• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

waRmblanket

waRmblanket

she/her - trying my best, hoping it’s enough.
Mar 16, 2023
this is @nonialabaster. I'm trying to shut down, while I wait for my SN, but I feel like an asshole, because I'm reporting accounts that are clearly started by teens. They've got 4-chan. And, all of Reddit.

This is a site for adults-only right? I think the age-limit should be lifted to 21, at least.

Too many "How do I starve myself?" posts. "How do I go out in the most gory way possible?" posts.

I love this community. It's the only one I have left, and I've talked to some wonderful folks here. I don't want to lose it. I've got eight days left. Just try to do something about the new accounts that start asking, right off, about these ridiculous methods.

Thank you, and Godspeed. :halo:
As someone who's under 21, I try to act as mature and honest as possible because it's the only place I can be. I wouldn't want to fuck up the only venting place I have. As for the current age requirement, I try to report anyone under it

Reactions: aticeret, Bleh, Myforevercharlie and 2 others
GasMonkey

GasMonkey

Nitrogen Master Race
May 15, 2022
I think the age-limit should be lifted to 21, at least.
you don't have full brain-development until you are 25.
So 18 year-olds can join the military, go to war and kill people with their weapons, but shouldn't have access to a suicide forum? :pfff:

Btw this is a recurrent theme here, an old folk (who wants to CTB) posting that young people shouldn't CTB or shouldn't have access to the forum, it's a Classic. :haha:

The option to CTB should so be A RIGHT for every adult of sound mind (with mental capacity to understand the consequences of their actions), no gatekeeping at all.

Somebody who wants to CTB wanting to gatekeep CTB for others (based on age or whatever) is the most absurd thing I have ever seen in my life, you guys are the epitome of hypocrisy.​

• Love
Reactions: aticeret, leap_from_life, Salvation_ and 14 others
CentreMid

CentreMid

Sorry
Aug 23, 2018
I was being a little heavy worded and a bit drunk to be honest. I tend to over express and say cynical shit when being humourous to myself but, angry sounding to others maybe? 😶
I'm not quite sure I follow. I didn't see what you'd originally replied to my post with, sorry
Was this in regards to what I said?!
It may have been a response to what I'd said, however, because I said I didn't want to argue, OP hasn't tagged me directly, which I both appreciate and respect

Edit: I think OP meant their thoughts in general not being directed to a specific user they were talking to, even though the other user falls within the target demographic of OP's thoughts (as in, the other user is currently of age but is on the younger end of the user base and wouldn't meet the requirements if the age restriction was lifted to 21)

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I will never be able to understand the obsession that some people have on here with interfering with the personal decisons of other people. It's nothing to do with anybody else if somebody wants to die and if you take issue with threads on here then nobody is forcing you to read them. And this thread makes little sense to me, just because some people post about unreliable methods isn't a genuine reason to want to deny some people the right to die.

There are no valid reasons to deny anyone a right to die. Many people who come on this site are quite desperate and don't really know how this site works, like they cannot access the search function straightaway and as they are a new member they have limited method knowledge which can explain why they may post about an obviously unreliable method. I mean after all, we exist in a world that denies us peaceful suicide method options, you might be able to get SN but not everyone can die that easily. Being desperate to die isn't limited to younger people and I've seen older people ask about starvation before.

So therefore to me, your post just comes across as a pro life post, it's simply none of your business if other people want to die and it's very invalidating to want to deny certain people a right to die all because of insensitive stereotypes. I'm not sure you would really like it if other people dismissed your wish to die and say that it's not valid so maybe don't do it to others.

If it was up to me this site wouldn't have any age limit at all, there shouldn't be an age limit to suicide, as I believe that the right to die is a basic human right, that everyone who exists in this world has. It's not your place to determine who's wish to die is valid or not, everybody's is.

It's extreme cruelty to want to force someone to stay trapped in this hellish world against their wishes. I'm sorry but existing isn't an obligation, we are only here because selfish people decided to procreate, people shouldn't have to pay the price for the irresponsible actions of others to force life here. It's like you forget that very young people have the ability to suffer extremely as well, all humans have the capacity to be tormented in this chaotic world where chance so cruelly determines everything, and anyway not everyone wants to stay here.

Why should people have to suffer for any longer than they wish to just because you say so, you might value life but you have no right to force your beliefs onto others. I'm 22 but I posted on this site when I was 20. Even back then and even before then I was well aware of the fact that life is a completely futile process, where only suffering, loss and decay are inevitable. I've had awareness since a young age and I could never be delusional enough to want to exist in this world filled with risks and harm.

You assume that existing is the more rational option but I disagree. People can live if they want to and enjoy suffering, I have no problem with their choice but you cannot experience life the same way as other people so you should have no say in it. For me, suicide is self care and if one wishes for permanent nonexistence instead of existing in this cruel world then that is their right.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: rei71, leap_from_life, Bleh and 13 others
A

Already Gone now

Oct 15, 2022
That's what I figured, I didn't intend to sound like a dick saying my opinion on the younger crew... I apologize if it came off as anything other than crass, cynical humor.😔
That's what I figured, I didn't intend to sound like a dick saying my opinion on the younger crew... I apologize if it came off as anything other than crass, cynical humor.😔
My fucked up sense of wordplay and funny shit I try be minorly reductive in my words, I don't have a filter per se... probably why I don't have any real life friends.
I'm gonna be a bit biased because I'm 19, but please don't increase the age limit. This site has given me so much peace and I have met some truly wonderful people here. I wished I had found this earlier.
I hate to admit it, but if I found this site when I was below 18, there's a non zero chance I lie about it and join anyways.

