• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Y

Yolonoodle

Bear
Sep 20, 2019
This is an interesting development and if it keeps people safe then it may possibly be a good one
I guess we will see

Myself im more of a reader than a poster but ive been here a while

_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
Personally I hope I can meet the criteria soon..

I'll still be posting in the public forum. But, fixthe26 has been screenshotting too many of my posts than I would like. Not even just personal details. I hate that they'll find any way possible to take every sentence out of context if they can. I'm just not comfortable. It would be nice to get away from their harshly judging eyes for once,...I get enough of that BS IRL.

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Personally I hope I can meet the criteria soon..

I'll still be posting in the public forum. But, fixthe26 has been screenshotting too many of my posts than I would like. Not even just personal details. I hate that they'll find any way possible to take every sentence out of context if they can. I'm just not comfortable. It would be nice to get away from their harshly judging eyes for once,...I get enough of that BS IRL.

They're screenshotting you personally?
How do you know?

_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
They're screenshotting you personally?
How do you know?

Seen some posts on twitter, with screenshots of my posts here.

For example

This post I had made was referring to how SS helped me put off potentially CTB dates. Their comment was how I am a cult member SS for posting. This is one of the first things on twitter I saw after getting out of the ward today...so yeahhhhh... I'd like to join in on the semi-private club. Tired of this BS.

They look at. Every. Single. Post. Borderline stalking. Hell, I won't be surprised if they post this. I wish I could ignore it, but I can't. I came here to find some peace from people like them IRL. Knowing they are taking my feelings and putting it on display for all of twitter to potentially see for their agenda annoys me. I don't want to have to leave SS just because of them...

and no fixthe26, even if I'm gone from SS, I would not be better off. I promise you that.

Last edited:
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Seen some posts on twitter, with screenshots of my posts here.

For example

This post I had made was referring to how SS helped me put off potentially CTB dates. Their comment was how I am a cult member SS for posting. This is one of the first things on twitter I saw after getting out of the ward today...so yeahhhhh... I'd like to join in on the semi-private club. Tired of this BS.

They look at. Every. Single. Post. Borderline stalking. Hell, I won't be surprised if they post this. I wish I could ignore it, but I can't. I came here to find some peace from people like them IRL. Knowing they are taking my feelings and putting it on display for all of twitter to potentially see for their agenda annoys me. I don't want to have to leave SS just because of them...

and no fixthe26, even if I'm gone from SS, I would not be better off. I promise you that.

Wow that's messed up they're like cyber harassing you kind of? It's messed up :(

_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
Wow that's messed up they're like cyber harassing you kind of? It's messed up :(

It's not even just me. I just made the mistake of going there to confront them on their flawed 'facts' on that platform.
Boy did I not realize I would never get a proper conversation from them.

They post screenshots from more people than just me. From people still here, and people who have already CTB'd. They insult those WHO ARE ALREADY GONE.

They just want to twist words and find any little detail that may somehow in their minds make them feel like they're right. It's an echo chamber of threats and bullying. There's some people from SS being rude on twitter to them. No excuses for that. But to straight up childishly insult people who are near death already is just a new low... protect the vulnerable? My a** lol.

Anyway. I wasn't sure if I should have come back at all. I don't even care if they have a big following or not, at all. I DO NOT like my sadness, agony and grief being used to mock a community of wonderful people, who just want a choice in life that have been pushed to feel this way, a place to talk openly without being condemned to the ward. I get it's a public forum, but I know myself, and many others, are likely to get turned away because of this situation.

Which is why I think a break from public eyes would be good for many of us. I do feel bad for the genuine new members though...

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
It's not even just me. I just made the mistake of going there to confront them on their flawed 'facts' on that platform.
Boy did I not realize I would never get a proper conversation from them.

They post screenshots from more people than just me. From people still here, and people who have already CTB'd. They insult those WHO ARE ALREADY GONE.

They just want to twist words and find any little detail that may somehow in their minds make them feel like they're right. It's an echo chamber of threats and bullying. There's some people from SS being rude on twitter to them. No excuses for that. But to straight up childishly insult people who are near death already is just a new low... protect the vulnerable? My a** lol.

