• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

spicyfriedtofu

Idiot
Jun 10, 2018
If I remember correctly having a history of suicide in the family raises the risk for suicide, so it's not insignificant. I have a cousin that left about a year ago.

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
A cousin of mine committed suicide about thirty years ago or so. That is the only case I know of.

Reactions: dano6533
shattered dreams

shattered dreams

Student
Jun 5, 2018
My great, great great, and great great grandfather on my dad's side all committed suicide. My mother attempted suicide at 19, and at 48.

Reactions: dano6533
sadak_the_wanderer

sadak_the_wanderer

An appropriate painting
Mar 19, 2018
Yes, at least one known attempt. Hopefully this will make my death less of a surprise for everyone.

Reactions: dano6533 and Samuel
S

Sailfisher

F’ing A
Apr 19, 2019
My dad tried to buy a gun to shoot himself but they wouldn't sell it to him.

Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
My great aunt hung herself, possibly my grandmother's mother and my mother and father are presumed dead - both had many attempts before disappearing many years ago. Two cousins attempted also. I'd definitely say it runs in my family.

JJ-NOHOPE

JJ-NOHOPE

Tantalus - all desire, no hope
Nov 26, 2018
My great grandfather on my dads side shot and killed his wife, shot at his son (and missed), then killed himself.

The kids were all orphaned in the city of Chicago.

My dad attempted suicide 7 times.

My sister attempted suicide once.

I attempted suicide 4 times.

• Hugs
Reactions: voltage268
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
My grandmother made an attempt, maybe more but I've only heard of the main story.
And I believe there were two or three great Uncles who commited suicide, all brothers. The last time I was at the psych ward there was a relative of someone in my family. I think it was a younger half brother of those uncles but honestly my mother confuses me with the stories and seems to change them when I bring up what I remember being told .
So who knows at this point.

I know one of my cousins had issues and has been to the psych ward but I've no idea if an actual attempt was made.
I think it was chemical imbalances for the older ones, not sure about my cousin.
Which I really can't relate to because I feel I am acting normally to my s*** situation. I have solid reasons to CTB, not a true mental disease that taints everything. It's more that my physical self affects my mind rather than the other way around.
So even though I do seem to think very differently than others, I can't safely say im a product of my genes in that area.

Vero

Vero

May 23, 2019
Not one. They believe it's selfish to go that way.

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Yes mental illness does run in the family, not sure about suicide though. I know my cousin attempted because she wasn't getting good grades.

Reactions: Ivenocare
F

Fadingfast

Come in peace, go in peace
May 9, 2019
I'm actually sitting in the living room where my adopted uncle shot himself. It's sad but I grew up here.... Everyone said he died ofa heart attack when my siblings and I were younger. The truth came out eventually. No one on my immediate family has attempted, I am the first

C

CursedForDisaster

Student
Apr 1, 2019
My uncle killed himself and my sister is suicidal...that's all I know of though

Reactions: Ivenocare
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
I'm adopted so not sure about birth family. One of my adopted cousins jumped off a bridge into the river. Like, without giving anyone a clue. My sister and I both have ideation, both have made attempts. (We're not blood, but may as well be.) If anyone else ever did I'm sure it would be brushed under the rug.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soul
S

soda_pressed

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
Yup. My grandfather did and my cousin almost did. Not surprised I'm suicidal when it runs in my family

moodygrl

moodygrl

Apr 25, 2020
both grandparents on my fathers side. They kept that a secret for a long time, but as I got older I found out, as I started asking on the cementary how come they died so young and so close in timing.

SpareWheel

SpareWheel

I go on holidays by mistake
May 4, 2020
Both my parents attempted it, more than once. Neither succeeded. My cousin I think did, details were sketchy about her death but she was only in her 30s, I think her Dad wanted people to think it was an accidental drug overdose, but knowing her a little I'd wager it was likely not an accident, the lass had a lot of demons.

Deleted member 10475

Deleted member 10475

Tired.
Sep 11, 2019
I'm not sure about suicide, but the entirety of my father's side suffers from mild to severe depression. I definitely resented my parents for some years after finding that out.

K-O

K-O

FU(KOFFEE
Apr 16, 2020
grandad- walked in front of a Lory
uncle- jumped out of 13 floor
other uncle- bullet to the head
mom- multiple attempts
godfather- drunk himself to death
this is only close immediate family..
and not including war- which is suicide in my book

• Aww..
I_love_to_bake

I_love_to_bake

Student
Feb 27, 2020
I have a few. Like you, its a big family secret, we never talk about that kinda thing. Which means when I'm gone, I'll just be another family secret.
Only one that I've been alive for .

• Hugs
Reactions: Blu_1
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Grandpa tried, my father tried it.

The former was stopped and consequently had to die a rather painful death, drawn out over several months. He picked the perfect date for his attempt – a few days later he was already bedridden.

The latter was passively suicidal after his first child died. He drove his motorcycle recklessly, drunk and without protective gear. I think he really wanted to die and has gotten over it through antidepressants, anabolic steroids and through an affair with a dominatrix.

itsamadworld

itsamadworld

i wanna die somewhere like up there
Mar 15, 2020
My grandfather died of chirosis of the liver due to alcoholism. He was a POW in WWII. Him and a few other men were captured by the Japanese, and eventually escaped.....My great aunt on my dad's side killed herself by hanging.

Shero

Shero

Experienced
Dec 19, 2019
I don't know if it's really family, but the boyfriend of my aunt killed himself when i was around 4 years old.

Poptart

Poptart

Try me Frozen
Nov 7, 2019
My cousin shot himself in the chest. My other cousin overdosed near a lake and drowned.

• Aww..