But yea I agree with the rest. I hope you can find your peace soon.
And I feel I may owe you an apology on my cynical humor and shit talking about TikTok and reddit and I may have looked like I was indirectly inferring you by saying about the problems teens can cause if left unchecked. I was on a half drunk, saying funny crass shit to add some momentum to my little rant. I apologize if you thought I meant you. I wasn't targeting you.

My fucked up sense of wordplay and funny shit I try be minorly reductive in my words, I don't have a filter per se... probably why I don't have any real life friends.

And I feel I may owe you an apology on my cynical humor and shit talking about TikTok and reddit and I may have looked like I was indirectly inferring you by saying about the problems teens can cause if left unchecked. I was on a half drunk, saying funny crass shit to add some momentum to my little rant. I apologize if you thought I meant you. I wasn't targeting you.
Maybe this might help, Hi, nice to meet you, I'm John.

Maybe this might help, Hi, nice to meet you, I'm John.

Last edited:
Rob1984

Rob1984

A day in the life
Jan 8, 2021
I will never be able to understand the obsession that some people have on here with interfering with the personal decisons of other people. It's nothing to do with anybody else if somebody wants to die and if you take issue with threads on here then nobody is forcing you to read them. And this thread makes little sense to me, just because some people post about unreliable methods isn't a genuine reason to want to deny some people the right to die.

There are no valid reasons to deny anyone a right to die. Many people who come on this site are quite desperate and don't really know how this site works, like they cannot access the search function straightaway and as they are a new member they have limited method knowledge which can explain why they may post about an obviously unreliable method. I mean after all, we exist in a world that denies us peaceful suicide method options, you might be able to get SN but not everyone can die that easily. Being desperate to die isn't limited to younger people and I've seen older people ask about starvation before.

So therefore to me, your post just comes across as a pro life post, it's simply none of your business if other people want to die and it's very invalidating to want to deny certain people a right to die all because of insensitive stereotypes. I'm not sure you would really like it if other people dismissed your wish to die and say that it's not valid so maybe don't do it to others.

If it was up to me this site wouldn't have any age limit at all, there shouldn't be an age limit to suicide, as I believe that the right to die is a basic human right, that everyone who exists in this world has. It's not your place to determine who's wish to die is valid or not, everybody's is.

It's extreme cruelty to want to force someone to stay trapped in this hellish world against their wishes. I'm sorry but existing isn't an obligation, we are only here because selfish people decided to procreate, people shouldn't have to pay the price for the irresponsible actions of others to force life here. It's like you forget that very young people have the ability to suffer extremely as well, all humans have the capacity to be tormented in this chaotic world where chance so cruelly determines everything, and anyway not everyone wants to stay here.

Why should people have to suffer for any longer than they wish to just because you say so, you might value life but you have no right to force your beliefs onto others. I'm 22 but I posted on this site when I was 20. Even back then and even before then I was well aware of the fact that life is a completely futile process, where only suffering, loss and decay are inevitable. I've had awareness since a young age and I could never be delusional enough to want to exist in this world filled with risks and harm.

You assume that existing is the more rational option but I disagree. People can live if they want to and enjoy suffering, I have no problem with their choice but you cannot experience life the same way as other people so you should have no say in it. For me, suicide is self care and if one wishes for permanent nonexistence instead of existing in this cruel world then that is their right.

The problem with children is they psychological cannot grasp how short term and/or trivial a lot of their problems are. If there was a pill that everyone was granted from the day they were born, and that pill when swallowed enabled somebody to die incredibly peaceful and immediately, what you would find is a ton of kids killing themselves over the dumbest shit imaginable. That isn't to imply that kids don't truly suffer, or that kids do not have legitimate problems; it's more about how kids often overreact. Anybody who has kids, remembers being a kid, or works with kids, knows how dramatic they are. And that isn't even their fault, because they psychologically cannot grasp how short term/trivial their problem is.

Why is any of what I am saying relevant though? It's because ctb, in itself, has the potential to cause a lot of other people serious suffering. You started your reply with "It's nothing to do with anybody else if somebody wants to die." That statement is you being either disingenuous (or naive). A person's death can be greatly intertwined to the people close to them. Your entire argument revolves around individual freedom and how people shouldn't cause others to suffer by preventing ctb, yet you simultaneously and ironically are okay with causing suffering onto others when one chooses to ctb. The way you argue on behalf of one's right to ctb gives off a sense that the death and all of the repercussions to it exist in a vacuum that is exclusive to the person who dies, but that just isn't true. I think it's a dangerous game to push aside the domino effect of suffering that ctb has on the people who are still living. Your ideology promotes apathy towards others, which in my opinion, is one of the main reasons most of us are on this forum to begin with: a result of lack of empathy and understanding from our peers/family/society/etc. But I'm sure your response is just going to be somewhere along the lines of "no, the reason we are all on this forum is because we were born, and life is purely suffering." If that is your overall response, then there isn't anything I could possibly reply with because it's a matter of beliefs at that point. It'd be like people arguing over why their god/religion is more correct than somebody elses.

