S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I believe that the original members of Fixthe26 are family members who are grieving, and the rest are all trolls from Anon and some far right extremist groups who want to cause a bit of chaos. They go on multiple sites, not only this one, but Reddit and Quora to brigade, dox, and enjoy the power that their actions cause. No doubt in my mind that they want to even see us being swatted and brought to justice just because we want to end our lives. They spin the narrative that we enthusiastically harm children because that garners more sympathy and views to their cause.

You want to bring change, don't focus on these organizations, contact the families who are involved originally and reach out to them. They just want closure to their grief, but they're targeting and doing it the wrong way that only will hurt more people in the future.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Soul, sufferingalways and 1 other person
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I'd like to believe that people in the USA are more complex than simple 2-dimensional characters whose thoughts and behaviours can be entirely predicted by knowledge of their political or religious belief.
Yeah... In the past, maybe. In today's America, not so much. :(

We need to stop giving reasons why we can't work together and consider what we might be able to achieve if we did.
I just don't really know how to work together with anyone under any circumstance when only one party wants to look at things from a different perspective. Especially someone who just decided to label a group of suicidal, depressed people evil child murderers. And that's not assumption. It's the first damn thing you see on their website!

I mean, really... How do we work with that?

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Soul and Worthless_nobody
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
I'm in the UK.
I'd like to believe that people in the USA are more complex than simple 2-dimensional characters whose thoughts and behaviours can be entirely predicted by knowledge of their political or religious belief.

We need to stop giving reasons why we can't work together and consider what we might be able to achieve if we did.

You're not in the United States, you don't get it. Your heart is in the right place though.

Reactions: Worthless_nobody, Spitfire and k75
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Ironically, I think it's quite the opposite!
Before I posted that I went to Google what's a "fixthe26". It sounds like some militia in my mind. I get to their site and the first thing I see is
Imagine a web site that teaches children how to end their own lives? It exists.
Obviously more stylized, but I'm on mobile right now.
The first thing you see when you enter that site plays on just about any American internet fear - suicide, unknown evil communities, DA CHEELDRAN!!!!
I scroll down.
We know that Sanctioned Suicide is responsible for the deaths of many people throughout the world. As long as the law governing the internet, as it is written today, continues without new legislation, sites like this will continue to teach and train others how to end their lives. This is not free speech, this is murder!
Menacing name - sanctioned suicide! Alright, that one's on us.
Needing new legalization, "teaching and training others how to end their lives"
TRAINING!
We're a fucking suicide cult, apparently. I wasn't informed I'm joining a suicide cult when I first signed up.
Alright, sure, I was looking for that information even before I joined, but I don't recall being TRAINED in the art of suicide.
I scroll down.
Alright, so that's where their dramatic introduction ends. There are some words about how the host is not to be considered the publisher, how that's evil, and how we need to censor the internet because DA CHEELDRAN might see something scary.
They also have links for evidence which I didn't click because I'm on mobile, and this site is weirdly demanding on my phone.

So you're telling me using every boomer fear to describe my little haven from people is not a call to arms?

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, it's_all_a_game, Skathon and 5 others
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
@BipolarGuy send me a pm I'm on discord let's chat. If you want change we can make it happen but with the right people.

Reactions: k75
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
They also have links for evidence which I didn't click because I'm on mobile, and this site is weirdly demanding on my phone.
Yeah, and what you find in that section are random screenshots with usernames from this forum taken out of context from goodbye threads and such, supposedly proving how bad we are.

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I won't even argue about how deluded an idea this is. I just want to say, it is high time we had a user-only forum for goodbye threads.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Skathon, Sinkinshyp and 4 others
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
I won't even argue about how deluded an idea this is. I just want to say, it is high time we had a user-only forum for goodbye threads.
Maybe you're right.
I don't know yet.

Reactions: woxihuanni
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
I totally agree 100 percent with what you have said and I was thinking the same thing. I just don't know if they would be willing to have a serious discussion about this matter. They can be pro life, we can be pro choice but still work on advocating for better mental health care.

