• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

SkepticalAsshole

SkepticalAsshole

Jun 18, 2018
I'm curious because I have 10 grand in credit card debt with 3 dollars in my bank account.

I'm concerned when I do end my suffering debt collectors will hassle my friends/family. Or even try and sue my parents who I am living with.

Reactions: Smilla
SkepticalAsshole

SkepticalAsshole

Jun 18, 2018
Thanks for the replies. Since the only "assets" I have are my 400$ TV and an Xbox one it sounds like the devil is gonna have to collect the rest off my tortured soul.

Reactions: BPDprisoner
C

comfortablydumb

Student
Jun 19, 2018
It may depend on which country you live in, but if you live in the US or Europe, for example, then your debt is just money that the CC company loses forever and cannot collect from anyone.

This is assuming that you have no other assets of any value.

Reactions: SkepticalAsshole
GloryGloryGlory

GloryGloryGlory

Mar 20, 2018
Not sure what country you're in, but in the US credit card companies and the like just have to count it as a loss, unless it's physical items or goverment debt (cars/houses/property tax)

source: Had to deal with this shit when my dad passed away

Luke

Luke

tired
Apr 11, 2018
Credit card debt is not transferable. At least in my jurisdiction. It's not much but covers the cleanup.

Reactions: GloryGloryGlory
I

itsallover

Arcanist
Jun 29, 2018
I maxed out my credit cards and might have to file for bankruptcy. I depended on them because I was unable to work. Now that I am really thinking about it, why do I want to work and have all the "great things" this world has to offer. Burn myself out at a job that I hate so that I can hopefully vacation once or twice a year. Then have a beautiful family which is most likely to end in divorce, child support, and alimony payments. Forget it. All I wanted was simple existence. I can't even have that now. Thanks God. Not to offend the religious, but a lot worse has happened to me than a lot of other people and I don't think a creator would allow any of his creations to suffer so much as humans do.