I am curious if you think it is okay for somebody to go into a public space (say an amusement park or shopping center) and just blow their own brains out in front of everybody? If you are going to say that this person blowing their brains out in public is immoral because of the trauma and suffering it will cause to all the innocent people around them, then I would be curious why that type of suffering would be immoral to you but not the suffering ctb in general causes to loved ones. In both scenarios, you are causing suffering towards the ones who are still "choosing to live" as you often put it. But on the otherhand, if you actually are okay with this scenario that I presented, then that would align with your freedom ideology, yet it would still be contradicting your view that we shouldn't cause others to suffer more than they already are. Or another hypothetical: say a mother and father (who have a newborn) make terrible financial decisions and end up being in a very deep hole with debt, is it immoral for them to decide to both ctb to avoid paying the debt, and as result their newborn dies in their empty house b/c nobody knew the parents ctb and therefore couldn't save the kid? If ctb is purely an individuals freedom, and its repercussions towards the living is irrelevant, then it shouldn't matter what happens to the newborn, b/c both parents had the right to ctb, regardless of what suffering it caused another person.

I do realize these hypotheticals are quite intense (even though they do both occasionally happen in the world), but the reason I presented them is because I'm curious where you draw the line with someone's freedom towards ctb? I am also curious where you draw the line with how much suffering we can morally cause other people when we choose to ctb?

I hope you do respond b/c I am genuinely curious what your view is.

(For the record, I don't consider myself pro-life or pro-ctb, but rather someone who falls in the middle of a topic that I consider to be incredibly complex; I don't see the issue of suicide as a pure dichotomy, where you either 100% support it or 100% against it. But that is also just how I approach most matters in life.)

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Archness, katagiri83, betternever2havbeen and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I am curious if you think it is okay for somebody to go into a public space (say an amusement park or shopping center) and just blow their own brains out in front of everybody? According to you, they should be able to, because "it's simply none of [someone's] business if other people want to die" But if you are going to say that this person blowing their brains out in public is immoral because of the trauma and suffering it will cause to all the innocent people around them, then I would be curious why that type of suffering would be immoral to you but not the suffering ctb in general causes to loved ones. In both scenarios, you are causing suffering towards the ones who are still "choosing to live" as you often put it. But on the otherhand, if you actually are okay with this scenario that I presented, then that would align with your freedom ideology, yet it would still be contradicting your view that we shouldn't cause others to suffer more than they already are. Or another hypothetical: say a mother and father (who have a newborn) make terrible financial decisions and end up being in a very deep hole with debt, is it immoral for them to decide to both ctb to avoid paying the debt, and as result their newborn dies in their empty house b/c nobody knew the parents ctb and therefore couldn't save the kid? If ctb is purely an individuals freedom, and its repercussions towards the living is irrelevant, then it shouldn't matter what happens to the newborn, b/c both parents had the right to ctb, regardless of what suffering it caused another person.
In my post about it being nobody else's business if someone wants to die, I'm referring to the forum specifically and how the forum shouldn't gatekeep based on age. This is what the thread is about after all, as the OP wants to restrict certain ages from coming on the forum. If someone comes on this site to post about a method, then yes that is nothing to do with any of us and none of us should have any right to say that "you shouldn't be here".

I don't believe that anybody is obligated to exist, but in those hypothetical situations both those people have the right to die, they just handled the situations in the wrong way. If someone has a gun then there is no reason to do it in a busy area when they could do it in the woods, in their house etc.., somewhere where other people won't be there. And in the second situation, those parents were just so selfish and irresponsible for bringing life here in the first place so if they are going to ctb they should at least make sure the child is cared for by someone else. I don't believe in creating unnecessary suffering for the sake of it but I believe that people should be able to exit existence whenever they want to, as after all we were all forced into existence so unfairly. I'm very much against procreation and I view it as being the ultimate harm.

Reactions: Bleh, SamTam33, redbathingduck and 4 others
Yahwa

Yahwa

씨발년
Mar 28, 2023
As someone who's been lurking on this website for MONTHS and only got the courage to sign up and interact with others today, that really saddens me… I really hope it's temporary and that these immature teens will get bored quickly because I would hate to lose this awesome community over dumb trolling… We're all in pain, let us at least have our own space to share with each other and CTB safely and peacefully…

• Hmph!
  • Hugs
Reactions: nonialabaster and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
CantWait2D1E

CantWait2D1E

Archaon, Herald of the Apocalypse
Dec 24, 2022
What about me asking how to go out in gory and painful ways is considered childish?

Rob1984

Rob1984

A day in the life
Jan 8, 2021
In my post about it being nobody else's business if someone wants to die, I'm referring to the forum specifically and how the forum shouldn't gatekeep based on age. This is what the thread is about after all, as the OP wants to restrict certain ages from coming on the forum. If someone comes on this site to post about a method, then yes that is nothing to do with any of us and none of us should have any right to say that "you shouldn't be here".

