• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

colorlesshue

colorlesshue

IF GOD EXISTS I DEMAND HIS FORGIVENESS
Jun 28, 2023
not sure if this is under the right tag or even allowed but what would be considered a safe suicidal gesture? i want help but god i don't know what else to do

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and AllFoxedOut
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
by "suicide gesture" do you mean an action that looks like an actual attempt but is not going to work or hurt you too much?

if so, maybe you could tie something in preparation for a partial hanging and text people you know will come or call for help your final goodbyes. when helps arrives you could act like they got to you in time.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
colorlesshue

colorlesshue

Jun 28, 2023
by "suicide gesture" do you mean an action that looks like an actual attempt but is not going to work or hurt you too much?

if so, maybe you could tie something in preparation for a partial hanging and text people you know will come or call for help your final goodbyes. when helps arrives you could act like they got to you in time.
yes thats what i mean!! im not a native english speaker so im really sorry if my usage of words is wrong

• Hugs
  • Love
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023
yes thats what i mean!! im not a native english speaker so im really sorry if my usage of words is wrong
you used it correctly I just wanted to be sure my understanding was correct!

StarlightDreamer

StarlightDreamer

Infinity Weaver
Aug 2, 2022

That's a better idea than mine, which was cutting. Worst-case scenario, some cuts on the arm might land you in the asylum for a few days, which would be less than productive.

In any case OP, I really hope you find the help you're looking for. Are you sure you want to get it this way?

• Love
  • Hugs
colorlesshue

colorlesshue

Jun 28, 2023
you used it correctly I just wanted to be sure my understanding was correct!
i appriciate it :]]!! and i also very much appriciate the advice thank you <3 !!
That's a better idea than mine, which was cutting. Worst-case scenario, some cuts on the arm might land you in the asylum for a few days, which would be less than productive.

In any case OP, I really hope you find the help you're looking for. Are you sure you want to get it this way?
i've given up most of my other options, i'm in therapy but it's a catholic therapist that doesn't do much and my anti deppressents only make me feel worse which doesnt really make sense but i feel just terrible in general

• Hugs
AllFoxedOut

AllFoxedOut

Arcanist
Jun 7, 2023

to be honest my idea is likely to land OP in the asylum for a few days as well. if they make it indistinguishable from a real attempt, to any psychiatrist its going to look like they're an immediate danger to themselves. I was assuming they want to get taken to the hospital by police or paramedics.

• Hugs
Daft-Bear

Daft-Bear

Unbearable
Jun 27, 2023
What kind of help are you looking for? A suicidal gesture would be taken seriously, and may not give you what you are looking for. If you need to talk or need help working through specific problems, my DM's are open.

• Hugs
Reactions: CW36 and Praestat_Mori
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I would think hard about it, you are highly unlikely to get any real help if you live in the UK or US.
Locked up for a couple of days then put on a 18 month waiting list to speak to someone who will tell you to get out more and walk to solve your problems.

What kind of help do you need?

Reactions: CW36 and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry what you are going through is so awful. I guess you intend to send a "cry for help" with your "suicidal gesture". I would not recommend ist because how others already said that might not work the way you desire it.

Do you have an idea what causes your mental problems, what triggers them? That is the point that need to be changed/eliminated. Can't you change the therapist? I doubt that religious therapist are really helpful, neutral aren't in many cases either but at least they're more neutral in my opinion.

I hope you can find a way that suits you! All the best!!

Reactions: CW36
Daft-Bear

Daft-Bear

Unbearable
Jun 27, 2023
I'm sorry what you are going through is so awful. I guess you intend to send a "cry for help" with your "suicidal gesture". I would not recommend ist because how others already said that might not work the way you desire it.

Do you have an idea what causes your mental problems, what triggers them? That is the point that need to be changed/eliminated. Can't you change the therapist? I doubt that religious therapist are really helpful, neutral aren't in many cases either but at least they're more neutral in my opinion.

I hope you can find a way that suits you! All the best!!
It's kind of messed up that talking about suicide to try to get help would have such a negative reaction, as we've all noted.

I chronically wonder if asking for help and getting proper help would have improved my life, yet no one around me knows I'm suicidal because the effects of doing so would make my situation worse.

What an unfortunate paradox…

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
It's kind of messed up that talking about suicide to try to get help would have such a negative reaction, as we've all noted.

I chronically wonder if asking for help and getting proper help would have improved my life, yet no one around me knows I'm suicidal because the effects of doing so would make my situation worse.

I often question what 'help' we actually want and expect. For me, I'm quite active, have a good job, have no money issues, have no trauma etc
However, I just can't be bothered with life, it just feels so tedious and pointless.

Therapy and medicine didn't do much over the years.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and tryagain
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023

To me suicide is always a rational decision. It's difficult enough to defeat SI. But what could solve your problem not to be suicidal at all? I personally know what could solve it, but it's impossible for me to reach it and neither therapy nor meds could help here.

Reactions: Daft-Bear
Daft-Bear

Daft-Bear

Unbearable
Jun 27, 2023
I often question what 'help' we actually want and expect. For me, I'm quite active, have a good job, have no money issues, have no trauma etc
However, I just can't be bothered with life, it just feels so tedious and pointless.

Therapy and medicine didn't do much over the years.
This is me. I don't really match the archetype of a suicidal person and yet… I am.

The mundaneness of life kills me, and the lack of purpose makes me apathetic to the whole thing.

To me suicide is always a rational decision. It's difficult enough to defeat SI. But what could solve your problem not to be suicidal at all? I personally know what could solve it, but it's impossible for me to reach it and neither therapy nor meds could help here.
You've piqued my curiosity. What would solve your problems but is impossible?

Reactions: UKscotty
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
This is me. I don't really match the archetype of a suicidal person and yet… I am.

The mundaneness of life kills me, and the lack of purpose makes me apathetic to the whole thing.

I think most people think of a 'suicidal' person as being some down and out guy, stuck in bed all day, doing nothing productive.

The reality is far from the this, I'd guess there are a lot of suicidal people we all interact with and would never suspect.
I'd be extremely surprised if anyone suspected how I really felt about life.

I learnt my lesson opening up before, people don't care and can't help anyway.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Daft-Bear
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
I "told" the story in short many times here. A few years ago the project of a life time that could have changed my life in the way I worked my ass off for decades failed. The only option I'd have now in my age would be a 9-5 slavery job and I reject it by all means and I prefer CTB. So basically it's money here. And I'm not doing anything just to keep me alive, what for? I already lived my life very well.

• Aww..
Reactions: Daft-Bear
busybee

busybee

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
If you want to get rescued you could look for frequently used jumping spots with prevention cameras. Just gotta stall for time until they rescue you.
Wear good shoes though to avoid slipping.

Or make the rope setup and call a hotline. They will send a wellfare check usually.

I got into a clinic as a teen cause a teacher found a note between me and a friend talking bout what poison to use. Maybe writing your goodbye note and hiding it poorly could do the trick too.