The problem is that on their website, they have the names of republican senators who want to abolish healthcare to millions of Americans. Ted Cruz and Lindsey graham.

I think they view us as evil and they won't budge from that position. If they are willing, they should let us know. They can take the first step by stoping calling us evil.

I think they are very religious people and that gets in the way of everything. They see the world as good versus evil, they believe in heaven and hell and that we are doing Satan's work. Until that changes or unless I'm wrong, I doubt a dialogue and cooperation would work.
Oh wow I just saw the part about the republican senators. Yes those people are actively trying to tear things down further for us and leave us with less options than we have now. That's a huge detrimental they support those senators and tells me no one care about healthcare as the core issue at hand. Because getting rid of the already terrible ACA healthcare insurance (it's still unaffordable) we have in US is no solution. It's pretty bleak over here in US with those senators and others like them giving us only 3 options, go in debt suffer or die. If they support senators like that then they do not support changing and improving mental health care. I believe across the world healthcare needs changing.

Also sadly religion has a firm grip on a lot of America and I see no hope for progress unless there is true separation of government and religion beliefs.

Last edited:
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Soul, k75 and 1 other person
sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
In an ideal world yes I would love to see both "pro life" and "pro choice" come together and fix some of the problems that contribute to suicides. I wish I could say I had faith it could happen but sadly I don't. Mental health services in countries across the world are atrocious and need complete overhaul that's for sure!

My question is how could we get them to listen to us? Of course there are good people there and good people here but it seems to me their sole purpose is taking down this website. Now of course we know and they know that won't stop suicide...in fact this website HELPS people to have a space to vent, relate to others and find friendship we can't in regular life. I have made friends here and I can't in regular life because no one wants a broken ptsd friend who is triggered by things and isn't "fun"...I just wish they would acknowledge that SS is not all negative but lots of positive.

I think a good start would be getting both parties to agree that suicide needs to be something we can FREELY talk about without fear of psych ward prison. It helps to get these feelings out. Next things need to change on a society level and that's where it will be the hardest to get anyone to understand our views I think. No one can prevent abuse, trauma mental and physical issues and various things that make people suicidal. That's where I see the opposition will come in. Regular people see the suicidal as irrational and mentally ill. How can we change that view? I totally understand their pain and why they are mad and grieving over at fix the26....I have tragically lost people in my life (my once fiance who died tragically was a perfect case of FAILED healthcare) and I wanted to pin blame where ever I could because grief is complex. What i don't agree with is how it's handled... saying people here are evil and monsters and encourage suicide and that a website pushed them to do it is just not true.

Yes I wish we all could work together to fix mental health care because that's where things failed! No one comes here and just decided to ctb..the issues run deeper. A good start would be the ability to talk freely about suicide with no fear, better access to mental health services (and some free affordable options not tied to insurance in the US..other countries as well of course), guaranteed jobs (none of this mandatory experience stuff, on site job training is needed), safe affordable housing with caps in how much rent can be charged and laws that prevent rent from being raised, a LIVABLE wage where the person can live completely independent, better access to disability if needed....stuff like that is what the 2 sides should fight for. It won't fix everyone's problems but it would help improve life for sure! ... but I rambled on enough I have just been wanting to say this for a long time.

Hi I love what you wrote
I would also like to make improvements with others somehow, and I'm sorry to hear you suffer with PTSD too. Mine is complex ptsd so I get triggers too. Sending a hug xx

• Love
Reactions: Worthless_nobody
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Hi I love what you wrote
I would also like to make improvements with others somehow, and I'm sorry to hear you suffer with PTSD too. Mine is complex ptsd so I get triggers too. Sending a hug xx
Hi! Thank you. I also have complex ptsd... multiple life trauma from childhood to now. I understand how hard it is. My sorry your suffering with this too. Sending you lots of love and hugs. :heart::hug:

• Love
Reactions: sufferingalways
sufferingalways

sufferingalways

Avoiding flashing images, epilepsy.
Apr 26, 2020
Hi! Thank you. I also have complex ptsd... multiple life trauma from childhood to now. I understand how hard it is. My sorry your suffering with this too. Sending you lots of love and hugs. :heart::hug:

Ditto that's what's caused mine. Thank you and sending you Love and Big hugs too Xxx

• Hugs
Reactions: Worthless_nobody
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I really don't understand why you think all this is necessary, they have their place, SS another.
Some things are not meant to 'get close together', and honestly I don't want to be associated with people who spread lies and have been actively busy to kill this forum.