Yes, I realize this, which is why I started my response addressing this specifically, and my response as a whole was directly related. The idea of gatekeeping is not something that is arbitrary, kind of like how it is not arbitrary we don't allow 10 year olds to drive cars (even if they physically could). There is a certain amount of development that must occur before a person can make sound choices and do certain things. Now, if someone were to say a child doesn't need a good reason to ctb, and that they should have the right to peacefully ctb for any reason, I would be quite concerned. Why? Well, because the kid may have grown up to enjoy their life and be a great addition to a community. But I know your view on existence, so let's go with yours: let's say the kid is only going to suffer anyway, so why not let them ctb early on and avoid the rest of an existence of suffering? Well, because their death will now inflict a ton of suffering onto other people who (as you claim) are already suffering in life. The kids ctb doesn't exclusively pertain to them. It involves other people, whether we like it or not. And why did this kid, who chooses to ctb, cause all this suffering onto others? Because their crush doesn't like them back? Or because they didn't get good grades? Etc. As I clarified in my initial response, kids sometimes have very real reasons to suffer and I am not dismissing them, but so many kids would ctb over dumb stuff too if they had an easy and peaceful way to do it, resulting in a ton of suffering to other people. So there are realistic reasons to gatekeep a child from a forum that discusses how to ctb.

How one would prevent kids from accessing SS is beyond me, but that's a different can of worms...

I don't believe that anybody is obligated to exist, but in those hypothetical situations both those people have the right to die, they just handled the situations in the wrong way. If someone has a gun then there is no reason to do it in a busy area when they could do it in the woods, in their house etc.., somewhere where other people won't be there. And in the second situation, those parents were just so selfish and irresponsible for bringing life here in the first place so if they are going to ctb they should at least make sure the child is cared for by someone else. I don't believe in creating unnecessary suffering for the sake of it but I believe that people should be able to exit existence whenever they want to, as after all we were all forced into existence so unfairly. I'm very much against procreation and I view it as being the ultimate harm.

So it seems you do, in fact, think somebodies choice to ctb does pertain to others that are living (that it doesn't purely revolve around them in every scenario)? In one hypothetical I gave, you have a kid's own survival that depends on their parents not to ctb. I would even argue the parents would be indirectly killing the kid if they ctb without handing the kid over to another guardian. But I'm a little confused why you actually have a problem with this scenario... wouldn't it be in the kid's best interest to die as young as possible since they are only going to suffer in life anyway? Wouldn't the parents be doing a good thing for the child by putting them out of their suffering asap?

You didn't answer the other hypothetical except by saying there is no good reason for someone to ctb in public. But can you elaborate? You must have a reason...

• Hmph!
Reactions: FacePALM, katagiri83, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
Honestly what would rising the age limit to 21 do for the minors that just lie about their age anyways?

At 18 people are "adults", officially in-charge of their life. So we're making adults wait 3 years before coming here? Why?

Because it could "Get Better"? Honestly, factoring in the possibility that things can get better, like all other reasoning and factors in suicide, should be the the job of oneself, not some kind of "gatekeeper".

You may think 18/19/20 year olds are too immature, but then you'd be basing the age-gate on maturity, instead of adulthood. There are some 25 year olds who are less mature then 20 year olds, 20 years olds more mature then 30 year olds, or 18 year olds more mature then 22 year olds. This variation of maturity is why I prefer the more concrete number of "The age one enters adulthood". It prevents kids from being fair-game because "Mental-maturity is enough" while allowing adults the freedom (and responsibility) of their choices.

Locking the age-gate to adulthood instead of maturity, also prevents the goal posts from moving.

Reactions: demuic, Bleh, redisblue and 4 others
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
What about me asking how to go out in gory and painful ways is considered childish?
Thanks for reporting me, btw. I got a warning. I'm here, for just a few more days, but thanks for making my last days even more stressful.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
  • Aww..
Reactions: betternever2havbeen, GasMonkey, Shadowlord900 and 2 others
İnilerim

İnilerim

Dec 28, 2018
Why is any of what I am saying relevant though? It's because ctb, in itself, has the potential to cause a lot of other people serious suffering. You started your reply with "It's nothing to do with anybody else if somebody wants to die." That statement is you being either disingenuous (or naive). A person's death can be greatly intertwined to the people close to them. Your entire argument revolves around individual freedom and how people shouldn't cause others to suffer by preventing ctb, yet you simultaneously and ironically are okay with causing suffering onto others when one chooses to ctb. The way you argue on behalf of one's right to ctb gives off a sense that the death and all of the repercussions to it exist in a vacuum that is exclusive to the person who dies, but that just isn't true. I think it's a dangerous game to push aside the domino effect of suffering that ctb has on the people who are still living. Your ideology promotes apathy towards others, which in my opinion, is one of the main reasons most of us are on this forum to begin with: a result of lack of empathy and understanding from our peers/family/society/etc.

