MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
Not sure if this belongs in offtopic. But I've been getting a whole lot of nosebleeds lately. It's come to the point where once my nosebleed starts I'm actually spitting out blood. There his nothing physically wrong with me as far as I know...I've been getting headaches but I honestly don't think it has anything to do with it. I've always been prone to nosebleeds but they are becoming more frequently and I've only recently starting spitting out blood. I get nosebleeds at least 5x a day now. And not small ones like they last at least 10 minutes and and get everywhere and are constantly flowing.

They've actually gotten worst the more suicidal I've gotten but I don't think any of my past attempts would lead to more nosebleeds. Anyone else experience this or know the cause?

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Have you had your blood pressure checked recently ? Undiagnosed high BP can cause nose bleeds, or minor blood vessels rupture in the eyes, leading to constantly bloodshot eyes.
The vessels in the nasal passages are fairly fragile once ruptured and can take a couple of weeks to repair, which means avoiding blowing the nose, being too rough when washing the face etc.
Often once a repeated rupture has occurred a minor op is the cure, just sealing off the vessel by cauterising it.

Reactions: Skathon
MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
Have you had your blood pressure checked recently ? Undiagnosed high BP can cause nose bleeds, or minor blood vessels rupture in the eyes, leading to constantly bloodshot eyes.
The vessels in the nasal passages are fairly fragile once ruptured and can take a couple of weeks to repair, which means avoiding blowing the nose, being too rough when washing the face etc.
Often once a repeated rupture has occurred a minor op is the cure, just sealing off the vessel.
I actually have my blood pressure is normal...I fr have no clue what's wrong with me

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
I actually have my blood pressure is normal...I fr have no clue what's wrong with me
In that case I'd guess that it's simply the case that the repeated rupture(s) has led to a weak spot in the blood vessel, which has never fully repaired prior to the next bleed.

MiMif

MiMif

Sep 13, 2023
Mm
In that case I'd guess that it's simply the case that the repeated rupture(s) has led to a weak spot in the blood vessel, which has never fully repaired prior to the next bleed.
Mm perhaps...thanks for the knowledge 🙏
Mm

Though to be honest I don't know how my nose would rupture..... I don't injure myself too bad and when I do by accident it's never my face that gets injured....do noses just rupture randomly?

S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
Mm

Very welcome, I don't have any medical background, just referring back to the occasion when I also suffered repeated heavy bleeds (on and off for three days on one occasion).
Very concerning, however if it's intermittent heavy bleeding rather than a continuing small emmision the cause is almost always a rupture, according to the GP & Casualty Surgeons who treated me.
Best wishes for a speedy resolution.
Mm

Though to be honest I don't know how my nose would rupture..... I don't injure myself too bad and when I do by accident it's never my face that gets injured....do noses just rupture randomly?

Almost anything can disclose an inherent weak spot in the vessels, as far as I know. Even repeated heavy blowing of the nose or heavy sniffing. And, once the initial rupture has occurred the clot which forms is fairly fragile and easily dislodged, allowing further discharge. Each successive flow tears the tiny break a little further, making the condition worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skathon and MiMif
tinyghost

tinyghost

go home at dawn sleep in the sun
Sep 13, 2023
would definitely be better suited to off topic, but all my nosebleeds are from the dry winter air. its makes the skin inside dry up and crack and bleed. it doesnt happen as much as yours, though, usually just once or twice a day. it can be a lot or little amount of blood. if you have thin blood or are on blood thinners or take aspirin you will bleed more than average.

flowers in the mist

flowers in the mist

dances with demons
Aug 19, 2023
I grew up with heavy nosebleed. I could bleed for hours at occasions, and it happened several times a week for many years.
No one found any concrete reason to why it happened, since it was random, I often woke up covered in blood as well..
However I had to undergo nasal cautery procedures several times, and it helped me a little bit at least and then it kind of went away as I got older.

It could be the same with you, that your blood vessels are just damaged or prone to bleeding more than usual. Then nasal cautery could possibly help you since it's a procedure which seals the vessels.

I still get nosebleeds sometimes but it's nowhere near as bad as before.