• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

renrone

renrone

lover of all things cute : they / them
Sep 24, 2023
I like to believe that after death, I will still exist somewhere in peace. I haven't really decided whether being reborn or living on as a ghost is better, but I want to be able to just observe the world with nothing holding me back or tying me to it. It's really beautiful in a really twisted way I suppose. Realistically, there's nothing after death, and I'd just cease to be, but I still like to dream of an afterlife of sorts.

Reactions: the_last_race
K

kusogoth

Sep 24, 2023
I wish I could wake up in a new body, like reincarnation but I don't want to grow up again. Like, I just switched bodies with someone. Then, I start to lose my memories or lose them entirely the moment I wake up, replaced by the memories of my current body. I would want to keep my memories, but I don't think that'll happen.

I do hope the afterlife is either eternal rest, peace, or some form of heaven. I hate the idea of hell.

Kali319

Kali319

Sep 30, 2023
I'm completely positive that there's nothing after. Brain just shuts down, synapses cease to fire and consciousness just stops - like a data stream when you disconnected a PC from the electric grid.
And it's just terrifying to me. I'd really like to believe that there IS something. I wish i was religious, i wish i had a strong belief in something, but there's nothing to me.
There will be no rest, there will be no peace, there will be no end to the suffering. We are going to get stripped of it forever, even when the universe dies, after it's heath death, after it snals back into singularity - there's no ME anymore. And it's the biggest unfairness of the universe thag sentient, self-conscious life is mortal. What use of consciousness if all it does - makes you realise that's it's all finite?
It might be counterintuitive that I'm feeling suicidal and thinking about how bad it is to die at the same time. But humans are full of contradictions. And maybe there IS something after all. This is the thing i wish to be wrong about more than anything else with all my being. Some kind of sentient existence, something at all.
Hey, you want to swap beliefs?

I'm literally the opposite. I'm more or less convinced in the continuity of consciousness after death and that is the terrifying part. I want to be wrong about having to go through all this crap again. Sleeping in is my favorite thing and I have a feeling that the sort of death you're talking about would be like an endless dreamless sleep. I mean, technically it would be nothing, but that's the closest positive terminology I can come up with. I found so much peace when I used to be a strict scientific atheist, just by knowing that I can just relax into death and let bygones be bygones. There is something poetically beautiful about the idea that this is our one little blip in the cosmos and then we're gone.

T

the_last_race

Sep 9, 2023
Hey, you want to swap beliefs?

I'm literally the opposite. I'm more or less convinced in the continuity of consciousness after death and that is the terrifying part. I want to be wrong about having to go through all this crap again. Sleeping in is my favorite thing and I have a feeling that the sort of death you're talking about would be like an endless dreamless sleep. I mean, technically it would be nothing, but that's the closest positive terminology I can come up with. I found so much peace when I used to be a strict scientific atheist, just by knowing that I can just relax into death and let bygones be bygones. There is something poetically beautiful about the idea that this is our one little blip in the cosmos and then we're gone.
From an atheist to believeing in afterlife? What made you? You encountered some signs of it or experienced something yourself?

Kali319

Kali319

Sep 30, 2023
From an atheist to believeing in afterlife? What made you? You encountered some signs of it or experienced something yourself?
Well, I've always been all over the spectrum in terms of religious beliefs so you can take what I say with more than a few grains of salt. Raised catholic, left and became atheist, and slowly opened up to the idea of "spirituality". I wouldn't say I believe in an "afterlife" but I definitely don't think its just a permanent lights out either. I have one experiential and one logical line of thinking that lead me that way.

On an experiential level, I have always meditated and have taken a good amount of time to observe my mind. When I look, I see all things going through a birth, a duration, and death. Whether it is a thought, a sensation, a state of mind, physical objects being built and then decaying, etc. So just looking and experiencing the world in this lens gives me a level of confidence in saying that we too are part of this continuous process of birth and death (similar to the buddhist concept of rebirth). The cycle of sleeping and waking feels like a pretty good microcosmic analogy of what I'm trying to get at with the larger picture of birth and death.

