• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

zeezee349

zeezee349

nuh uh
Aug 13, 2023
how do you cope with anxiety? i have school in like 6 hours and can't stop thinking about it i feel sick. you'd think it get easier but every year it gets worse, plus it doesn't help that i absolutely suck at starting conversations

Square251

Square251

Mar 19, 2023
I definitely get that. When I was back in school, it was really bad for me. In terms of medications, propranolol helps a lot with anxiety at small doses but if you don't want any medications, I try to make a safe space for myself. Focusing on what I'm good at in school and reminding myself of what I'll do when I get back home where my real safe space is.

Reactions: zeezee349
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Anxiety can have both developmental and biological factors. If one almost always has anxieties, then it may be useful to explore medical options. If anxieties are only periodic, then they may be more open to modification. For example, a particular event may cause anxiety then might be reduced through more preparation or considering alternatives so that the event appears less consequential.

Reactions: zeezee349