D

dartanian

Aug 19, 2018
I find your post hard to understand, could you please explain it in a different way?
I meant to ask
why not to combine the two methods?
but after I posted that I saw that it raises the risk to eps.
which brings me to ask - how do I know if I am prone to eps?
and if one decide to go with stat dose - why not take it more than an hour before so you can be sure it was absorbed?
hope it is more clear now.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Deutschv2
P

polyswarm

Sep 8, 2018
@dartanian

Thank you for elaborating.
Maybe you could do a testrun with the antiemetics to see if you experience any eps symptoms.

If I had to guess on the timing of taking the dose, after 40 mins the concentration of meto absorbed by the body is probably at its peak. And when waiting to long, the body has broken down most of it, and/or it will have lost most of its effectiveness.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, About_to_Go, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
D

dartanian

Aug 19, 2018
@dartanian

Thank you for elaborating.
Maybe you could do a testrun with the antiemetics to see if you experience any eps symptoms.

If I had to guess on the timing of taking the dose, after 40 mins the concentration of meto absorbed by the body is probably at its peak. And when waiting to long, the body has broken down most of it, and/or it will have lost most of its effectiveness.
how much mg would be enough without raising my tolerance?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
P

polyswarm

Sep 8, 2018
I didn't know you could build up a tolerance to meto, where have you read this?

For a testrun I would take the same dose you would take if you were planning on taking n after.
Doing a testrun with a low dose seems pointless, because only on higher doses is there a risk of eps it seems.

Please keep in mind, I have no training or knowledge about meto whatsoever and this is just based on using
my common sense. If anybody is more knowledgeable on this topic I'd love to hear their views.

D

dartanian

Aug 19, 2018
I didn't know you could build up a tolerance to meto, where have you read this?

For a testrun I would take the same dose you would take if you were planning on taking n after.
Doing a testrun with a low dose seems pointless, because only on higher doses is there a risk of eps it seems.

Please keep in mind, I have no training or knowledge about meto whatsoever and this is just based on using
my common sense. If anybody is more knowledgeable on this topic I'd love to hear their views.

https://en.m.wikibooks.org/wiki/Sui...#Serotonin_blockers:_an_overlooked_complement

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and polyswarm
s_girl

s_girl

Still here?
Sep 13, 2018
I have been searching and researching this question but I have yet to find an answer. At this stage, I plan on doing both as I figure that I'm already poisoning myself, what harm could it really do? I haven't heard of anything to suggest too many antiemetics will impact negatively. I'm still trying to find that out though.

I've just read the October PPEH update will have a new chapter just on drugs and vomiting, so hopefully we'll have a more conclusive answer soon.

Apologies if this is throwing a spanner in the works, but I just learned new information from a very legit source, Derek Humphry from ERGO and the author of Final Exit.

"unless a person took anti-emetic pills every hour all day before, vomiting be most likely to follow. Then failure to die"

"a person would take an anti-emetic pill every hour for the previous 12 hours."

So Derek suggests this method multiple times. He seems like he knows his stuff.

Lots of good info here. Check it all out here:
https://assisted-dying.org/blog/200...ose-with-mexican-vet-nembutal/comment-page-1/

What does everyone think of this new development? Has anyone read Final Exit?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and polyswarm
Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
I read that too, would find it difficult to take a pill every hour the day before due to, well, being asleep for some of it. I've always assumed Humphrey to be more trustworthy than Nitschke, who seems a bit snake-oil on occasion. Really not sure how best to proceed and could really do with further advice in terms of prep as l can't afford to get it wrong.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, About_to_Go and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
P

polyswarm

Sep 8, 2018
@s_girl @dartanian
Thanks for sharing, great resources!

So if the test run is done well in advance, (I'm guessing a month or so?), then tolerance won't be a problem.

Also the stat-dose is starting to look a lot less reliable by reading those sites.
I agree with you, Chinaski, that it's not very practical to take a dose every hour for 12 hours.

So far, dosing every 8 hours for 48 hours prior seems like the best method to me.

s_girl

s_girl

Still here?
Sep 13, 2018
@s_girl @dartanian
Thanks for sharing, great resources!

So if the test run is done well in advance, (I'm guessing a month or so?), then tolerance won't be a problem.

Also the stat-dose is starting to look a lot less reliable by reading those sites.
I agree with you, Chinaski, that it's not very practical to take a dose every hour for 12 hours.

So far, dosing every 8 hours for 48 hours prior seems like the best method to me.

I don't think tolerance will be a problem. I'm not sure about who's more trustworthy, I think everyone is on the same team really and there's a lot of individual variables so it's nearly impossible to give tailored advice. I'm just really starting to think the more taken, the better... Hopefully we'll find out more in the new PPEH chapter soon.

P

polyswarm

Sep 8, 2018
I don't think tolerance will be a problem. I'm not sure about who's more trustworthy, I think everyone is on the same team really and there's a lot of individual variables so it's nearly impossible to give tailored advice. I'm just really starting to think the more taken, the better... Hopefully we'll find out more in the new PPEH chapter soon.

