nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
I've mentioned then before, but the thrive textline is really cool. They are peer support, meaning you have to have lived in experience to volunteer. They have a strict no police policy, unless you're abusing children or homicidal. I've told them I've wanted to ctb multiple times, and no cops.

Sometimes the advice they give is really generic but idk, they're the only hotline I trust.
I second thrive, I use them a lot.

Reactions: Cloud Busting
Banshe

Banshe

She/her trans friend
Jun 28, 2022
Personally I'm partial to the trans lifeline. It is made primarily with transgender people in mind, and they don't do any kind of involuntary cop calling or rescues.

• Informative
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Personally I'm partial to the trans lifeline. It is made primarily with transgender people in mind, and they don't do any kind of involuntary cop calling or rescues.
Do they discourage cis callers?

I've considering calling but I'm not trans and I don't want to take up their needed resources.

Do they have a text line?

Banshe

Banshe

She/her trans friend
Jun 28, 2022
Do they discourage cis callers?

I've considering calling but I'm not trans and I don't want to take up their needed resources.

Do they have a text line?
They don't have a text line and it is made with trans people in mind. You can do as you wish and reach out if you need. Although personally I'd recxomend finding other options if you're not trans. They're also not 24/7

• Love
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
They don't have a text line and it is made with trans people in mind. You can do as you wish and reach out if you need. Although personally I'd recxomend finding other options if you're not trans. They're also not 24/7
Thanks for confirming. I'll stick with thrive. ❤️

Thanks for sharing with those who can benefit tho.

Reactions: Banshe
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
What is thrive?
The Thrive Lifeline is a 24/7 crisis textline. They are located in Michigan but operate globally. They offer support to individuals of a marginalized identity and anyone undergoing a mental health or suicidal crisis. They have the same police/reporting policies as the trans lifeline.

I've used them to help me walk through putting groceries away lol they're honestly really cool.

snowcloud9

snowcloud9

I’m Cold
Sep 9, 2023
The people on the hotline are volunteers trained to follow a script. You are literally talking to a chatbot besides the fact that the human selects what to say.

(Talking about 988 idk others.)

gonnaregretthis

gonnaregretthis

Oct 2, 2023
I used a suicide hotline a couple of times when I was feeling really desperate and too scared of ctb but couldn't find any friends to talk to bc it was the middle of the night when I was having my breakdown. its sad looking at it now kinda but i laughed thinking that i wanted to die and they put me on hold behind 8 other people. so ridiculous.

• Aww..
Banshe

Banshe

She/her trans friend
Jun 28, 2022
So two days ago I was in a really dark place and I tried the crisis text line. I had no luck getting the help I need. They just parrotted what I said.

I ended up texting to 988 and I actually had a positive experience. They helped me understand im not crazy for feeling this way. And actually found me a free therapist nearby.

But I've also had a lot of bad experiences with 988 before. They seemed better this time around and they actually offered a follow up call.

Best experience I've had is with a local crisis app and a mobile crisis outreach team came after I was told its an option and accepted. Two therapists came out in person in an unmarked van dressed casually. One of them was even another trans women like me. This is what I think is the ideal for crisis hotlines.

• Informative