• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Sigh_Sigh_Sigh

Sigh_Sigh_Sigh

Mar 9, 2023
I feel like someday soon I'll CTB but have never tried antidepressants, do they do much of anything? Are they worth a go?

Is there certain antidepressants you would recommend or stay clear of?

Gaga786

Gaga786

The Odds Are Never In My favour
May 3, 2020
It depends. They can do wonders for some people, but may not work for others. It's your choice. If you think that you need them, then give them a try. If not, nobody will force you. My opinion, try them if they don't suit you, you can stop taking them and tell that to your psychiatrist. Usually they should be the last resort. if you have exhausted all other options, then go for it. Remember that no one can fill in your shoes in this world, you are unique and are worthy of love. Do what your heart tells you to. We will be supporting you alongside :). Take care of yourself, and I wish you the best

Reactions: Caramelized
Illidan77

Illidan77

╰━≪ - ≫─╯
Nov 22, 2022
It kinda different for each person, i think at one time trintellix seems help me (not sure if it's placebo cause my issue is more benzo addiction) but my friend has horrible side effect from it and they use other antidepressant, i kinda forgot though it's either fluoxetine or sertraline. But i would recommend to give it a try and find one that works.

D

DerOesi

Killed by Psychiatry
Mar 21, 2023
I took antidepressants for mild anxiety and ocd. Both of which werent super debilitating. I am suffeering from horrible potentially permanent side effects right now which make me suicidal. I think psychotropic mediction carries an extreme risk.

S

sadjenny

Student
Feb 13, 2023
I've taken many antidepressants. My experience has been that they will pause suicidal ideation or at least greatly temper it if you wish to have time to think about it. They're good for anxiety and OCD type disorders. But ironically enough, they've done fuck all for actual depression (for me!). I just simply came to not care about anything. Nothing. I lived in a state of perpetual boredom. On antidepressants, I once got into a car accident and felt not a single moment of anxiety or fear about my broken arm. It was eerie and sad. I did not feel human.

That said, if you have ANY inclination to wanna try an antidepressant before or instead of ctb, you should! Antidepressants are like...shoes. You might have to try several until you find one that works "good". I was never able to do so, but you might. And it's worth a try. Your Life is worth a try.

Reactions: m1v
D

Danielwc

Mar 21, 2023
I was in a hopeless place back in the year 2000. Horrendous anxiety and depression. My Dr prescribed Paroxatine (Paxil). After two weeks it was the sun came out, the birds started singing and I could live again. Unfortunately I was just fed ever increasing doses of this antidepressant without any therapy and eventually, after 20 years they stopped working I had a breakdown. They are brilliant drugs but make sure you use them as a temporary solution as they do tend to just 'kick the can down the road'.

Reactions: Caramelized
pickpocket

pickpocket

insanely cool
Mar 25, 2023
I feel like someday soon I'll CTB but have never tried antidepressants, do they do much of anything? Are they worth a go?

Is there certain antidepressants you would recommend or stay clear of?
honestly if you can think of any alternative to ctb it's worth a shot. once you've ctb there's no other options or chance to get better so you might as well give everything else a shot first before doing something so permanent, but it's up to you. personally antidepressants don't do much for me.