• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
I'm feeling impulsive so I'm on here again and mentally exhausted. I carry a lot of resentment over someone who caused a lot of pain in my life. Not a significant other but an ex friend of mine. I cannot contact him to talk about my feelings or to discuss the pain I'm in.

How do I get over the resentment from the way someone treated me? I dont want to die because of someone else but I don't know how to overcome it

• Hugs
Reactions: the box is empty, alexK and Sensei
alexK

alexK

Tormented
Mar 9, 2020
Well it sounds like you actually recognize the root cause of your struggle which is good and a huge step in the right path to recovery. I've been in your situation before and while it's hard to confront yourself with how you feel it seems like you already have for me it took me quite some time before I finally acknowledge the issue. Whatever they've done to you, the act that hurt you may always be with you.. but forgiveness will set you free from the control of the incident or the person. It doesn't mean you have to forget the incident or excuse the person rather it's helpful to view it as something you do for yourself to regain control of your life and set yourself free from the past. It takes time and effort to let go of past hurt and disappointment but it's achievable. I know from experience.

Reactions: Pryras and the box is empty
the box is empty

the box is empty

Sometimes the fall kills you. Sometimes you fly.
Mar 8, 2020
forgiveness
This is a fantastic place to start.

To add to it, remember the act of forgiveness is for you, not for them. They don't need to know that you've forgiven them. It's to help you find your peace.

Without really knowing the details all I can add is that some people can have a huge impact in our lives both positive and negative, but they weren't meant to be around forever.

If you feel the need to talk or vent more I'm here.

• Hugs
Reactions: Pryras and alexK