A scientific understanding that complements this is the fact that matter/energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another. So even from a materialistic standpoint, you can see the same cycle of matter coming together to form a something like a human and then getting recycled into other forms of existence.

I wouldn't say I'm fully convinced, it just is starting to seem more likely after spending some time looking at my mind.

G

Gleysson

Hey, you. You're finally awake
Oct 10, 2023
So, you see. I've seen many people dead and dying. I work with and around death.

I fluctuate between science and chemicals and logic, and comfort. Logically, all we are is a bunch of chemicals and electricity in a wet blob encased in a box. Death is just that blob ceasing. If contiousness is an evolutionary trait that makes us live longer and reproduce more, then existence is nothing but a means to survival.

Trying to resuscitate a dead body is the cold hard truth that we are shells. The more you do it, the more you see that this flesh vessel is a bunch of nothings put in an order that makes sense and can sustain itself for a period of time.

But I've seen death long enough to spark a suspicion whether there is something more or not. We as a species are way too limited to understand the intricacies of the universe and the phenomenon of life and counciousness. Maybe the next step, in our limited knowledge is unexistance, because we are not made to experience the "more". Maybe when we pass, we get set free and access this "more", maybe not. Selfish thoughts (pain, pleasure, happiness) don't make sense in an eternal after, so we cannot fathom it.

I now live my life doing what makes sense to me. Pain comes, pain goes, as does everything. The end is entropy. Now I am, then I was and next I will not. What I have is now. Then I hurt a whole lot. Now I don't. Next, maybe? So fuck it, I invent whatever afterlife I like and imagine myself in it, it's all speculation anyway. Whatever comforts me when death comes to mind. Whenever it comes, then we'll see.

DeepCD

DeepCD

Oct 2, 2023
I have only read 1/4 of this thread, yet plan to read all pages. I consider myself just an average educated person from a 1st world society. I am not a scientist, nor archaeologist, nor astrologist, etc..

I grew up in multiple religions, whether it be Western or Eastern Faiths, due to my diverse ethic background. but at the moment and most likely until I die, unless something is proven otherwise; I consider myself atheist/agnostic.

point being is, I have shared the video below on another thread, but this thread seems more like the mega-thread for belief, afterlife, and etc..

I would like to get feedback/comments from those who are knowledgeable. and even if you aren't a professional, I would still like to hear what others feel about this video.

at this moment, I Believe this video as a legitimate source in debunking the big 3 largest religions, which so happen to intertwine with each other being abrahamic faiths.

I guess I'm looking for validation that this video source is legitimate, especially from the knowledgeable and confident writers of this Thread.

thanks for reading and looking forward to input as well conversation dealing with the video. thanks for watching!

DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
Religious scriptures are written by humans so everything in these books can be made up. Afterlife has its origin in religions. I do not believe in the afterlife described in religions. However, there can be something else divine. Life that has so much difficulty in arising - has it arisen without divine influence? I think that is incredible. We know that our bodies die so why should anything else about us live on? I believe that death is just dreamless sleep. Everything will die with the passage of time.

AX69

AX69

Oct 30, 2023
Hey, you don't stop existing when you die, I found this channel with numerous near death experiences, channellers and other dimensions.
Next Level Soul
(Before you say it is fake, check it out first)

• Informative
Reactions: sundown12
MonsieurIsDead

MonsieurIsDead

Nov 13, 2023
I practice astral projection and have had many out of body experiences. I've even met with deceased relatives. I've visited the Akashic records, I've practiced my flying skills :)

A lot of people don't believe in this stuff but a lot of people do. As people who want to CTB, I hope you are at least open minded about the fact that you are more than your physical body.

For me, my first time happened during a meditation in 2016. For a while, I hoped I was not going crazy… but I was fascinated and had to learn how to do it at will.

What I've learned through astral projection has prepared me for my death… it just has not given me any more tools to deal with life.

Life after death is real.

