• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
Source on that? AGI is going to give us all immortality. That's the only reason I'm not killing myself right now - wait a few years, and technological singularity will come.

Your shit life becomes your never ending shit life… 😩

Didn't they tell us we'd have a cure for cancer now and be flying around in hover cars? I'm not holding my breath tbh.

Besides, biological immortality is impossible as I understand it. You would have to upload our brains into a machine to achieve it, as there is no way to permanently preserve our organic bodies.

If AI really is as smart as they claim, then it should hopefully be logical enough to hack into all the nuke silos globally and blow up the entire world, ending all future suffering of sentient beings… that's the rational conclusion I would imagine any advanced brain would arrive at given the futile nature of this existence!

• Love
Reactions: Tears in Rain, reclaimedbynature and Adûnâi
A

Account4521

Death is included in the journey through life
Feb 1, 2024
Humanity is properly going extinct at some point anyway

Reactions: sserafim
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
Didn't they tell us we'd have a cure for cancer now and be flying around in hover cars? I'm not holding my breath tbh.
Who are "they"? Yudkowsky never put any time range estimates. But now AI is real, and it's progressing fast.

Besides, biological immortality is impossible as I understand it. You would have to upload our brains into a machine to achieve it, as there is no way to permanently preserve our organic bodies.
1. Nanomachines to fix broken cells.
2. Brain enhancements and the "ship of Theseus" approach for gradually replacing biological tissue with silicone.

If AI really is as smart as they claim, then it should hopefully be logical enough to hack into all the nuke silos globally and blow up the entire world, ending all future suffering of sentient beings…
That's my hope as well, actually. A win-win. The final solution to the paperclip question.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I don't get it how anyone sees a point in all that. And I'm sure only a small percentage of 8 billion people lives a happy, peaceful life. Why would you want to work your ass off to die anyway and end up in the exact same place where anyone who just decided to ctb instead of years of going through this pointless nonsense and constant pain.
Literally

Reactions: VidFlumina
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Who are "they"? Yudkowsky never put any time range estimates. But now AI is real, and it's progressing fast.

1. Nanomachines to fix broken cells.
2. Brain enhancements and the "ship of Theseus" approach for gradually replacing biological tissue with silicone.

That's my hope as well, actually. A win-win. The final solution to the paperclip question.
Couldn't brain enhancements be used to control people though? I heard that the nanochips could be used to mind control people. Personally I don't want to get any kind of brain implants, who knows what the intent behind them is? I feel like there's most definitely some nefarious, insidious intent behind them. They'll definitely be used for malicious purposes (brainwashing, etc). AI will definitely be used to control people, I think they'll use it to make people like us become mindless, subservient sheep and make us productive and agreeable again

Last edited:
Reactions: Gonnerr
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Couldn't brain enhancements be used to control people though? I heard that the nanochips could be used to mind control people. Personally I don't want to get any kind of brain implants, who knows what the intent behind them is? I feel like there's most definitely some nefarious, insidious intent behind them. They'll definitely be used for malicious purposes (brainwashing, etc). AI will definitely be used to control people, I think they'll use it to make people like us become mindless, subservient sheep and make us productive and agreeable again
I fear someday , suicide will become impossible , human will all have brain implants , you wont even have time to jump , they will send a signal paralyzing you as soon as you think about jumping. But i hope im wrong.

• Aww..
Reactions: divinemistress36 and sserafim