Anyway. I wasn't sure if I should have come back at all. I don't even care if they have a big following or not, at all. I DO NOT like my sadness, agony and grief being used to mock a community of wonderful people, who just want a choice in life that have been pushed to feel this way, a place to talk openly without being condemned to the ward. I get it's a public forum, but I know myself, and many others, are likely to get turned away because of this situation.

Which is why I think a break from public eyes would be good for many of us. I do feel bad for the genuine new members though...
Ahh yeh. I wonder why they do that because they must know it does nothing?

Reactions: _Kaira_
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Damn, I wish this place existed when I started posting. I worry about the method of SN leading my family or other nosy bodies to this site where they will try to decipher who I am. We can remove the labels of our product but the method can still be determined and the popularity of SN on here makes this site a prime target of intrigue when someone passes. Even if we leave no trace of it on our personal devices, bread crumbs still lead here.
That is the last thing I would want. But the amount of exhaustive measures a person has to take to ensure the respect of their own privacy and an end to their suffering is quite frankly, ridiculous. It shouldn't have to be this difficult and take so much energy that many here do not have.

_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
Ahh yeh. I wonder why they do that because they must know it does nothing?

Because they say it's 'evidence'. Shock + fear is a combo people can take an advantage of. Take anything out of context, without all the details and truths, and potentially spark a chain reaction to incite people. At least that's what it feels like they're trying to do. Their website is all about 'SS encourages kids to CTB'. Fear tactics. Classic.

I'm just very personally mentally and emotionally exhausted of being attacked when I'm just a tired, sad person. I get there's PMing, but in general, I would still like to make forum posts. Just not for others' sick enjoyment or partially political agendas. This has been talked about A LOT recently, and as I stated, need a d*mn break from the undesirables.

Last edited:
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Because they say it's 'evidence'. Shock + fear is a combo people can take an advantage of. Take anything out of context, without all the details and truths, and potentially spark a chain reaction to incite people. At least that's what it feels like. Their website is all about 'SS encourages kids to CTB'. Fear tactics. Classic

Which is exactly why I get so suspicious of them. They're not helpers, rescuers or supporters, and no one suddenly becomes wily and manipulative, these are traits and skills they already had. And they can hide behind the sacred social shield of being grieving parents. These are vicious folks, and I don't get off on saying this, but having been raised by an abuser with narcissistic rages and control issues who thought she was morally right in being that way....and remembering that Joe said on the forum that he got no love at home...and remembering that Chip Beiber proudly said they are Shawn's voice when she spoke very clearly for herself on the forum...I'm sorry, but these sound like controlling and abusive parents to me who are more concerned with their images than a suicidal child of another parent. I make a point to not attack them, but I'm not going to shut off my critical thinking skills or ignore my gut responses and try to convince myself that the thick aroma of fertilizer they're spreading indicates a lovely flower garden. They don't act with the irrationality of someone who's grieving but of someone who has a sense of entitlement and is controlling, oppressive, vicious and uses irrationality as a weapon.

Screenshot that and post it on break between your disinformation, spin and general mindfuckery classes at the Rupert Murdoch Propaganda and Psyops Academy™. Just because you repeat something a million times doesn't make it true, though it was certainly effective for Hitler about the Jews, wasn't it?

Last edited:
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
Which is exactly why I get so suspicious of them. They're not helpers, rescuers or supporters, and no one suddenly becomes wily and manipulative, these are traits and skills they already had. And they can hide behind the sacred social shield of being grieving parents. These are vicious folks, and I don't get off on saying this, but having been raised by an abuser with narcissistic rages and control issues who thought she was morally right in being that way....

I literally said that people were feeling harassed by someone who was continuously making accounts to get by blocking to argue with said people who didn't want to talk to that person anymore. And one of the parents just spammed the " :pfff: " emoji in reply to me.... Ok then. Laugh at the 'vulnerable victims' being bullied and harassed I guess. Just prove the point some more that they don't care. But oh well. I don't give 2 sh*ts if they refuse to acknowledge that they aren't really concerned about our lives. They do a good enough job of showing it themselves when they refuse to reply on the reasons why SS could be considered a good thing after all (ie, people putting off CTB dates).

