• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
majority of teenagers and young adults battle depression and mental issues because during these important years its their first time in life they dealing with these issues on that level and they mistakenly think it means their rest of their lives will be unbearable . remember 18 19 20 are young young adults and dont have much experience. the brain only develops fully at 25.
Someone with a not fully developed brain and first time life experience who has a whole life ahead should not make such a decision. Or else every single teen and young adults will be suiciding left and right. we should not encourage that. we should instead teach them to be adults because its their first time in their entire lives theyre actually adults. i do disagree with any young adult and teen commiting suicide yes.
This seems to be a contentious subject. I have to agree with you, @HermitLonerGuy. I'm older than most folks here. I'm 53 and managed to graduate college in four years, even though I had a kid when I'd just turned 18. This isn't to brag or anything, but I put my head down and did what I had to do. My mental health came crashing down in my early 20s, shortly after I graduated. I was living in Austin, at that time, working for The Talking Books Program. My then-husband was a schizophrenic, un-medicated and having an affair.

I started cutting myself. I couldn't see straight. It got so bad one night, that ex-husband called the cops, who came to our house and told me I would go to Hell, if I killed myself. My ex took me to a private hospital, where I stayed for several weeks. I had great care with a really good shrink. He helped me see that I had undergone some kind of "arrested development," in addition to my official diagnoses. I'd delayed my natural development because of my early marriage and pregnancy. Now, it was catching up with me. I miss that doctor. He was really insightful.

All this to say, I do worry about really young people here, the ones who want to off themselves over one incident, one break-up. Sometimes, things do get better. My life was pretty good for about 25 years, after I met Mark, who died last year. I don't want to upset the younger people here. I have a lot of friends here, some very young. And I'm lucky that I have my method ready to go. I just don't want any person to make the ultimate decision rashly. Because there's no going back, no time to reflect, once you've pulled that trigger.

• Hugs
Reactions: betternever2havbeen
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
the brain only develops fully at 25.
SaSu's administrator joined in her early 20s and is still a young adult

The 25 yr old myth needs heavy skepticism. For centuries, people abused biological measurements to justify actions against different races, genders, etc. But fine: let's ban older people because their brains degenerate

I think we're gaslighting ourselves. People say SaSu's deadly. I think it's the opposite. Society's deadly. SaSu's just a last stop. We talk about wageslavery, relationships, shrinks, etc. Suicide's hard and we're always advising each other not to ctb if possible

SaSu reduces suffering in two ways: make ctb unnecessary, and make ctb safe if necessary. SaSu people fixed my problem. If I were banned, I'd be dead

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, demuic, İnilerim and 2 others
redbathingduck

redbathingduck

Student
Mar 20, 2023
I don't think doing something like raising an age limit and keeping younger people (like me) off the site really makes sense. People don't really choose to be suicidal or have suicidal thoughts, like that has nothing to do with age. I personally think gatekeeping the age of when it's 'justified' to ctb is dumb as well, I think it's always up to the individual themselves to make that choice and it's silly to me to compare our suffering. Besides, this is one of the only places people can go to honestly discuss their suicidal thoughts or ideation without being judged (or well it should be that way but...)

• Love
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, strawberrysuffering, mystical and 1 other person
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
SaSu's administrator joined in her early 20s and is still a young adult

The 25 yr old myth needs heavy skepticism. For centuries, people abused biological measurements to justify actions against different races, genders, etc. But fine: let's ban older people because their brains degenerate

I think we're gaslighting ourselves. People say SaSu's deadly. I think it's the opposite. Society's deadly. SaSu's just a last stop. We talk about wageslavery, relationships, shrinks, etc. Suicide's hard and we're always advising each other not to ctb if possible

SaSu reduces suffering in two ways: make ctb unnecessary, and make ctb safe if necessary. SaSu people fixed my problem. If I were banned, I'd be dead
I'm going to bow out of this thread. I'll still be on the site, but I can't waste my last days arguing about age-limits. I've got shit to do. See me on my threads, friends.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: İnilerim, HermitLonerGuy, redbathingduck and 1 other person
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Hope your last days are as crazy beautiful as possible. Hope I wasn't abrasive, sorry if I was! 😬

Last edited:
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
Hope your last days are as crazy beautiful as possible. Hope I wasn't abrasive, sorry if I was! 😬
Don't worry about it. I can get salty, sometimes, too. One of my favorite sayings is, "If three people call you a horse, buy yourself a saddle." It helps me check myself.

• Love
Reactions: SexyIncél
MewtwoIsAlive

MewtwoIsAlive

Suffering
Jul 11, 2020
I'd bet most aren't even serious. They're just passing through. They'll move on in a day or two to something else that catches their fancy.

This and there teens and stupid people everywhere, you cant do anything.
I started browsing this website before 21 and became suicidial before 18. Besides, people can always fake their age.

İnilerim

İnilerim

Dec 28, 2018
You're leaving out the context of my response. The whole discussion revolved around why children should or should not have access to this site, and my point was that if children could ctb peacefully and easily, then they would often be doing it over trivial matters because they can't handle the momentary suffering that they are feeling over something that is very short-term; that it isn't necessarily their fault either because they haven't developed enough, but it would cause a domino effect of (possibly a life-time) suffering towards others who are still living.
I think that a "momentary" desire to ctb, regardless of the reason (whether something is trivial or not isn't really for 3rd parties to judge IMO) is not limited to children or teenagers as you would suggest. However, I am personally fine with having a "waiting period" of, let's say, 2-3 years during which time you'd be able to cancel the procedure, to weed out people acting in a moment of intense emotions. AFAIK that is also how it's done in jurisdictions with legal euthanasia.

I'm curious what exactly you mean by this (if you don't mind elaborating).
I mean that you cannot control the attachment other people feel towards you. In fact, I'll use the story you told as an example: The fact that the boy was madly in love with his ex did not morally obligate her to be together with him, and she didn't "kill him" as those bullies claimed.
Even though the break up greatly hurt him, she cannot be made responsible for that hurt. Similarily, you cannot make others be responsible for any potential pain they may cause to loved ones by ctb'ing.

I'm interested in what your view on my story is (this is a true story btw)
My view is that kids are assholes and the story wouldn't have been different if instead of ctb'ing, he'd just told some people about the pain he felt and then the mob would take it as justification for bullying her since she "hurt him deeply". Also, I feel like if the boy knew what would happen to his ex as a result of the letter, he'd never have included that bit about his unrequited love being the reason.

Reactions: SamTam33
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
This and there teens and stupid people everywhere, you cant do anything.
I started browsing this website before 21 and became suicidial before 18. Besides, people can always fake their age.
All very true. I had a brief episode with CTB when I was around 16. I retrieved my father's gun and was going to kill myself over a break-up, but ended up, obviously, not doing so. More than likely I would have just severely injured and maimed myself since the gun was only a .22 caliber. I rode the pain of the break-up out and just moved on like most are able to do. Today, though, forty years later, is a much different story, as life itself has had more time to beat me down and the amount of things to look forward to in the future isn't the same as those being seen through a 16 year-old's eyes.