narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
I recorded this earlier this week. Best place of the (little) city where i live.

View attachment video.mp4

Because people may know castles, forts, walled enclosures, fortress and so because movies, books and TV shows... but how many knows a of those place IRL?
What fortifications do you know guys?

PD: despite this video, i can insure that's just a too vague clue of were i live to track me.

Reactions: Conker, Fragile, Silenos and 3 others
justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
I have never seen a video from Pamplona without bulls (and people) running. :devil:

• Yay!
Reactions: narval
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I prefer ancient sports. Oil wrestling is always fun.

41FD8DA800000578-0-image-a-127_1499085160688.jpg

wrestling-and-boxing.jpg

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Ashu, Hemlock, Silenos and 2 others
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Old Québec is neat, it's like being suddenly transported to europe. Don't worry, it's also safe from Titans, there's a nice wall surroundingthe old city.
chateau-frontenac---old-quebec--96310704-721dc1cd64dc42959ee909b70fe602fb.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Silenos, Ashu and narval
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
Old Québec is neat, it's like being suddenly transported to europe. Don't worry, it's also safe from Titans, there's a nice wall surroundingthe old city.
chateau-frontenac---old-quebec--96310704-721dc1cd64dc42959ee909b70fe602fb.jpg
what a colorful place :)

Reactions: Bootleg Astolfo
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
It also has a canonballivore tree. No one knows why, but considering how many cannons are scattered throughout the entire city, it's not that surprising.
That poor metal ball's been being vored for the laste who knows how long.
Cannonball1.jpg

Reactions: Smart No More and narval
davidgeorge

davidgeorge

Experienced
Dec 21, 2021
There's a Roman road near my house according to old maps but it was destroyed by building works. Looks like it was only maybe 500 metres long in the maps from the early 1900s.

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Devils Bridge is really cool. Great piece of engineering from our ancestors. Really thin and leaves a full circle illusion as a result of its reflection in the water. I'm a bit paranoid about exif data so I haven't posted a pic but a search in a search engine of choice will bring up an image in the first page of results.

There's actually a series of bridges named devils bridge and they have various myths based around them but there's a couple of them that clearly stand out as amazing feats of architecture. Some of the myths claim a devil built. I don't buy into that but they're beautiful to look at in their own merit.

Last edited:
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
Not much ancient here, since whitey has only been around a few centuries and destroyed most of the more permanent stuff the Indigenous had around in their wake...

• Hugs
Reactions: Alayna and narval