G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I fully understand what is socially acceptable and I can perform to a high degree socially irl yet do not bother as friendships with meat bags and relationships have never made me feel better at all and only worse.
My problem here is that I assumed the internet culture would be more similar to anything but reddit.
I do not make the same jokes or interact the same as I would normally but then I make mistakes for not evaluating correctly just how sensitive people are.
An example is me playfully shitting on someones music tastes only to find out that it actually upset them.
Instead of saying "Your listen to faggot shit" I said "you like X -10 respect" but now I know that even toning myself down can be wrong as it is the very opinion which is offensive not how it is phrasedunless I decided to be entirely superficial and sugar coat everything.
I guess the problem I see here is there is no social benefit to toning down a cruel comment into a nasty comment. Wouldn't it be easier and more socially beneficial to just leave a reaction and say nothing at all if the only thing you can think of is hurtful?

Reactions: hoping to lose hope and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Y'all see the pattern repeated in multiple threads?

Bait, troll, blame for sensitivity, troll, act dumb, troll, spin, troll, bring up Reddit, troll, meme, troll, say emotionally and intelectually intelligent things to mix it up, troll, tell others to calm down, troll, say something to get genuine pity and concern and then turn around and abuse again and oil it up to be slick enough to slide uphill.

But be careful calling it out or being indignant, because you'll get the warning and not the troll.

Tenor

Tenor 1

0e4bf038a48bafcdff42af6b822337dc

Images 19

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: raindrops, Silenos, demuic and 4 others
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
Wouldn't it be easier and more socially beneficial to just leave a reaction and say nothing at all if the only thing you can think of is hurtful?
100% I should never have said anything negative about someone elses music to begin with and at most ignored or mentioned I am not fond of that style.
I actually thought it was cool that he liked underground emo as I enjoy the same music but instead of doing that decided to mention I did not like his music and that makes no sense.
You are spot on.

shy

shy

Student
Aug 23, 2020
4chan and reddit have been mentioned a lot, but what internet communities have you actually been a part of? Your lingo is pretty distinct, from what I have seen in this thread and in others. I'd like to know where you picked up that way of interacting online.

Also, you've been here for a relatively short while, how come you've posted so much? Just curious as to if you have a goal or just like using the forum.

I'd be inclined to just pass it off as trolling too, but your background and motives might explain things.

Reactions: AutoTap and Sensei
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
4chan and reddit have been mentioned a lot, but what internet communities have you actually been a part of? Your lingo is pretty distinct, from what I have seen in this thread and in others. I'd like to know where you picked up that way of interacting online.

Also, you've been here for a relatively short while, how come you've posted so much? Just curious as to if you have a goal or just like using the forum.

I'd be inclined to just pass it off as trolling too, but your background and motives might explain things.
I have been a part of many internet communities :3

I do like posting in the forum and seeing other people feel as I do.
I have had trouble sleeping and decided to just post on here in those days I was awake.
I post whilst searching for music to listen to.

What possible goal could people have to post a lot.
My brain mish is not tingling for the past week so I am unable to read anything I enjoy or write as it requires thinking.. which I cannot do.
Confirmed brainlet

StringPuppet

StringPuppet

Lost
Oct 5, 2020
I fully understand what is socially acceptable and I can perform to a high degree socially irl yet do not bother as friendships with meat bags and relationships have never made me feel better at all and only worse.
My problem here is that I assumed the internet culture would be more similar to anything but reddit.
I do not make the same jokes or interact the same as I would normally but then I make mistakes for not evaluating correctly just how sensitive people are.
An example is me playfully shitting on someones music tastes only to find out that it actually upset them.
Instead of saying "Your listen to faggot shit" I said "you like X -10 respect" but now I know that even toning myself down can be wrong as it is the very opinion which is offensive not how it is phrasedunless I decided to be entirely superficial and sugar coat everything.

You're still calling people sensitive? You sure you're just not insensitive?

• Love
Reactions: Sensei, Good4Nothing, GoodPersonEffed and 1 other person
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

Nov 14, 2020
@Momentai Being insensitive and thinking others are overly sensitive can exist mutually.
I have already said my apologies and shown I am aware of the problem there is not much I can do now without changing my behaviour.

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
He has been given the ban hammer it seems

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and Xiaomi
X

Xiaomi

Gone.
Aug 8, 2020
I'm sorry @hoping to lose hope. You had your moments.

