empty sighs

empty sighs

deserves to die “しがみつくな”
Feb 14, 2022
According to Wikipedia "The brightly coloured seeds of this plant contain about 0.08% of abrin" and I read a case report on acute disseminated encephalomyelitis due to abrus precatorius poisoning which stated there was a .1 mcg - 1 kg or according to Wikipedia .7 mcg - 1 kg. The case study also suggested a different value percentage of .15% of the seed.

According to a book, Akon Weights and the Gold Trade "The seeds varied between 0.068 and 0.079 grams but when used in groups of half a dozen or more gave an average of around 0.074 grams." According to Brittanica they weigh .91 carat or .182 grams

For the sake of argument .08% of .068 grams (to be safe) would be .544 milligrams of poison or abrin.

So my weight is aprox 52 kg, to be safe let's round it up to 55 kg (55 kg x .7 mcg) (let's use the higher number, again to be safe). This would equal 38.5 mcg. And .544 mg of abrin would be equivalent to 544 mcg which is way over 38.5 mcg toxicity level.

On the other hand Wikipedia also says "The median toxic dose for humans ranges from 10 to 1000 micrograms per kilogram." So. 1000 mcg x 55 kg = 55,000 total. This is 55 mg! 55/.544 mg = 101.1 seeds, let's round it up to 102.

This seems impractical to me. Unless I blended all the seeds together in a blender, but I have the feeling it would taste terrible as poison often does. I guess, am I just being paranoid?

I probably won't do this because it seems the poison is incredibly painful and takes awhile to kill. But I couldn't stop thinking about it so I thought I'd post my thoughts here.