• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Laivirt

Laivirt

No one is going to save you.
Feb 5, 2023
Haven't posted here in a hot minute but after getting lectured by an obnoxious anti-mortalist I thought I'd come back again.

Convo went about how'd you expect: they dismissed my problems on their grounds that I'm a "depressed teenager" therefore I'm not worth taking seriously (I'm an adult lmao), that I'm passing all the pain onto my friends (I don't have any) and family (they know about my previous attempts and never bothered to acknowledge them because they don't care if I die) and that I'm a horrible, selfish person for, god forbid, being mentally ill and not wanting to suffer anymore.

So I figured hey, why not talk about our favorite (or I guess least favorite?) anti-mortalist arguments and why they're stupid. Let's try to have fun here.

• Love
Reactions: worthIess, Ironborn, doormat25 and 6 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
"Life is a gift! You should be grateful to exist."

• Yay!
Reactions: worthIess, SpiritualDeath, Ironborn and 3 others
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
my personal favs are, 'things will get better. just give it time🩷', it's been like this for 98% of my life, Janet, no matter what i've tried. & 'every1 feels like this sometimes, u just have to persevere. be stronger than ur thoughts', somehow i doubt that John, but thx for the extremely useful & not @ all asinine tip.

other favs are anything prolifers use against suicide that's related to religion, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ironborn, divinemistress36, Laivirt and 3 others
kermudgeon

kermudgeon

Exit Through the Gift Shop
Feb 8, 2024
"Everyone feels sad sometimes..."

Reactions: Ironborn, divinemistress36, sserafim and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
my personal favs are, 'things will get better. just give it time🩷', it's been like this for 98% of my life, Janet, no matter what i've tried. & 'every1 feels like this sometimes, u just have to persevere. be stronger than ur thoughts', somehow i doubt that John, but thx for the extremely useful & not @ all asinine tip.

other favs are anything prolifers use against suicide that's related to religion, lol.
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

• Yay!
Reactions: divinemistress36, Laivirt and hikikomorizombie
kermudgeon

kermudgeon

Exit Through the Gift Shop
Feb 8, 2024
Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, pretzelsandballoons, divinemistress36 and 3 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Now that I think about it, I can't think of an anti mortalist argument made by pro lifers that isn't extremely vague. Just like @sserafim here said, I think their stupidest argument is "life is a gift". It's vague like all of their other arguments but it pisses me off the most as it's the one the repeat a lot. They never even clarify why they think life is beautiful, they just say that life is beautiful without anything to clarify that point. They think that their arguments is too much of common sense to bother explaining it. Their ego is annoying
In my case, they aren't too far off the mark when they say that "things will get better". What they failed to acknowledge, however, is that things will get better for me once I'm dead as I'll never have to suffer ever again. During life, however, things will perpetually get worse for me, not better, due to my body deteriorating as well as having to get sucked into work.

Also, "be stronger than your thoughts" isn't applicable to me as my thoughts aren't against me but rather just noticing reality for what it is. The reality of having to work in such a shitty system for the rest of my life just to decay away during old age. It isn't my thoughts which I need to be stronger against but rather life itself. However, since I can't be strong during life, I can instead wish to not participate in it

• Hugs
Reactions: corazon, Zany, kermudgeon and 2 others
Laivirt

Laivirt

Feb 5, 2023
"Life is a gift! You should be grateful to exist."
Worst part is that technically they're not even wrong with that first part - every gift I've ever received was something forced upon me by someone who thought they were doing me a favor. I'm not allowed to reject it or else I'm breaking social etiquette protocol, therefore I'm "rude" for refusing to accept something I never asked for in the first place.

Life sure is a gift LOL

• Love
Reactions: Zany, divinemistress36, fxndi and 3 others
333s

333s

Jan 31, 2024
/offtop i thought the name of this thread was anti-moralist clownery and was surprised to see it on tis site
although i knew some anti-moralists who used to say anti-mortalists things like "you're just weak. otherwise you would've done it already"
and it hits hard ngl..

Reactions: Zany, Laivirt, sserafim and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I cannot stand it when they say things like "suicide is never the answer", it really disgusts me how they believe that other people should continue to suffer no matter what happens. In my case ceasing to exist certainly is the solution, it solves everything, prevents all future suffering and is the way to find peace from the burden of existing as a human. In fact I'd always see it as better to not exist, there's nothing desirable about something so harmful and futile as existence.