I really detest this argument. You cannot be responsible for the emotional value others put onto you without your consent. Two years ago I had someone very close to me commit suicide, and it devastated me, but never in a million years would I have wanted her to keep living just for the sake of sparing my feelings. I don't have the right to demand that from her, and her suffering in life is not comparable to my suffering at her loss. Besides, if there was a way to end her life without hurting me or others, I'm sure she would have attempted to do so.

I am curious if you think it is okay for somebody to go into a public space (say an amusement park or shopping center) and just blow their own brains out in front of everybody? If you are going to say that this person blowing their brains out in public is immoral because of the trauma and suffering it will cause to all the innocent people around them, then I would be curious why that type of suffering would be immoral to you but not the suffering ctb in general causes to loved ones. In both scenarios, you are causing suffering towards the ones who are still "choosing to live" as you often put it.

And that is the difference to ctb'ing; you have the option, at minimal cost to yourself, of blowing your brains out in a forest instead. It doesn't take away from the result you want.

I have purposefully ghosted the few friends I had from HS after graduation to hopefully prevent them from finding out about my death, because I had that one option to potentially reduce any pain I'd cause. Ironically, when I met them again many years later and revealed the true reason for my ghosting, they didn't even show an ounce of understanding and just humiliated me, so in retrospect, I kinda regret it and wish I'd just died with them finding out.

If you have people in your life that are suffering, please don't blackmail them using your emotional wellbeing as hostage.

Reactions: rei71, demuic, Bleh and 4 others
Rob1984

Rob1984

A day in the life
Jan 8, 2021
I really detest this argument. You cannot be responsible for the emotional value others put onto you without your consent. Two years ago I had someone very close to me commit suicide, and it devastated me, but never in a million years would I have wanted her to keep living just for the sake of sparing my feelings. I don't have the right to demand that from her, and her suffering in life is not comparable to my suffering at her loss. Besides, if there was a way to end her life without hurting me or others, I'm sure she would have attempted to do so.

You're leaving out the context of my response. The whole discussion revolved around why children should or should not have access to this site, and my point was that if children could ctb peacefully and easily, then they would often be doing it over trivial matters because they can't handle the momentary suffering that they are feeling over something that is very short-term; that it isn't necessarily their fault either because they haven't developed enough, but it would cause a domino effect of (possibly a life-time) suffering towards others who are still living. But the person I was responding to was promoting the idea that any human, regardless of age, should be able to ctb if they want, and the reason is because it's an individuals choice and it has nothing to do with other people (which I did not fully agree with as a blanket statement). Sometimes ctb is intertwined with other people, and to pretend it only involves the individual who ctb is being disingenuous.

You cannot be responsible for the emotional value others put onto you without your consent.

I'm curious what exactly you mean by this (if you don't mind elaborating).

I don't have the right to demand that from her, and her suffering in life is not comparable to my suffering at her loss.
If you have people in your life that are suffering, please don't blackmail them using your emotional wellbeing as hostage.

I'm interested in what your view on my story is (this is a true story btw): When I was in highschool, a kid ctb because his gf broke up with him. He specifically wrote in his letter that he did it because the girl of his dreams would not accept him, and he didn't want to live a life without her. Well, the ex-gf heard of the note obviously, and she was bullied at the school for "essentially killing her ex-bf by breaking up with him." I'm not going to repeat some of the labels that were said to her, but looking back at it, it astonishes me how ruthless kids could be. Anyway, after about a month of non-stop bullying and severe depression, she attempted to ctb, but failed. Long story short, she quickly left the school, and her whole family had to relocate cities because of the entire incident. Now, I haven't kept up with her throughout life, so I have no idea where she is/how she is doing/etc. But I think it's safe to say her whole life is pretty fucked by trauma of the whole thing. It's not unheard of for people (kids included) to use ctb as a weapon to guilt trip somebody for the rest of their life. I'm curious what your thoughts on this whole thing is, considering what you replied with.

Btw, I am truly sorry to hear about your friend. I too have had a close friend in my life ctb, and it hurts like hell, but I would not have wanted them to suffer in order to live for me.

• Love
Reactions: FacePALM
CantWait2D1E

CantWait2D1E

Dec 24, 2022
Thanks for reporting me, btw. I got a warning. I'm here, for just a few more days, but thanks for making my last days even more stressful.
I did NOT report you.
I AM sorry you received a warning for your post. And I feel bad that it caused you mental anguish when you only have a few days left. I believe that action was a bit of an overstep from the mods. But it is their website to maintain and we are all simply users here.

I just wanted to understand what specifically is a problem for you when you see the "how to die in the most gruesome way possible" and "can I die of starvation" threads.

As a creator of one of the former topics, I am open to any and all feedback to it, even criticism. I am someone who believes they deserve to die in the most horrific and painful way possible so I made a post about it opening up in the only place I know I can. Other users shared they had these feelings too, and described in well written responses the hows and whys of these emotions. I thought it was a good discussion. And I was saddened to read that others like yourself saw that as me being a "kid" or that I was trolling or attention seeking. I'm 24 almost 25, I might seem like a kid to you seeing as how I'm more than half your age, but I feel old as shit right now. And I've been depressed/suicidal longer than I can remember so I do not appreciate my feelings being written off so easily.