Reactions: Good4Nothing and AutoTap
raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
I think he is a boy I seen some f his other posts that indicate male gender.

that did make me laugh though.

im also unsure if this person was really trolling... hmm. maybe they just didnt know how to communicate in a sensitive way, still not nice to have around here, obviously was around 16 years old, or old enough to know better.

Reactions: Good4Nothing
raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
I have been a part of many internet communities :3

I do like posting in the forum and seeing other people feel as I do.
I have had trouble sleeping and decided to just post on here in those days I was awake.
I post whilst searching for music to listen to.

What possible goal could people have to post a lot.
My brain mish is not tingling for the past week so I am unable to read anything I enjoy or write as it requires thinking.. which I cannot do.
Confirmed brainlet
I change my mind, who searches up a forum like ss to just "shitpost" on :( completely unfair.
actually I dont know... I just dont know. they seem to love "memeing" like its some way to laugh off how they truly feel, i dont know.
anyway it doesnt matter now and im sure they have other forums to go back too, so.

Reactions: Good4Nothing
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I change my mind, who searches up a forum like ss to just "shitpost" on :( completely unfair.
actually I dont know... I just dont know. they seem to love "memeing" like its some way to laugh off how they truly feel, i dont know.

If you're confused about whether someone is a shitposting troll, you've been trolled.

Reactions: raindrops
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
When I was 15-16, I used to be on a forum for some video game and said a lot of stuff like they did so I can see where they're coming from when they say they weren't trolling. Lots of people called me a troll for things I was saying that I thought was just me being myself and I never got it until much later why they would say that even though trolling was never really my intention. For this reason, I suspect this user is the same age but I didn't want to challenge them because it's equally possible they're just a naive 18-19 year old but still.

Reactions: raindrops
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
When I was 15-16, I used to be on a forum for some video game and said a lot of stuff like they did so I can see where they're coming from when they say they weren't trolling. Lots of people called me a troll for things I was saying that I thought was just me being myself and I never got it until much later why they would say that even though trolling was never really my intention. For this reason, I suspect this user is the same age but I didn't want to challenge them because it's equally possible they're just a naive 18-19 year old but still.

Ima have to disagree with you. They had a distinct pattern of behavior in multiple threads. They'd push the line really far and then suddenly be like, "Don't hurt me, I have _______ reason," and as soon as someone would give them the benefit of the doubt, they'd do something even shittier, like saying "faggot." It was constant plausible deniability draped around utter toxicity. I mean, look at their avatar. It was always a game with shielding behind pity traps. They're not naive, they're calculated. Compare their posts to the manipulation tactics thread OP, it was all bob and weave with them.

If that's how this person is irl, they're going to get a major, hospitalization-worthy ass-kicking one day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Good4Nothing, Dr Iron Arc and raindrops
raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
Ima have to disagree with you. They had a distinct pattern of behavior in multiple threads. They'd push the line really far and then suddenly be like, "Don't hurt me, I have _______ reason," and as soon as someone would give them the benefit of the doubt, they'd do something even shittier, like saying "faggot." It was constant plausible deniability draped around utter toxicity. I mean, look at their avatar. It was always a game with shielding behind pity traps.

If that's how this person is irl, they're going to get a major, hospitalization-worthy ass-kicking one day.
Yeah reading it all that makes sense.
You always make sense of things and give good advice, you see through the bullshit as well, I really enjoy your posts.

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Ima have to disagree with you. They had a distinct pattern of behavior in multiple threads. They'd push the line really far and then suddenly be like, "Don't hurt me, I have _______ reason," and as soon as someone would give them the benefit of the doubt, they'd do something even shittier, like saying "faggot." It was constant plausible deniability draped around utter toxicity. I mean, look at their avatar. It was always a game with shielding behind pity traps. They're not naive, they're calculated. Compare their posts to the manipulation tactics thread OP, it was all bob and weave with them.

That could totally be the case then. I'll admit I had only seen a fraction of the many threads and replies they produced over the course of like two weeks. For example, I never saw whatever post they said that f-word in but I did laugh when they said "coomer".

• Hugs
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
That could totally be the case then. I'll admit I had only seen a fraction of the many threads and replies they produced over the course of like two weeks. For example, I never saw whatever post they said that f-word in but I did laugh when they said "coomer".

They said that word in this thread.

They would also occasionally drop a post that was intellectually and emotionally highly intelligent. It was all a game.

• Wow
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
They said that word in this thread.

They would also occasionally drop a post that was intellectually and emotionally highly intelligent. It was all a game.
And on this page too. Whoops. I'm so embarrassed. :ahhha:

• Hugs