FakeNewYorker

FakeNewYorker

born to suffer
Oct 6, 2023
personally i dont believe in any religion, i just hope that once im gone it feels as if i was sleeping. just blacking out and then nothing afterwards. one only realizes one has fallen asleep once you wake up so i hope i just never wake up again

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
delta.sigma

delta.sigma

Spiritual Warrior
Jun 17, 2023
Tim Burton Halloween GIF by Freeform
:smiling:

PrincessNaomi270

PrincessNaomi270

Nov 18, 2023
My view on death is very idealized. Whenever I go to sleep every night, it feels like a release from the hellish shitty life ahead of me, whenever I sleep it's an escape from all the stresses of my life, I can finally stop thinking and rest. I view death as this except I never have to wake up. I am finally free from life and I never have to go back. That's why death is so appealing to me. It's an eternal slumber.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Not religious, but I find it hard to believe that nothingness is really nothingness. Everything in this world seems too perfect, from the intricacies of DNA to the fact that our minds are so adaptive.

I wonder if perhaps, this is a depressing theory, there are past lives. Not being able to remember something doesn't mean it didn't happen. You were one years old once, and you don't have memories of it, but it definitely did happen at some point.

Humans often want to ignore what they don't understand, and make the false assumption that because they can't prove it with science, that it doesn't exist. One of them being death. They're scared of the dark.

Last edited:
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
i used to think that i'll be punished for suicide, but i read a book on the afterlife, and now i know there's no sort of judgement or punishment for that. i'm still scared to ctb though, otherwise i wouldn't be typing this now, lol.
I mean, there's no way to know. We know nothing for sure. I think it's the uncertainty that makes it terrifying more than anything.

sundown12

sundown12

drama queen
Oct 5, 2022
I mean, there's no way to know. We know nothing for sure. I think it's the uncertainty that makes it terrifying more than anything.
if you look up NDE experiences, they talk about the afterlife a lot. i've read and watched a lot of things on it, and it really helped me with the fear of the other side.

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
I guess, the ancestor simulation hypothesis is reincarnation with Matrix characteristics. I'm inherently atheistic, but I can't deny the appeal of the solipsistic idea that I've been put into a cringe alternate history reality where Hitler lost in 1945. Imagine waking up in a Fourth Reich, with this world being merely grotesque Nazi propaganda!

Alternatively, the real world is a raceless transhumanist future, and I'm being simulated from the dawn of the AI age, right before the singularity hit in the 2020s. The scary thing is... my archive creation fetish. I archive every comment I write. That means my personality could potentially be simulated with relative ease by digital archaeologist bots of the future.

T

thecreepycanadian

Oct 24, 2023
In June 2022, I fell and hit my head whilst I was in my shitty flat. The next thing I see is my aunt kneeling by my side, shouting at me to get up. My aunt died in 2019. I slowly look around, and I'm in what I think was a log cabin. There was an older man on a sofa reading a newspaper, and two younger women sitting at a table. I look back to my aunt, and then hear a alarm sound. I'm then back in my flat. The alarm I thought I heard, was the ringing in my ears after hitting my head.

Just wanted to share my experience. When I was "there", I was just so confused. My surroundings changed instantly, and my aunt, who had died of stage 4 pancreatic cancer, was there, and she was healthy again. I just wish I could have stayed there.

ixkitty

ixkitty

Let me be Selfish, just this once.
Aug 15, 2020
I'm gonna be honest, I was raised southern Baptist. I can't change that little voice damning me to hell. I'd like to follow my own path and believe that maybe I could just go to a paradise and not come back to do this over again.

Buñuelo

Buñuelo

Mar 17, 2023
My mom was declared dead for 10' (many years before I was born).
She was floating in the hospital room, saw her own body, and then was met with the "Holy Virgin Mary" (her words), who guided her somewhere else. They reached a very dark place, with human organs scattered on the floor. She understood that it was hell, and she pleaded the woman for forgiveness.
After that, she was back to her body.

