After The End

After The End

The lily whispers, “I wait.”
Jul 31, 2019
This idea came up in the chat room. I think it is good. I am very motivated and serious about creating something like this. Everyone speaks for the struggling, desperate, etc because by definition they are generally deemed unworthy of the popular platforms that exist. So I want to try to create a platform in which we are welcome and can do more than mouth the typical platitudes, and am serious and willing to invest both time and money (in non-trivial amounts) for equipment, publicity, etc.

But we would need people. Whether to be part of a regular, 'cast,' discussing relevant issues or simply struggling people who are willing to bare their souls before an audience.

Technical assistance would also be beneficial. I have some experience copy-writing and editing sound/video (and the relevant software) and some experience with graphic design but if we could spread these jobs around or collaborate we could produce more content. Another issue would be to have a content moderator. Someone familiar with content guidelines on the big social media platforms who can ensure we are not simply going to be shut-down for saying the wrong things.

Reactions: Sensei, Midnight-rain, ERASED and 1 other person
kh@l33zi

kh@l33zi

A dreamer living in the world of nightmares
Jun 5, 2020
But we would need people. Whether to be part of a regular, 'cast,' discussing relevant issues or simply struggling people who are willing to bare their souls before an audience.

I would be interested in being a part of a regular cast - I'm all for discussing relevant issues and the struggles that we go through. I'm willing to be a barer of my soul. I personally think this is a great idea. Thank you for coming up with it!

Reactions: Sensei, ERASED and After The End
After The End

After The End

Jul 31, 2019
I would be interested in being a part of a regular cast

That's great! Can I ask about your background and situation? I don't mean to pry, and feel free to forward the info privately if you prefer but ideally we would have a cross-section of people. For example I'm a guy, in my thirties, I'm from Australia, I struggle with psychological issues, and isolation. I've never tried to commit suicide, but I struggle with thoughts of suicide frequently.

If we get enough interest I think I'll have to create a Discord server and maybe we can try shooting the shit on voice-chat with some simple prompts and record them. See how people work together.

Reactions: ERASED
kh@l33zi

kh@l33zi

Jun 5, 2020
That's great! Can I ask about your background and situation? I don't mean to pry, and feel free to forward the info privately if you prefer but ideally we would have a cross-section of people. For example I'm a guy, in my thirties, I'm from Australia, I struggle with psychological issues, and isolation. I've never tried to commit suicide, but I struggle with thoughts of suicide frequently.

If we get enough interest I think I'll have to create a Discord server and maybe we can try shooting the shit on voice-chat with some simple prompts and record them. See how people work together.

In the interest of being open and baring a soul - I'm in my thirties in the US, struggle with PTSD from an abusive marriage, depression, and anxiety. I've been through what's called Cognitive Behavior Therapy, which is similar to CPT, but a little different, and would be happy to talk about that in a podcast. Suicide runs in the family, I am extremely empathic, intuitive, and have dealt with managing my suicidality since I was a child. I've never acted on it for the sake of my family. I come from a religious background, and am evolving in my spiritual self and would love to speak more about that as well. I do have the support of a loving, albeit not always understanding family and a very loving partner, but even that in itself can cause a lot of struggles, which again, I think should be talked about.

Reactions: ERASED and After The End
After The End

After The End

Jul 31, 2019
Thank you for your candor. It seems our situations are quite different. Which is good. We probably have quite different experiences and outlooks in many respects. I would love to hear what you have to say on those topics.

I think two, or perhaps three people would make for a good number as far as a regular cast is concerned. Do you agree?

kh@l33zi

kh@l33zi

Jun 5, 2020
Oh yeah, I think two or three, with maybe rotating guests is a great idea.

Reactions: taylor321 and ERASED
After The End

After The End

Jul 31, 2019
Oh yeah, I think two or three, with maybe rotating guests is a great idea.

I agree. Guests are essential.

Reactions: kh@l33zi
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Sounds curious. I'd rather not reveal my face or primary name, though.
I can use an older name.

Reactions: kh@l33zi and After The End
After The End

After The End

Jul 31, 2019
Sounds curious. I'd rather not reveal my face or primary name, though.

I totally appreciate these concerns, and if someone wanted to discuss their experiences there would be no need for them to provide any personal details, nor would they need to appear on camera.

After The End

After The End

Jul 31, 2019
Sorry for the double-post, but I wanted to let everyone know there is also a topic here in which people are interested in this.

After The End

After The End

Jul 31, 2019
I'm just going to post the server here: https://discord.gg/jDrKbv if anyone is interested feel free to drop in. I'll leave it up until the 13th. At which point I'll move on and do something else.