I really do hope the subforum allows people, especially the severely emotionally sensitive, to feel like they can post again.

Last edited:
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
A lot of the users don't seem to grasp that this is a privately owned forum, and not a public service. Admins can enforce whatever rules that come to their minds because they created this place and they are offering the users something free of charge. If they want to create a private subforum, they are within their rights to do so, using any criteria for admission they want to use, however arbitrary that criteria might seem. Having a certain number of posts or having been on the site for a certain amount of time are good criteria, imo.

Some users have their spouses monitoring this site, and they are relieved to finally have a space where they can talk more openly, without the fear of being sectioned, reported to the police, or having their posts screenshotted and displayed on anti-choicer's social media. That alone justifies the existence of this sub forum.

Exactly this. I sympathize with newer posters who feel excluded by this subforum, but at the end of the day, this is a private forum and none of us are entitled to anything.

Echo

Echo

Easily Forgotten
Oct 28, 2020
Upon a day of thought,

While i do feel excluded- and don't like feeling that i am not yet "of value" to this site and wondering what on earth i have to do to be of value anywhere on this planet if i can't matter even here...

I do understand that no one owes me anything- and that the site belongs to whomever it belongs to and that (those) person(s) can do whatever they want.
I appreciate that this is someone's way of keeping some people safe. I'm happy that those people are now safe.

-But is it still ok to post here? Should i stop and hide? How does this move protect those of us left behind on this, the SS site? This has bothered me and i'm starting to be unsure of wether or not to post anything at all here

I sent a personal message to @Marquis with some questions as Marquis invited anyone to do earlier in the thread somewhere- just so i could better understand things- and haven't heard back though Marquis may not have been online since yesterday night... i don't know, or may be super busy, and fair enough. Mods are super busy.

Any answers to my personal message would be great... and answers to questions posed in this post would be excellent as well.

_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
Upon a day of thought,

While i do feel excluded- and don't like feeling that i am not yet "of value" to this site and wondering what on earth i have to do to be of value anywhere on this planet if i can't matter even here...

I do understand that no one owes me anything- and that the site belongs to whomever it belongs to and that (those) person(s) can do whatever they want.
I appreciate that this is someone's way of keeping some people safe. I'm happy that those people are now safe.

-But is it still ok to post here? Should i stop and hide? How does this move protect those of us left behind on this, the SS site? This has bothered me and i'm starting to be unsure of wether or not to post anything at all here

I sent a personal message to @Marquis with some questions as Marquis invited anyone to do earlier in the thread somewhere- just so i could better understand things- and haven't heard back though Marquis may not have been online since yesterday night... i don't know, or may be super busy, and fair enough. Mods are super busy.

Any answers to my personal message would be great... and answers to questions posed in this post would be excellent as well.

I sent a message to them as well because I was curious as to when I could access the subforum as well.
I no longer feel as comfortable to post here as I used to be, myself. Haven't heard anything yet also.

Echo

Echo

Easily Forgotten
Oct 28, 2020
I sent a message to them as well because I was curious as to when I could access the subforum as well.
I no longer feel as comfortable to post here as I used to be, myself. Haven't heard anything yet also.
It would seem that it is to some extent random, which makes me a bit uncomfortable and dejected. To earn entry though, it would seem that you MUST participate in this forum that we feel much less like participating in since this subforum has appeared. The subforum has divided this place into an "us and them" scenario even if that's not how it was meant to happen-

_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
It would seem that it is to some extent random, which makes me a bit uncomfortable and dejected. To earn entry though, it would seem that you MUST participate in this forum that we feel much less like participating in since this subforum has appeared. The subforum has divided this place into an "us and them" scenario even if that's not how it was meant to happen-

I meant I more so feel uncomfortable because of people who have an agenda against SS, and watch like hawks on every single little post made. Then screenshot if they can find a way to make it work for them. I don't feel entitled, as much as I wish I would've made an account sooner instead of just lurking. I'd like a place where I can post a little more freely without feeling like I have a shadow hovering over me, even when I am doing and have done absolutely nothing wrong. Have enough of that at home.