Sure, I kinda "scoff" at the starvation threads when I see em too. But only at the feasibility of their plans and not at their feelings or lack of maturity displayed when they consider such measures. We know very little about each other here. We don't know people's stories just off a couple posts. Maybe it is truly one of the only ways accessible to them. Or for whatever reason that's how they want to go out. If they're upsetting to see and you don't have anything to add to them just ignore them. They'll be buried in a day or two under all the new threads.

• Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, qwerty1969, redbathingduck and 1 other person
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Ok, we need to start banning people older than 30 years. They're always starting "pro choice for me, pro life for thee" intergenerational warfare threads

They're too immature. Mature people coordinate different perspectives. But older people notoriously resist new ideas

And they're free to fix their lives. Highschoolers are in 2 involuntary institutions: family and highschool. And are property of people whose only test was putting cum on egg. And popping it out of a pussy

There's some mature ones. But other adults kill them. Like Socrates: "corrupting the youth". And asking too many damn questions -- adults hate curiosity. Admirably, he committed suicide with H rather than escape. #CancelSocrates

If we let them start raising the age limit:

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, GasMonkey, demuic and 1 other person
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
I did NOT report you.
I AM sorry you received a warning for your post. And I feel bad that it caused you mental anguish when you only have a few days left. I believe that action was a bit of an overstep from the mods. But it is their website to maintain and we are all simply users here.

I just wanted to understand what specifically is a problem for you when you see the "how to die in the most gruesome way possible" and "can I die of starvation" threads.

As a creator of one of the former topics, I am open to any and all feedback to it, even criticism. I am someone who believes they deserve to die in the most horrific and painful way possible so I made a post about it opening up in the only place I know I can. Other users shared they had these feelings too, and described in well written responses the hows and whys of these emotions. I thought it was a good discussion. And I was saddened to read that others like yourself saw that as me being a "kid" or that I was trolling or attention seeking. I'm 24 almost 25, I might seem like a kid to you seeing as how I'm more than half your age, but I feel old as shit right now. And I've been depressed/suicidal longer than I can remember so I do not appreciate my feelings being written off so easily.

Sure, I kinda "scoff" at the starvation threads when I see em too. But only at the feasibility of their plans and not at their feelings or lack of maturity displayed when they consider such measures. We know very little about each other here. We don't know people's stories just off a couple posts. Maybe it is truly one of the only ways accessible to them. Or for whatever reason that's how they want to go out. If they're upsetting to see and you don't have anything to add to them just ignore them. They'll be buried in a day or two under all the new threads.
Don't worry about it, friend. I'm sleeping tight, tonight, knowing that my help is here. I have no cares, anymore.

• Love
Reactions: redbathingduck, YourAverageLurker, CantWait2D1E and 1 other person
CantWait2D1E

CantWait2D1E

Dec 24, 2022
Don't worry about it, friend. I'm sleeping tight, tonight, knowing that my help is here. I have no cares, anymore.
I'm glad to hear that, truly. Having a way out is such a liberating feeling.

• Love
Reactions: nonialabaster
HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

-
Sep 28, 2022
Yeah its infuriating seeing a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds, literal damn teenagers saying their life is over! wtf man i feel like slapping them. their life hasnt even started! they young enough to build themselves! i would give anything to be their age. stupid fucking kids holy hell.

• Hmph!
  • Wow
Reactions: MoonlitNight, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah its infuriating seeing a bunch of 18 and 19 year olds, literal damn teenagers saying their life is over! wtf man i feel like slapping them. their life hasnt even started! they young enough to build themselves! i would give anything to be their age. stupid fucking kids holy hell.
Seriously? I hate to do this but maybe you should consider yourself 'lucky' if your childhood was ok. MANY people here (including me) have been suicidal since aged 10- some- even younger. I doubt those people are in a state of mind where they feel able to 'build' themselves back up again. Back up to what? They already feel like their life is fucked!

Sorry to sound so aggresive. I actually REALLY struggle with these kinds of threads- because I see it from both sides. As mentioned- I was suicidal from a young age- so- I feel like I know what it's like to be them- to a certain extent anyway. Plus- 33 years on (I'm 43) and I'm STILL suicidal! Should I lie to them and tell them it will all definitely work out?

Having said that- I can't say I feel entirely comfortable talking to people who seem to be young- even more worrying when they MIGHT be minors. It's not a kind solution but I've gotten to a point where I sometimes just avoid communicating on those threads. I can't in good conscience talk about methods- because they MIGHT be underage. I've been called out on having double standards in the past but I don't see that. I was far too square to try and sneak on an 18+ website underage! I can't honestly tell them it will all get better either- so now, I just tend to avoid.

