complexptsd

complexptsd

Aug 27, 2022
Anyone else here an artist/writer/musician? It's weird because I grew up reading biographies of writers, composers, artists and began to realize so many of them also had suicidal tendencies. Makes me wonder if there is something about us artistic types. Creativity can bring such pleasure, but can also open your eyes to the horrors that exist within and without. It's also very lonely i think.

I write fiction and was a piano performance major back in college.

Reactions: Mr_House, 7b48hl and Ginnn
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
in a hobbies way i suppose all of the above. i draw/doodle/paint/ect. i prefer flash fiction but have a novel on the go. and i was playing the flute, i need like $200 to fix it or something though, plus emotional reasons i havent picked it up since school, but i liked playing it and ctb depending would love to start again just for personal enjoyment.

• Love
Reactions: Mr_House and complexptsd
Ginnn

Ginnn

Student
Aug 20, 2022
I don't do anything related to art, but my mom is an art teacher and she tried to teach me since I was little. I think that artists are either very sensitive people who suffer a lot or drug addicts with screwed up lives, maybe both

Spidermanspiderpoo

Spidermanspiderpoo

Aug 23, 2022
I consider myself an amateur writer. I mostly write poems which are about my feelings, kinda like journaling but you can just say they are unrelated to you if someone reads them lol.

• Love
Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
I'm a musician, I studied about it since I was little, but I had to leave it a few years ago because I moved, I no longer have instruments or motivation.

Reactions: Mr_House