Otherwise I'm kind of on the fence on idea about the private subforum for just those who have been here the longest and posted the most. I get it, it's hard to trust newer members since it is fairly easy to make a new account, but ultimately it is the choice they have decided to make.

Reactions: Echo
Echo

Echo

Easily Forgotten
Oct 28, 2020
I meant I more so feel uncomfortable because of people who have an agenda against SS, and watch like hawks on every single little post made. Then screenshot if they can find a way to make it work for them. I don't feel entitled, as much as I wish I would've made an account sooner instead of just lurking. I'd like a place where I can post a little more freely without feeling like I have a shadow hovering over me, even when I am doing and have done absolutely nothing wrong. Have enough of that at home.

Otherwise I'm kind of on the fence on idea about the private subforum for just those who have been here the longest and posted the most. I get it, it's hard to trust newer members since it is fairly easy to make a new account, but ultimately it is the choice they have decided to make.
Apologies since i got that wrong.

I'm new to this whole forum stuff and don't really understand all that is going on.
I don't want anyone screenshotting my posts either. I want to be in a safe place too- that is what my conversation is about,
I didn't realize the extent of the trolling. The creation of the subforum and the fact that it is needed frightens me.

I no longer feel safe posting about anything in depth on SS and i am very concerned for any info i already posted- but at the same time i figure i am older, who cares about "outing" echo?

People more want to save the young. Not people like me who have seen their day.
I would like a safe space to keep it real.
But at the end of the day, the mods can do as they wish- i accept that.
But if being active on the forum is a prerequisite for entry into the subforum, that's a catch-22, you have to be active on a board full of trolls to access a board safe from them. That worries me. How am i supposed to be meaningful on SS where i am now acutely aware of the trolls and fixthe26?

_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
Apologies since i got that wrong.

I'm new to this whole forum stuff and don't really understand all that is going on.
I don't want anyone screenshotting my posts either. I want to be in a safe place too- that is what my conversation is about,
I didn't realize the extent of the trolling. The creation of the subforum and the fact that it is needed frightens me.

I no longer feel safe posting about anything in depth on SS and i am very concerned for any info i already posted- but at the same time i figure i am older, who cares about "outing" echo?

People more want to save the young. Not people like me who have seen their day.
I would like a safe space to keep it real.
But at the end of the day, the mods can do as they wish- i accept that.
But if being active on the forum is a prerequisite for entry into the subforum, that's a catch-22, you have to be active on a board full of trolls to access a board safe from them. That worries me. How am i supposed to be meaningful on SS where i am now acutely aware of the trolls and fixthe26?

No worries. Trolling onsite isn't THAT bad of an issue per se. But there are people out there who have vendettas against SS on other platforms and are doing some sort of an attempt to getting SS taken down. Even they aren't THAT big of an issue. But still, an annoyance, and one that atleast for me, makes me feel like I have to watch every sentence I say. That's why a private forum intrigues me, because I miss not feeling the way I currently do.

As long as you don't post any personally identifying information, you should be safe. Trust me, they don't even care about young adults either. From personal experience, they have no qualms with harassing and bullying the suicidal. They only preach wanting to save kids under 18, who shouldn't even be here to begin with. The rest of us are freakishly demonic cultists, according to them. Quite frankly, I'm sick of being posting material for them, having to take their insults when I never did a f*cking thing wrong.

omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
The parameters to view the sub-forum could be looser.

A month or two should be long enough for entry. Most trolls wouldn't last that long and some of the high-profile ctbs that incentivised FT26 to pursue us actually happened in April anyway so the "spy" account(s) could've been made any time between then and now. Getting to 200 posts is more effort on their part than simply sticking round so I feel the parameters should be weighed more on post count than join date.

One negotiable suggestion could be allowing members who have >200 posts and >1 month registration as well as those who have >1 year registration and >100 posts. Those requirements would do fine to create more privacy without too many people on our side being left out.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
The main page has been more quiet, but it has been nice to interact with the newish members.