Reactions: sadworld
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I have seen many comments about so called "pro-lifers" (which has a different meaning on this website than it does elsewhere).
My own neutrality has attracted accusations of me being "pro-life" and having an "agenda", apparently simply because I am willing to offer a different perspective...
...and once again I'm prepared to be the maverick and offer an alternative perspective...

It seems to me that the people who run fixthe26 are perfectly good people. In fact they may be better people than your average Joe because, frankly, not many people who feel strongly about something are willing to actually take action and do something.
I have huge respect for people who want to see something changed and go out and try to change it.

It also seems to me that the vast majority of people on this forum are also perfectly decent people who use this website due to how we're feeling.

What we all have in common (fixthe26 and people on this forum) is that we have been failed by mental health services as well as fallen victims to circumstance.
So rather than digging in our heels and throwing mud at each other, why don't we work together?

The support I have received from members of this website has kept me alive despite having been in possession of a method to end my life for a couple of weeks now, and despite setting a date to end my life three times in the last two weeks.

If this website were to be shut down, it wouldn't solve the problem. In fact it may make it worse as people like us wouldn't be able to access peer support.
If fixthe26 failed to shut down this website, it also wouldn't improve anything for us because we'd all still be experiencing the same issues regardless.

So I do wonder if there is a way we can all work together to tackle our common issues, one of which is poor quality mental health services.
I know that members of this forum (myself included) would be motivated to tackle this issue, and my guess would be that members of fixthe26 would be motivated by this too.
You are a traitor, the fix the 26 is trying for ages to shut down SS and you partner up with them? I lost al respect for you, how dare you put SS on the spotlight, when all of us even mods cared for you. Go F yourself.
Ok well I'll leave you in your belief that putting differences aside and working together is an extreme opinion.

It was me who first said that pro-life and pro-death are polar opposites.
It was you who implied that pro-life and pro-choice are opposites:

Good night.
Go see a doctor boy, not the fix26.
Maybe you're right.
I don't know yet.
Yeah I'm sure the fix26 would heal you. Traitor no better word.
I really don't understand why you think all this is necessary, they have their place, SS another.
Some things are not meant to 'get close together', and honestly I don't want to be associated with people who spread lies and have been actively busy to kill this forum.
This guy should be blocked forever on this site so he won't share our details and conversations with dixthe26. Mods what you think?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie
albino_elk

albino_elk

im infj with bpd=dysfunctional trash
Aug 25, 2020
Stop spreading hate towards him cuz hes not here anymore..jeeesh XD

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
The premise: SS and fixthe26 have a shared purpose.

What we all have in common (fixthe26 and people on this forum) is that we have been failed by mental health services as well as fallen victims to circumstance.
So I do wonder if there is a way we can all work together to tackle our common issues, one of which is poor quality mental health services.

I've read the fixthe26 site, they've never claimed any mental health issues. Their issues: that SS exists, and a law allows SS to exist.

I've read the SS rules and FAQ. The purpose: people need a safe place to talk about suicide.

There is no common focus or purpose between fixthe26 and SS. Therefore, the issue claimed by the OP is not the issue and is a red herring...just as SS targeting minors and people on the autism spectrum is not the issue for fixthe26 is a red herring. Seems what we have in common, or should I say, what OP has in common with fixthe26, is the use of red herrings.