All of those pro-life people are just so delusional, all of their so called arguments are nonsensical. And I despise when they say that especially as none of us consented to this existence and aren't obligated to continue, if one wishes to cease existing on their own terms then that's their personal choice, it's none of other people's business.

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, divinemistress36, Laivirt and 3 others
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
They are not stupid arguments in some circumstances. The problem with a lot of these folk is that they are religious, and religious people tend to see everything in absolute terms. They like black and white; they don't understand shades of grey. They don't understand that just because something may be a sensible argument in some circumstances, that doesn't mean it's a sensible argument in everyone's circumstances.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, reclaimedbynature, pretzelsandballoons and 3 others
dinosavr

dinosavr

and if i’m turning blue please don’t save me 🌛
Dec 14, 2023
It was already mentioned today on a different thread but it's also perfect for this one.

"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."
Indeed Karen, death is permanent and that's exactly why I want it. I don't want to feel anything anymore ever again.
And temporary problem? If "lifelong" means "temporary" then I can agree :)

• Love
Reactions: kermudgeon, ijustwishtodie, Ironborn and 3 others
Laivirt

Laivirt

Feb 5, 2023
Now that I think about it, I can't think of an anti mortalist argument made by pro lifers that isn't extremely vague. Just like @sserafim here said, I think their stupidest argument is "life is a gift". It's vague like all of their other arguments but it pisses me off the most as it's the one the repeat a lot.
Honesty I think that's the entire point. Every human being is an individual, therefore every suicide has different reasoning behind it. Mentall illness, disability, terminal illness, breakups, divorce, job loss, despair over the economy or the socialpolitical state of things, to name a few.

The reason why so much advice is just empty platitudes and overgeneralized one-size-fits-all nonsense is because anti-mortalists don't care about you. They never did. They just want to go back to worrying about their own problems instead of other people's, or to go back to their life of privilege and willfully ignore the screams and cries of the less-fortunate-than-them.

It's not an argument but a thought-terminating cliché. They don't want to help you. They want you to stop fucking talking.
Also, "be stronger than your thoughts" isn't applicable to me as my thoughts aren't against me but rather just noticing reality for what it is. The reality of having to work in such a shitty system for the rest of my life just to decay away during old age.
Yup, it's very crucial that anti-mortalists view suicidal people as inherently mentally ill. And do some of them fit that description? Sure. But not all of them. They label all of us as that so they dismiss our opinions on the grounds of us being "insane."

Because the only other option is to acknowledge that suicide is a perfectly normal, rational response to a world and a political system which is inherently hostile to human life. That huge systemic change is needed to address the spike in depression and suicide rates we've been seeing these past few years.

You don't want to be a wageslave for the rest of your life? That's mental illness. Anything that disagrees with me or questions the system? Mental illness. I cannot possibly be wrong.

• Love
Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu, reclaimedbynature, corazon and 3 others
Laivirt

Laivirt

Feb 5, 2023
I'd love seeing/hearing what a therapist would make of you, poor them, they wouldn't stand a chance at pro-life conversion 😁. If you ever ended up in a psych ward you'd lead a revolution to overthrow the whole facility.
Lmfaoooo yeah. @FuneralCry is iconic honestly. I know she's not happy to be here but I haven't used this board in about a year and it's cool to see she's still posting.

Reactions: sserafim, kermudgeon and hikikomorizombie
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
"Suicidal people should never be given the right to choose to die peacefully and painlessly, because if they're suicidal, they're too mentally ill and irrational to make that decision for themselves, because a healthy and rational person would never want to die. Suicidal people should be protected by the healthy and rational people from their own choices."
Grade A circular reasoning here...

What I've also received:
"Your whole philosophy (promortalism) is just suicidal ideation, which is pathetic. You're severely ill and should seek help immediately."

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Venessolotic, Laivirt, Tokugawa_Yoshinobu and 2 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
It was already mentioned today on a different thread but it's also perfect for this one.

"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."
Indeed Karen, death is permanent and that's exactly why I want it. I don't want to feel anything anymore ever again.
And temporary problem? If "lifelong" means "temporary" then I can agree :)
Oh shit, I didn't even think about this one. I take back about saying that their worst argument is "life is a gift" as the one you mentioned is way worse. To me, it's so bad to where it doesn't seem like an anti mortalist argument at all but rather something close to a pro mortalist argument. At least "life is a gift" is anti mortalist no matter how stupid it is. Going back to your quote, I don't understand how the permanence of suicide (hence death) is bad at all. Wouldn't anybody want a permanent solution over a temporary solution?

• Love
Reactions: Laivirt, sserafim and kermudgeon