• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

_smile_

_smile_

Student
Jun 26, 2022
I've recently been diagnosed with ADHD. I'm 32 and not yet medicated for it. But I went into the office for work yesterday and I couldn't get a single thing done with so many people there. And when I work from home it's very difficult to stay on task, but at least my only distractions are myself and my phone (not multiple people too).

Just wondering how others manage day to day. This is all new to me. Thank you 💜

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 8975
tessa__mocha

tessa__mocha

I <3 grey skies
Feb 1, 2023
I get rid of as many distractions as I can. When I get to work I turn my phone off and take my iPod touch with me, it's slow and limited enough that I don't get distracted by it, plus I have access to music at all times, which helps me a lot if I'm feeling overwhelmed. I'm not sure if that would be an option for you.
If possible find something to keep your hands occupied, I practice cardistry and rubiks cubing for short bursts when I feel like I have to be distracted for a second, picking up my phone always leads to more time distracted than picking up cards or a cube.
While getting meds for it might be a hard path it's the one I would recommend looking into, they're truly life changing <3

_smile_

_smile_

Student
Jun 26, 2022
I get rid of as many distractions as I can. When I get to work I turn my phone off and take my iPod touch with me, it's slow and limited enough that I don't get distracted by it, plus I have access to music at all times, which helps me a lot if I'm feeling overwhelmed. I'm not sure if that would be an option for you.
If possible find something to keep your hands occupied, I practice cardistry and rubiks cubing for short bursts when I feel like I have to be distracted for a second, picking up my phone always leads to more time distracted than picking up cards or a cube.
While getting meds for it might be a hard path it's the one I would recommend looking into, they're truly life changing <3
This was so helpful!! I sincerely appreciate you sharing what has helped and worked for you. I'm going to try to get some "fidget" gadgets and music is one of my only outlets in life so that is always helpful. I need to distract myself from the distractions is what it seems! Thank you again 💜

• Hugs
western_heart

western_heart

trying to save ourself
May 23, 2021
Medications (I take Focalin)

When in offices I can't stand to have anyone who can see my screen, I feel intense anxiety/pressure to appear like I'm doing something on the computer. So when I worked in an open plan I tried to sit with my back to the wall in a low traffic corner, or would often take my laptop to a conference room or lounge seat. At one job I had a cubicle in a corner where I could see the entire room, but others couldn't see my screens. My productivity dropped when I had to change to a higher floor... my new desk had a nice view outside, but anyone walking by could see my screens!

When working from home, I use a separate room for my office, and try to only associate it with work and other "productive" activities. Ideally with a door I can close. It helps a little bit. (Burnt out so I got laid off and am no longer working)

On my computer I try to close tabs and apps at the end of the day, if I won't need them tomorrow. And I try to spend a minute or two tidying my desk/office every day.

I try to use screen time (to reduce how much I use reddit and such). I don't use the various focus modes on iPhone/Mac very effectively, but they can help so you only get certain notifications or access certain apps depending on where you are/whether you're working or not/etc.

Noise cancelling headphones help in offices, at home, and in public places where I don't need to interact with others much. I use AirPods Max when I'm working and AirPods Pro when I'm out on errands, highly recommend if you use Apple devices. They both have a transparency mode you can toggle which allows you to hear sounds from outside only when you want to. You don't have to be playing music to use the noise canceling feature... but listening to the right kind of music can help focus better on tasks. there are also great noise canceling options from companies like Sony and Bose.

• Love