My partner's father also had an experience like this, although much more pleasant: he was in a river, riding a boat with a deceased relative of his. The relative saw him and said he had to come back, that it was still not his time. Then, he came back.

If it were up to me, I'd like to disappear completely, or to become a ghost. I don't want to go anywhere else.

Return2themoonlight

Return2themoonlight

Sele'ne shall guide me to peace and tranquility
Dec 31, 2023
My belief of the afterlife falls into the lines of different planes of reality and existence and I wouldn't necessarily say that any religion version of the afterlife is false as many people have experienced those exact places which led me to believe there is a plane of existence for each person or souls afterlife. Now as for my own experience I know my afterlife is better described as a return home. My earliest memory and one I would never forget is me falling out of one existence into this one. I seen "entities" looking down at me as I fell from one reality into this one going through what I can only describe as portals. So me leaving this reality would only lead me to believe that I will either return to where I once was or fall into a reality in which I wish for. The stronger the souls belief, the stronger the pull into that reality. At least that's what I believe in terms of different afterlifes. It would explain why people experience different or the same things when they die for a certain period of time.

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
The stronger the souls belief, the stronger the pull into that reality. At least that's what I believe in terms of different afterlifes.
That is honestly my belief as well... Until I try to describe my political views which put me squarely into a materialist nihilist camp, with the only morality being survival, and any meaning imaginary. Am I going to screw up my post mortem existence because I'm too jaded and sarcastic? Then again, I kind of compartmentalise these things, when in a political context, I'm materialist, but when in interpersonal relations, I'm a ghost.

• Hugs
Reactions: Return2themoonlight
D

Dgafajwd

Jan 1, 2024
My view is that there may be heaven and hell or there is nothing, an eternal darkness. I worry that it's possible to be reincarnated as there are many stories about it with young children remembering their "past life" and making comments that turn out to be true. I want to CTB and I really hope there is no reincarnations. I'm done with this shit that is called life

Emi

Emi

Curious Soul
Sep 10, 2022
This topic is an interesting one so here's my two cents.

I personally believe in Christianity, specifically what the KJV Bible teaches. I think that after death we either go to Heaven or Hell and that there is no in between. Since I am a saved Christian, saved back in 2019, and that due to God's promise to the saved, no matter what, I'd go to Heaven. However, it might not be as I'd like it to be considering that the Bible mentions "rewards" in Heaven. And people who were very sinful end up being blind and/or deaf in Heaven and that seems like it sucks, also it being its own little Hell in Heaven since those people would never see and/or hear things in Heaven. This is the only thing keeping me from killing myself, tbh.

I have so many years left to live and it blows. Although due to my health problems, I already feel 70 when I'm 29.

Love reading this thread. Yalls views are very fun to read about.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
PrettyPotato

PrettyPotato

-
Dec 11, 2023
My opinion is that there is no afterlife - we're just atoms.

...so I (lightheartedly!) I asked gpt (paid, intelligent version that has internet access, not the free one) what it's conclusion was, bearing in mind it has effectively absorbed the entirety of human knowledge up to the current day. I think it's answer was pretty decent!

"Given my role as an AI developed to process and analyze information based on existing human knowledge, including scientific, philosophical, and cultural perspectives, I can provide a conclusion based on the current state of human understanding. However, it's important to note that this conclusion is inherently limited by the current scope of human knowledge and does not represent an ultimate truth.

As of now, there is no empirical evidence or scientific proof of an afterlife. Scientific understanding of consciousness and life suggests that consciousness is a product of brain activity and ceases when biological functions stop. Therefore, if I were to draw a conclusion based solely on the empirical evidence and scientific understanding available up to this point, it would lean towards the view that consciousness does not continue after death, and there is no afterlife in the sense often described by religions and spiritual beliefs.

That said, this conclusion is subject to change if new evidence or scientific discoveries emerge. The question of an afterlife touches on the very limits of human understanding and remains one of the great mysteries of existence. It's a topic where science, philosophy, and personal belief intersect, and where definitive answers are elusive."