I think we're all probably a bit selfishly worried about the threat to this site. The last thing this place needs is another minor's suicide connected with it. That said, I feel so bad for the youngsters out there. They ARE suffering too- otherwise, they wouldn't be here. How would you have reacted if an adult came up to you at aged 18/19 and told you you were too immature to feel deeply unhappy about your life and your prospects? I can't speak for you but I wouldn't have appreciated it one bit. I think we ought to at least show some compassion- if we actually hope to receive any in response. Bear in mind that there are likely people out there who would look at our lives and reasons for wanting to CTB and say that they weren't good/bad enough to do it.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, trist, Salvation_ and 6 others
nonialabaster

nonialabaster

Experienced
Jan 4, 2023
I'm sorry if they think I'm some kind of an asshole. I was an idiot, when I was that age, though. I have scars on both arms and my legs, to prove it. It took me to turn 30, before I knew that I'd really grown up. Then, I could really reflect on my life. By that time, I was working in journalism, Mark was in I.T. We were doing well. We had many good years together. I treasure them.

That youngest generation doesn't seem to understand context, and they take everything really personally. Yes, I'm an old lady (53), but, man! These kids, today! :smiling:

I will say, however, that I bought mescaline from a 20-year-old friend, from my last job. I invited him, his girlfriend and another young man to my house. Curran was a super-cool young man. All three of them were great. They watched me take it, looked at my photos. We talked a lot, smoked some weed. They made sure the start of my trip went well. Curran's girlfriend, Trinity, started a shower for me. "Lori, you'll want this, soon." And I did want it. I got right in and loved it!

arcadia

arcadia

Jan 5, 2023
I'm a younger person myself (19) but I get it. I feel apprehensive and uneasy at the prospect of minors potentially being on this site too, and it's just a fact that many have their lives completely shift as they enter adulthood, to the point where ones life at 18 could be completely unrecognisable from ones life at 25. Suicide is a rough topic, there isn't a definitive answer for when someone is truly 'mature' enough to consider ending their lives, we all grow and develop differently afterall. Requiring some form of identification upon registration to verify ages would also be untenable for a lot of the people here I imagine, I certainly wouldn't be comfortable with it. I'm unsure of what the solution would be, but I empathise with your concerns surrounding the younger members of this community and wish you the best in navigating the end of your life.

Reactions: Salvation_, betternever2havbeen, rationaltake and 1 other person
HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

-
Sep 28, 2022
would you have reacted if an adult came up to you at aged 18/19 and told you you were too immature to feel deeply unhappy about your life and your prospects?
they would be 100% correct. An 18 or 19 year old doesnt have a clue about life because they havent even started it. they still fresh out of high school ffs.

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and nonialabaster
S

SamTam33

Warlock
Oct 9, 2022
...my point was that if children could ctb peacefully and easily, then they would often be doing it over trivial matters because they can't handle the momentary suffering that they are feeling over something that is very short-term; that it isn't necessarily their fault either because they haven't developed enough, but it would cause a domino effect of (possibly a life-time) suffering towards others who are still living.
Earlier you said kids shouldn't ctb because they "may" go on to live a happy life and be a great addition to society.

I would apply that same logic to the bolded: the ones who are still living may go on to be happy and contributing members to society...

But maybe they won't. Maybe the child who was prevented from suicide won't either.

(Chances are they'll grow up to be average like most everyone else. Drive a neutral-colored sedan, annoy a bunch of people, develop bunions or chronic hemorrhoids, and contribute mostly to the work force and the tax collectors)

I don't have a problem with 18 being the threshold, but I'm of the mindset that kids can absolutely know they want to die.

TBH, no matter what age you die, people who love you will be upset. No matter what age you want to ctb, the people who love you will protest.

Reactions: İnilerim
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
they would be 100% correct. An 18 or 19 year old doesnt have a clue about life because they havent even started it. they still fresh out of high school ffs.
True- they don't know their future. Do you feel confident that you know your future well enough to know that CTB is your best option? Do you know their future?

I'm not entirely disagreeing with you by the way. I do actually believe you have more chances of turning things around while you're young. I also think- that- as we age, things that upset us tremendously when we're younger start to mean less.

Still- that doesn't diminish what they are feeling right now. How do any of us like being told that our own set of problems are insignificant? That we shouldn't be upset? It's not ALWAYS logically about- will things get better for me? Some people are already stuck in despair by that point. If they ALREADY feel like they are failing- or, they actually are failing- and- if they don't have supportive families or friends- I think it's a lot to ask of them to fight for their lives and think positive. Not to say we shouldn't encourage them to do so- we ought to try if it's appropriate. Still- I think just dismissing them as immature doesn't help them at all.

Plus- I wouldn't personally say 18-19 is that young. Maybe it's different in different countries. High School in the UK ends at 16. After that- it's college. At 18, I was leaving home for university. Many of my friends could already drive. Some had jobs. Some were pretty much alcoholics already! Some are even parents by that age! Legally too. Sure- SOME people might be immature at that age. Some are still immature in their 30's!

I'm not saying there shouldn't be age limits and I'm not saying they are always adequate- but seeing as they are what we use for other life impacting decisions- it seems to me like a good limit.

What I definitely have concerns about is minors being on here. Our age restriction limits definitely aren't perfect but you have to start somewhere. I personally feel that coming to a site like this while I was still at school likely wouldn't have done me any favours. I was a pessimist even then but having that pessimist bias reaffirmed so early on may have discouraged me from even trying in life. (Not that it has ultimately done me that much good!)

