't participate there anymore. There are trolls and pro lifers who are constantly annoying. Some even try to send messages or chat to tell you life is cool and give you so-called solutions.
I just hope the trolls and pro lifers don't come here.

Squidward

Squidward

This is as brave as I know how to be...
Apr 18, 2018
Heh, this isn't the first thread on the topic, you're definitely not alone.

And don't worry, they aren't welcome here. If it's not clear to them before joining, we'll make it clear after.

There's plenty of places for them to go circle jerk with the rest of life's lovers.

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
It is not really the subreddit's fault that the admins of the site are in a witch hunt towards pro-choice subreddits. Unfortunately, it is not only reddit. I doubt this site will last a long time. Sooner or later it will be taken down (but hopefully someone will make a new one thereafter).

NotTheStatusQuo

NotTheStatusQuo

May 10, 2018
Those people are probably just doing that to act like some sort of "hero" and feel good about themselves.. Annoying
Of course that's why they do it. The last person they care about is the actual person suffering. They care about themselves and their own feelings, and even place the feelings of "the family" above the suicidal person. I fucking hate that bullshit, They say it's selfish because of what it does to your family. Like forcing a person to live a miserable life for your own benefit isn't fucking selfish.

El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
Of course that's why they do it. The last person they care about is the actual person suffering. They care about themselves and their own feelings, and even place the feelings of "the family" above the suicidal person. I fucking hate that bullshit, They say it's selfish because of what it does to your family. Like forcing a person to live a miserable life for your own benefit isn't fucking selfish.

I'm actually fascinated by this argument. It's based on the assumption that "misery" can be quantified. So what people are arguing is that the total amount of misery for other people caused by suicide (let's call it X) is greater than the total amount of misery experienced by the person who self-delivers (let's call it Y).

So X > Y

Of course, I think this proposition is ridiculous. Emotions can't be quantified. But even if they could be, the argument can be flipped on itself. It's very possible (I would say likely) that the total amount of misery experienced by people who self-deliver is greater than the total amount of misery caused by their suicide.

So Y > X

In which case, according to this utilitarian model, suicide is rational because it results in an overall decrease of misery.

El Topo

El Topo

(---)
Apr 21, 2018
But anyways, screw Reddit. I actually had no idea there were suicide-related subreddits until SS got shut down and a bunch of people started migrating to 8chan.

Nemiik

Nemiik

May 11, 2018
I lurked on pro-choice subreddits, but moved to 8ch to lurk pretty quickly. Too many pro-lifers were on reddit, trying to say how the world is rainbow and sunshine on posts. It was just obnoxious...
not a loss if all the subreddits continue to be deleted, it's a pretty horrible place. imo, this forum is a lot better. :v

Mari

Mari

Left forum, time's up
May 10, 2018
Heh, this isn't the first thread on the topic, you're definitely not alone.

And don't worry, they aren't welcome here. If it's not clear to them before joining, we'll make it clear after.

There's plenty of places for them to go circle jerk with the rest of life's lovers.

I like the style. And you made me laugh.

D

DeathIsTheSolution

May 19, 2018
Just LOL @ anyone who still uses Reddit. Fuck that site.

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Everyone just leave that toxic place already. It is not good at all. Its a very bad place with wierd rules, they keep toxic people and pro lifers while deleting normal stuff.

I know this is not the first post but anyone who follow will see extremely toxic posts or comments that are tolerated while normal users get banned.

There is a great user who just deleted his/her account by the name smila and I really wish they come here instead.

Reactions: Tiburcio