• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
I spent a while research train spots but have decided against train now.

I'm considering jump as my likely option. Beachy head is too far away and also heavily monitored.

Any advice?

Looking for something 150ft-200ft+ preferably landing on concrete/rock but may accept water.

nature

nature

lost cause
Mar 2, 2024

I'm considering jump as my likely option. Beachy head is too far away and also heavily monitored.

Any advice?

Looking for something 150ft-200ft+ preferably landing on concrete/rock but may accept water.
some interesting places in scotland, ex quarries onto rock below and sharp knife edged ridges looking over the valley, very scenic!

Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
some interesting places in scotland, ex quarries onto rock below and sharp knife edged ridges looking over the valley, very scenic!
Can u name any?@

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020

Any advice?

There are many high sea cliffs in many parts of the British Isles. All you need do to find them is look at some good maps. The ones I know best are along the north coast of Scotland, but there are many others.
There are also some high cliffs in the mountains, especially (but not only) in Scotland.

Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
There are many high sea cliffs in many parts of the British Isles. All you need do to find them is look at some good maps. The ones I know best are along the north coast of Scotland, but there are many others.
There are also some high cliffs in the mountains, especially (but not only) in Scotland.
I often see you on these UK threads.

Are you likely jumping old timer?

:)

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I often see you on these UK threads.

Are you likely jumping old timer?

:)
I won't jump. I will ctb if my husband dies befor me, but I will do it by heading off deep into the wilderness somewhere, in cold weather, and fading away from hypothermia.
I don't live in the UK, but I have lived there in the past, and I know the country quite well.

Reactions: _Minsk
Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
I won't jump. I will ctb if my husband dies befor me, but I will do it by heading off deep into the wilderness somewhere, in cold weather, and fading away from hypothermia.
I don't live in the UK, but I have lived there in the past, and I know the country quite well.

Hypothermia sounds like an awful way to die.

Jumping far quicker.

Reactions: hachiware and kvsvenky100
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Hypothermia sounds like an awful way to die.

Jumping far quicker.
No, it's peaceful. Eventually you feel nice and warm, and then you just go to sleep.
I have spent a lot of time in the outdoors, often alone, I'm not afraid of the wilderness, in fact I feel very comfortable there, and I would be perfectly willing to die there.

Reactions: alltoomuch2
M

M48 Patton

Student
Jun 2, 2024
Not sure I have the bravery to jump, was considering train. Which in some ways is probably evokes a Similar kind of feeling. Sometimes I still do. But it's all such a messy affair. Morally not great too either. I used to live near a tall water tower and considered that on some days. But it was locked up tight and again the bravery of actually tossing oneself of such a looming structure to the hard ground below is very daunting.

It's incredibly depressing that people do jump to their deaths but the kind of bravery to do it always amazes me.

Reactions: Linda
Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
No, it's peaceful. Eventually you feel nice and warm, and then you just go to sleep.
I have spent a lot of time in the outdoors, often alone, I'm not afraid of the wilderness, in fact I feel very comfortable there, and I would be perfectly willing to die there.
How do you know you feel this way?

And can I come? :D

M

M48 Patton

Student
Jun 2, 2024

I hear the last stages of hypothermia are actually meant to be rather pleasant? Probably not the correct term but not as deadful as the initial stages. Paradoxical undressing and all that. Thing is committing to the act right up to the last moment would take some nerve. But I could imagine worse deaths

hachiware

hachiware

May 23, 2024
Yes Beachy Head is heavily monitored. I once tried to jump off Beachy Head and got sent to the psych ward many years ago.
Slightly off topic, does anyone know how painful it is to jump off a cliff, especially when impacting with the water surface

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020

When I was 16, a friend at school told me about the experience of his mother, who was Russian, during WW2. For some reason that I can no longer remember, she had to go on a long march. She became exhausted, and eventually all she wanted to do was "lie down in the nice warm snow" (her words). Her companions forced her to keep going, which is how she survived to tell the story. Thats how I know.

Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
When I was 16, a friend at school told me about the experience of his mother, who was Russian, during WW2. For some reason that I can no longer remember, she had to go on a long march. She became exhausted, and eventually all she wanted to do was "lie down in the nice warm snow" (her words). Her companions forced her to keep going, which is how she survived to tell the story. Thats how I know.
What do you think of this comment -
Nope. Nope. Not good.

When you're freezing to death the sympathetic nervous system tries to conserve heat by telling the arteries in your limbs to constrict. This keeps the warm blood in the core where all your vial organs are. When the SNS itself starts to shut down from the cold that signal to constrict peripheral arteries shuts down too, and all the warm blood dumps out of your core and back into your already-frozen limbs.

This causes the feeling of being on fire. That's why people run and strip their clothes off when they're freezing to death.

Dying from temperature extremes is a shit show no matter if hot or cold.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
What do you think of this comment -

I don't think that's the explanation. What happens is simply that the part of your brain that figures out whether you are warm or cold starts to shut down and no longer works properly. It can no longer figure out whether you are warm or cold, and sometimes gets the wrong answer.

Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Kinnoull Hill, Perth, Scotland.

Which part of UK are you in?

Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
Kinnoull Hill, Perth, Scotland.

Which part of UK are you in?

On the border of Scotland/England.
Looks like a shit place to kys as not a straight fall.

Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
It's a suicide hotspot, if you find the right spot.