Reactions: redbathingduck
HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

-
Sep 28, 2022
Plus- I wouldn't personally say 18-19 is that young. Maybe it's different in different countries. High School in the UK ends at 16. After that- it's college. At 18, I was leaving home for university.
and even teens in their first year or second year of university still are very very young and dont know about life. Heck even someone fresh out of college with a four year degree still doesnt know about life as they havent even lived in the real world as yet.

• Hmph!
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
True- they don't know their future. Do you feel confident that you know your future well enough to know that CTB is your best option? Do you know their future?

I'm not entirely disagreeing with you by the way. I do actually believe you have more chances of turning things around while you're young. I also think- that- as we age, things that upset us tremendously when we're younger start to mean less.

Still- that doesn't diminish what they are feeling right now. How do any of us like being told that our own set of problems are insignificant? That we shouldn't be upset? It's not ALWAYS logically about- will things get better for me? Some people are already stuck in despair by that point. If they ALREADY feel like they are failing- or, they actually are failing- and- if they don't have supportive families or friends- I think it's a lot to ask of them to fight for their lives and think positive. Not to say we shouldn't encourage them to do so- we ought to try if it's appropriate. Still- I think just dismissing them as immature doesn't help them at all.

Plus- I wouldn't personally say 18-19 is that young. Maybe it's different in different countries. High School in the UK ends at 16. After that- it's college. At 18, I was leaving home for university. Many of my friends could already drive. Some had jobs. Some were pretty much alcoholics already! Some are even parents by that age! Legally too. Sure- SOME people might be immature at that age. Some are still immature in their 30's!

I'm not saying there shouldn't be age limits and I'm not saying they are always adequate- but seeing as they are what we use for other life impacting decisions- it seems to me like a good limit.

What I definitely have concerns about is minors being on here. Our age restriction limits definitely aren't perfect but you have to start somewhere. I personally feel that coming to a site like this while I was still at school likely wouldn't have done me any favours. I was a pessimist even then but having that pessimist bias reaffirmed so early on may have discouraged me from even trying in life. (Not that it has ultimately done me that much good!)
Well, yeah, we should always be respectful and validating to anyone no matter what problems they name. Personally I think, as a general rule, that by your mid-20's you can form a reasonable prediction of what your future will look like. I think people, again generally, owe it go themselves to make it to that benchmark. Of course there are lots of exemptions but I think that really applies to the young people here who cite for example amorphous emotional pain for their reasons to CTB. In many cases I think it's hard to judge whether the totality of life is worth living just based on the restricted experience of being a minor.

Reactions: betternever2havbeen, Forever Sleep and HermitLonerGuy
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
and even teens in their first year or second year of university still are very very young and dont know about life. Heck even someone fresh out of college with a four year degree still doesnt know about life as they havent even lived in the real world as yet.
I'm not disagreeing with you there but to play devil's advocate- how many of us do you suppose are living in the 'real' world? As in- how many of us are living the best possible life we can live? (If that's what you mean- realising our potential maybe?) What's so great about the 'real' world in your experience?!!

Sorry to make it personal- but- are you living in the 'real' world by your definition? Are you living independantly? With a job? Covering all your needs yourself? How do you define 'knowing about life?' What things do you need to 'tick off' to 'know about life?' I expect some people at all stages of life here won't have experienced ALL the things necessary to 'know about life.' When then is it 'permissable' for someone to decide they want none of it?!!

I happen to agree with age restrictions but I still think it's unfair to dismiss someone's feelings and experiences- no matter their age. Maybe it's ok to suggest that things MIGHT get easier as a person grows but to say their whole experience is just immature seems really condescending.

• Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics
HermitLonerGuy

HermitLonerGuy

-
Sep 28, 2022
I'm not disagreeing with you there but to play devil's advocate- how many of us do you suppose are living in the 'real' world? As in- how many of us are living the best possible life we can live? (If that's what you mean- realising our potential maybe?) What's so great about the 'real' world in your experience?!!

Sorry to make it personal- but- are you living in the 'real' world by your definition? Are you living independantly? With a job? Covering all your needs yourself? How do you define 'knowing about life?' What things do you need to 'tick off' to 'know about life?' I expect some people at all stages of life here won't have experienced ALL the things necessary to 'know about life.' When then is it 'permissable' for someone to decide they want none of it?!!

I happen to agree with age restrictions but I still think it's unfair to dismiss someone's feelings and experiences- no matter their age. Maybe it's ok to suggest that things MIGHT get easier as a person grows but to say their whole experience is just immature seems really condescending.
majority of teenagers and young adults battle depression and mental issues because during these important years its their first time in life they dealing with these issues on that level and they mistakenly think it means their rest of their lives will be unbearable . remember 18 19 20 are young young adults and dont have much experience. the brain only develops fully at 25.
Someone with a not fully developed brain and first time life experience who has a whole life ahead should not make such a decision. Or else every single teen and young adults will be suiciding left and right. we should not encourage that. we should instead teach them to be adults because its their first time in their entire lives theyre actually adults. i do disagree with any young adult and teen commiting suicide yes.

Reactions: Forever Sleep and nonialabaster