Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
As my grandmother called me earlier to remind me that she finished making one of my favorite childhood meals, I stop. I begin to think of how weak I am. I am reminded (though r/cptsd) that the only true way to heal is to go no contact with those who harmed and enabled abuse throughout your life. Even limited contact has its limitations as cutting off everyone who harmed you is best. And that isn't something I am able to financially and emotionally do rn

Maybe it's the reason why I havent done enough deep dives into my trauma. Maybe it's why I am not doing enough with medication. I know I need to leave, but I can't rn. I feel bad for making choices that keep me more enabled with them. Like something is wrong with me for not doing the no contact I should be doing

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
It's hard as fuck. Societies are artificially made so you have zero support outside family structures. (Something to keep in mind, when people wax poetic about the importance of family)

So people have to find replacements for that financial/emotional support. Or roll the dice with homelessness. Maybe some potentially abusive relationship with someone who doesn't understand what they're getting into, and may start despising you because [insert dumb-species reason here]

Water-Lily

Water-Lily

Enlightened
Dec 26, 2020
It's hard as fuck. Societies are artificially made so you have zero support outside family structures. (Something to keep in mind, when people wax poetic about the importance of family)

So people have to find replacements for that financial/emotional support. Or roll the dice with homelessness. Maybe some potentially abusive relationship with someone who doesn't understand what they're getting into, and may start despising you because [insert dumb-species reason here]
exactly. I do have friends but no one I'd feel I want to room with (working on getting a studio). And it's easy when you have a history of abuse to find yourself in more abusive situations to escape. So, as much as I want the freedom, I have to mindful that my past will put me in bad situations if I am not careful

• Love
Reactions: SexyIncél