In the link dartanian posted there was also talk about testing for an allergic reaction.
Not an issue for me personally, as I've had meto before after a surgery.

Probably a very uncommon allergy, but still worth mentioning imo.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
The problem l have with the 48 hour build up is it gives a long time to back out, I'd be much keener on the stat dose when fully in the right frame of mind to go through with it. As such, I've always considered the stat dose to be the better option, not happy to read it can lead to failure.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and NumbItAll
P

polyswarm

Sep 8, 2018
The problem l have with the 48 hour build up is it gives a long time to back out, I'd be much keener on the stat dose when fully in the right frame of mind to go through with it. As such, I've always considered the stat dose to be the better option, not happy to read it can lead to failure.

Yea, I feel exactly the same way. Might end up just wasting the few meto pills I have. Luckily they're not that hard to come by.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
Anyone any suggestions on alternatives to metroclopramide. Can only get them on prescription in UK? Thanks

P

polyswarm

Sep 8, 2018
Anyone any suggestions on alternatives to metroclopramide. Can only get them on prescription in UK? Thanks

I bought them from a seller from Greece on eBay, the link was posted somewhere on the forum. The stuff goes by the brand name Primperan.

N

Nova

May 26, 2018
Yep. This actually happened to me. Started the dosing every 8 hours 2 days before, changed my mind during that period.. And now I have one bottle that is already opened ( because I wanted to evaluate the taste before ).
Luckily, I still have enough meto for a second try, and an opened bottle is supposed to be good until expiration date ( hopefully)

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and About_to_Go
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
I always thought that 30mg an hour before is ample. Could this cause a failure?
Peace

T

Tidus

Nov 12, 2018
What is the latest state here?

C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
Hi are metroclopramide, stemetil and domperidone the only suitable anti emetics? Thanks

throwaway777

throwaway777

一人、部屋で、独り。
Oct 3, 2018
any news?

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
Moony21

Moony21

Experienced
Nov 23, 2018
Maybe it helps someone out there:

I could get over the boss of my sister (veterinarian) Paspertin (Meto) in 10mg Tab. I increased the intake to 50mg. At 50mg I had heart rhythm discomfort. I had a very high pulse and I was a bit dizzy. but it was to endure for me. Personally, I will not take too high a dose of Meto at one time.

something else about the liquid meto, that is no longer sold in Switzerland. So Dignitas will not be able to work with the Liquid Meto for much longer, I think.

Reactions: Tidus and Lifeisatrap
s_girl

s_girl

Still here?
Sep 13, 2018
I read that too, would find it difficult to take a pill every hour the day before due to, well, being asleep for some of it. I've always assumed Humphrey to be more trustworthy than Nitschke, who seems a bit snake-oil on occasion. Really not sure how best to proceed and could really do with further advice in terms of prep as l can't afford to get it wrong.

I've read extensively on this subject now and I feel the most confident with the system used in a Guide to a Humane Self-Chosen Death. I have chosen this for myself based on the authors, and their credentials are the most trustworthy and credible. This is just my opinion of course and every one needs to do their own research. The hard part is trying to choose from all the conflicting suggestions, but I guess it hasn't been researched like most medical fields and it's impossible to cater for each individual anyway...

That book suggests (on Page 27):

'The first choice of anti-emetics is Metoclopramide. Over a period of 36 hours, every 6-8 hours take one tablet of 10 mg. The last tablet should be taken one hour before the planned ingesting of the pills... One can continue to eat normally until 12 hours before taking lethal drugs. It is important to not eat any more (after this time), so that the stomach is empty. This encourages the assimilation of these drugs into the body. One can continue to drink normally and can take a biscuit or cracker 30 minutes before the swallowing of the lethal substances.'

I think this has been the most comprehensive and well researched (with sources included) of the information I've read on all the important topics. I'd recommend reading it, if you haven't already.

Have you decided which method you will use yet and how did you choose?

Last edited:
Reactions: Science Is Scary
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
I've read extensively on this subject now and I feel the most confident with the system used in a Guide to a Humane Self-Chosen Death. I have chosen this for myself based on the authors, and their credentials are the most trustworthy and credible. This is just my opinion of course and every one needs to do their own research. The hard part is trying to choose from all the conflicting suggestions, but I guess it hasn't been researched like most medical fields and it's impossible to cater for each individual anyway...

That book suggests (on Page 27):

'The first choice of anti-emetics is Metoclopramide. Over a period of 36 hours, every 6-8 hours take one tablet of 10 mg. The last tablet should be taken one hour before the planned ingesting of the pills... One can continue to eat normally until 12 hours before taking lethal drugs. It is important to not eat any more (after this time), so that the stomach is empty. This encourages the assimilation of these drugs into the body. One can continue to drink normally and can take a biscuit or cracker 30 minutes before the swallowing of the lethal substances.'

I think this has been the most comprehensive and well researched (with sources included) of the information I've read on all the important topics. I'd recommend reading it, if you haven't already.

Have you decided which method you will use yet and how did you choose?
Thank you so much for sharing your research and your thinking on this. I think going with this approach makes sense.

Reactions: Dead Meat