I don't know what OP's goal was, but just as I've read fixthe26's site, I read the post to try to figure things out. It jumps all over, but maybe the actual goal is in there somewhere:

• OP was accused of pro-life and having an agenda [Those who accuse act with enmity toward OP.]
  • OP is neutral
  • OP is a maverick
  • fixthe26 people are better than average people because they are trying to change something [note: that something is the existence of SS and the wording of a law that allows it]
  • people on SS are perfectly decent people [note: fixthe26 people are above average while SS people are acceptable]
  • people use SS because of how they and the OP are feeling [How are "we" feeling? How can we know if we're all feeling the same things?]
  • SS members have prevented OP from suiciding
  • Taking down SS would not solve "the problem" [What, specifically, is the problem?]
  • Taking down SS would make "the problem" worse because people would lose peer support [What, specifically, is the problem, and how does peer support address it?]
  • If fixthe26 failed to get the site shut down, people would still be experiencing the same problems [This is a plain fact, there is nothing profound about it.]
  • Suggestion to change focus -- SS and fixthe26 work together to tackle "common issues, one of which is poor quality mental health services." [What what what??]
    • Certainty that forum members would be willing to work on this issue
    • Speculation that fixthe26 members would be willing to work on the issue
    • Ergo, no more focus on shutting down SS, and no more focus on planning suicides, and no more enmity between us, because we're all focusing on a new common enemy to tackle: poor quality mental health services.

In summary, 1) those slandering and seeking to shut down SS are better than average people; 2) SS members are decent and do some good things like saving OP's life; 3) there is a "problem," but shutting down SS wouldn't solve it; 4) instead of SS and fixthe26 fighting with each other, since we're all better than average or decent, let's combine forces and focus on a problem the OP thinks we share but fixthe26 has never focused on as being one of their problems: poor quality mental health services.

What's the goal? It looks to me like covert empowerment of fixthe26 and reification of pro-life agendas.

I mean, we're okay, too, but not as great. We'd be greater if we all worked together, so lay down your methods and your critical thinking, and let's join the enemy who's actually freaking awesome and go fight a different enemy together.

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, it's_all_a_game, Frew and 3 others
Brink

Brink

Exhausted. RadHomo.
Feb 11, 2020
Sad how this all turned out with Jeremy selling out. I really believed in the idea and then it was just a shit show really.

Not one mention of the 'shared' problems we all face with healthcare, MH, the economy etc. Sad

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Myforevercharlie and Brick In The Wall
D

Deleted member 1768

Enlightened
Aug 15, 2018
I have seen many comments about so called "pro-lifers" (which has a different meaning on this website than it does elsewhere).
My own neutrality has attracted accusations of me being "pro-life" and having an "agenda", apparently simply because I am willing to offer a different perspective...
...and once again I'm prepared to be the maverick and offer an alternative perspective...

It seems to me that the people who run fixthe26 are perfectly good people. In fact they may be better people than your average Joe because, frankly, not many people who feel strongly about something are willing to actually take action and do something.
I have huge respect for people who want to see something changed and go out and try to change it.

It also seems to me that the vast majority of people on this forum are also perfectly decent people who use this website due to how we're feeling.

So rather than digging in our heels and throwing mud at each other, why don't we work together?

The support I have received from members of this website has kept me alive despite having been in possession of a method to end my life for a couple of weeks now, and despite setting a date to end my life three times in the last two weeks.

If this website were to be shut down, it wouldn't solve the problem. In fact it may make it worse as people like us wouldn't be able to access peer support.
If fixthe26 failed to shut down this website, it also wouldn't improve anything for us because we'd all still be experiencing the same issues regardless.

I know that members of this forum (myself included) would be motivated to tackle this issue, and my guess would be that members of fixthe26 would be motivated by this too.
I have given tons of scientific evidence that proves how dangerous, and ineffective most of the drugs used in 'mental health' really are. A class action lawsuit would bring those concerns front and center, but there has been little/no interest on this forum. Not something I understand. Why take pills that do more harm than good? Why allow 'doctors' so much control over human rights? What is the point of complaining if you refuse to make change? This site has taught me that most suicidal people are fixated on themselves almost completely. But go ahead and try...I wish you the best of luck. Hugs.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brink