• Love
Reactions: Jumper Geo
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
That's a coincidence. There's not much posting going on in the sanctuary.
Can't comment on that. Haven't seen it yet. But I'm happy for the people on it. Some people have 2000 posts. That takes a lot of determination and means they helped a lot of people and are of great value for the community.

Reactions: _Kaira_ and Sensei
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
But if being active on the forum is a prerequisite for entry into the subforum, that's a catch-22, you have to be active on a board full of trolls to access a board safe from them. That worries me. How am i supposed to be meaningful on SS where i am now acutely aware of the trolls
That is a very good point.

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
The parameters to view the sub-forum could be looser.

A month or two should be long enough for entry. Most trolls wouldn't last that long and some of the high-profile ctbs that incentivised FT26 to pursue us actually happened in April anyway so the "spy" account(s) could've been made any time between then and now. Getting to 200 posts is more effort on their part than simply sticking round so I feel the parameters should be weighed more on post count than join date.

One negotiable suggestion could be allowing members who have >200 posts and >1 month registration as well as those who have >1 year registration and >100 posts. Those requirements would do fine to create more privacy without too many people on our side being left out.
Some dude made an account yesterday and already has over 100 posts.

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I think I said it in another thread that if they made it to where you can add account longevity, number of posts, and reaction score is X to qualify for the special forum. No one is going to react score a troll, but troll accounts can spam their way in, or they can create an account, but leave it dormant for awhile.

It's a bit harder to get reaction scores up because you have to rely on another person.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Can't comment on that. Haven't seen it yet. But I'm happy for the people on it. Some people have 2000 posts. That takes a lot of determination and means they helped a lot of people and are of great value for the community.

Or they played a lot of Off Topic games. Or they're just loquacious and hopefully brought value at the same time.

I wish we didn't have visible post counts and react scores, nor a ranking page. All that has always felt inappropriate and uncomfortable to me on this, a suicide forum. I personaly frigging hate that mine can be seen and that I've "risen" to the second top poster; I just want to fucking talk to people before I fucking die because I'm fucking isolated and have been for an incredibly long time and I really care about people.

@Sherri my tangent is NOT directed at you. This stuff has been churning under the surface and I'm hurting more than usual today so I'm letting it out a bit. It's not directed at anyone, I just needed to express what I'm feeling, I've almost started a thread several times but it won't do any good, it's been discussed on the forum before, so thank for unintentionally providing a pressure release. Sending an appreciative and caring hug.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Or they played a lot of Off Topic games. Or they're just loquacious and hopefully brought value at the same time.

I wish we didn't have visible post counts and react scores, nor a ranking page. All that has always felt inappropriate and uncomfortable to me on this, a suicide forum. I personaly frigging hate that mine can be seen and that I've "risen" to the second top poster; I just want to fucking talk to people before I fucking die because I'm fucking isolated and have been for an incredibly long time and I really care about people.

@Sherri my tangent is NOT directed at you. This stuff has been churning under the surface and I'm hurting more than usual today so I'm letting it out a bit. It's not directed at anyone, I just needed to express what I'm feeling, I've almost started a thread several times but it won't do any good, it's been discussed on the forum before, so thank for unintentionally providing a pressure release. Sending an appreciative and caring hug.
Don't worry goodpersoneffect, I know you didn't target it at me, we're ok. If you feeling low my PM is always open to you ok??? A big hug back at you too. Thank you for the kind words. :heart: :hug:

All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020

I wish we didn't have visible post counts and react scores, nor a ranking page. All that has always felt inappropriate and uncomfortable to me on this, a suicide forum. I personaly frigging hate that mine can be seen and that I've "risen" to the second top poster; I just want to fucking talk to people before I fucking die because I'm fucking isolated and have been for an incredibly long time and I really

It does seem a bit strange having likes etc on here just like Twitter, Facebook etc.
And number of posts, likes etc needed to get on the special forum.

It does appear to me at least that SS is aimed at a younger crowd.

Maybe I'm just an old misery though :)